No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 or 6 years ago in the A League Melbourne Victory were copping a raw deal from a ref named Stebre Delovski. He was deciding matches by conveniently missing penalties for MV and dubiously awarding some the other way. He and the league would come out during the week saying the usual "soz lol got it wrong pls forgive". MV eventually put in an official complaint against the ref. I'm having trouble to find the stats but I remember at the time amongst other MV supporters mentioning we haven't seen him ref us for a while. This article is dated Feb '15 so would have been towards the end of that season and I don't believe we saw him ref another game for us until sometime the following season. Richmond must at least confront the AFL and enquire about Deboy even if they don't register a complaint.

Until the club acts nothing will happen ,him and the virgin have aggendas

So much for high contact precedent, Cunnington got off with a downgrade to low impact.

c3562f2e9521020de502f370ac3fbe48_XL.jpg

I've always said this too. If you get a sh*t ref at least you usually know he's going to be making sh*t calls both ways. The ref will always set the tone early, whether that's just his interpretation or if he's going to call touchy fouls or not and the players adjust, then you generally get a pretty consistently officiated game. Not like AFL where you get 3 different interpretations of ambiguously written rules.
14 frees to 3 and the dubious 50’s and that out of bounds that resulted in a goal and the deliberate,lol,it’s amazing the media have zipped their mouths about this,pure corruption umpiring.

******* disgrace mate , I don’t care what people say , I rekon at all levels if an umpire doesn’t like a club they will go dry with no lube, ala Deboy and Richmond.
i reckon some umpires hold grudges and spiteful revenge x 10 compared to players...umpires have been known to say 'well you won't be getting a free today' to lippy players.

They don't officially exist. I spent a good amount of time last season trying to find other umpire-related stats i.e. goals from free kicks, position of where free kicks were given. Couldn't find anything.
I think people with media credentials or something like that have access
I remember one time Cornes tweeting a photo of some individual umpire stats
It would of been like two years ago

Edit
Can’t believe I actually remembered it and found it
B97CA393-A1D6-40FA-A6F8-801CC281E497.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit
View attachment 1102145

Yeah champion data would have stats for how long each umpire takes to put his boots on. We just never see it

The best thing is we know broadcasters see this type of s**t and don't say anything about it because they're not allowed too or the AFL will come down hard and limit the number of invites they get to the AFL Annual Polo Ball or something

i reckon some umpires hold grudges and spiteful revenge x 10 compared to players...umpires have been known to say 'well you won't be getting a free today' to lippy players.
And there's that s**t you see where players play mind games on them, chatting to them trying to make a personal connection etc to garner more attention and sympathy.

Dangerfield, Selwood types do it all the time.

One of the EPL players a couple of years back said it well, how he used to ask the ref how their families were etc and get all matey with them

Edit
View attachment 1102145

Damn, good find.

I have no doubt commentators and clubs have access to these type of stats through Champion Data, it's just a massive shame that the rest of us aren't privy to it unless it's leaked by one of the aforementioned parties.

If I find enough spare time I may start tabulating goals from free kicks and start a thread, to see just how hard done by we are compared to other clubs. It would just take an extraordinary amount of time compared to pulling stats from Champion Data.

Edit
View attachment 1102145

4 umpires? What happened? On these figures you could assume the umpire who gave 11 to 1 was biased against the Giants. But umpires rotate through games involving different teams every week. RFC almost always loses the free kick stat. I tried watching a replay of the Port game to see if I could work out which umpire was awarding frees. I couldn't. TV camera is usually zoomed to the players.
It's the goals from free kicks that hurt. If clubs have access to this detailed data on which umpire is giving free kicks to which club. It wouldn't take long to identify bias. And have a chat with the umpires supervisor.

4 umpires? What happened? On these figures you could assume the umpire who gave 11 to 1 was biased against the Giants. But umpires rotate through games involving different teams every week. RFC almost always loses the free kick stat. I tried watching a replay of the Port game to see if I could work out which umpire was awarding frees. I couldn't. TV camera is usually zoomed to the players.
It's the goals from free kicks that hurt. If clubs have access to this detailed data on which umpire is giving free kicks to which club. It wouldn't take long to identify bias. And have a chat with the umpires supervisor.
Give me a few weeks to trawl through the games this season and I'll get a thread started on goals from free kicks per team.

I think that’s why they don’t give access to the public of those figures
Even if an umpire was doing the wrong thing or had a bias the last thing the league would want is that info getting out

People sent Dylan grimes and his wife death threats for milking a couple of free kicks
Imagine what would happen to umpires if they thought could prove they were deliberately trying to sabotage a team

FWIW I think umpire bias is real but it’s more about noise of affirmation or subconsciously favouring certain teams or players and it’s not actually a grand conspiracy

I think that’s why they don’t give access to the public of those figures
Even if an umpire was doing the wrong thing or had a bias the last thing the league would want is that info getting out

People sent Dylan grimes and his wife death threats for milking a couple of free kicks
Imagine what would happen to umpires if they thought could prove they were deliberately trying to sabotage a team

FWIW I think umpire bias is real but it’s more about noise of affirmation or subconsciously favouring certain teams or players and it’s not actually a grand conspiracy

How much it cost to get access to the chimp data stats?

How much it cost to get access to the chimp data stats?
I think you can subscribe to get them but it’s only like the public stats
Not where all the good s**t is like umpires
Probably like an industry only access

cornes may of got that picture off his brother who is a runner for port

I think you can subscribe to get them but it’s only like the public stats
Not where all the good sh*t is like umpires
Probably like an industry only access

cornes may of got that picture off his brother who is a runner for port

Bigfooty should pretend to be a real business and get the stats for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad