No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm in two minds. I didn't like the short quarters because I felt they were over too quick. But I have always felt that an AFL game is too long. The amount of times it has been half way through the final quarter and I've said to myself "is this still going?"

I don't mind a concussion sub, but not an injury sub. That can too easily be abused. If you're unsure of how to structure the team you could just fake an injury to get the more suited player in. At least with the concussion sub it would be too expensive to fake because that player is likely going to be out for 12 days.

Leave the bloody game alone !

Here's an idea, put some time, money and more resources in to growing the game at grass roots level for once. That way you won't be over run by soccer and basketball.

If my mechanic spent this much time and money tinkering with my car, making it go fast, go slow, go wide, go straight, use heaps of fuel, use hardly any fuel, take seats out, put extra seats back in, put low profile tyres on, then swap them for 4wd tyres, put in an immobiliser in so whoever drives has to nominate, then take it back out again, make it park itself, make you park the bloody thing yourself, take out the rear view mirror, put it back in again, paint it a different colour, then strip it back to bare metal, then paint it back to its original colour, tune it up, then make it cough and splutter, make it smoke thick blue emissions, then remove the engine altogether and make it run on rubber bands, remove the radio, put the radio back in, change the aircon so there are zones, remove the zones, licence it for two passengers, then three passengers and then four and then make one passenger wear a vest and only allow them in the car if another passenger falls out, then scrap that idea, then bring it back, then make it big enough for Meatloaf to sit in the passenger seat, them ban Meatloaf from ever getting in the car again, then tell everyone where they have to sit, then change it all around again so that that's EXACTLY where you can sit but nowhere else ! If my mechanic chopped and changed my car this much I would ******* kick him right in the balls and say stop it ! Leave my bloody car alone !
that's hilarious.....
but the mechanics ~the AFL only have one car to work on. The game of footy. Every year the AFL's like a formula 1 team. Trial new tyres, new fuel, new umpiring rules new interchange rule. In a race against what? viewer boredom? other sports?

I'm in two minds. I didn't like the short quarters because I felt they were over too quick. But I have always felt that an AFL game is too long. The amount of times it has been half way through the final quarter and I've said to myself "is this still going?"

I don't mind a concussion sub, but not an injury sub. That can too easily be abused. If you're unsure of how to structure the team you could just fake an injury to get the more suited player in. At least with the concussion sub it would be too expensive to fake because that player is likely going to be out for 12 days.
You could do the same with an injury sub. I.e if a player is subbed he can't play for 12 days. It would ensure players are only subbed with genuine injuries like a knee, hammy etc.

Injury sub is an awful idea imho
I don't see the difference between a concussion sub or injury sub. If a player does his knee in the first 5 minutes it's the same loss to the team as someone getting concussed in the first 5 minutes. You've just got to ensure the injury sub is used for genuine injuries, hence a 12 day break.

I don't see the difference between a concussion sub or injury sub. If a player does his knee in the first 5 minutes it's the same loss to the team as someone getting concussed in the first 5 minutes. You've just got to ensure the injury sub is used for genuine injuries, hence a 12 day break.

All sub ideas suck - is what I was trying to say. Imho

If you want more footy, pre AFL era ~VFL games used to be 25 minutes.

Plus time on. Often quarters would go more than 30 minutes. It all changed when they started doing deliberate out of bounds (thanks Sheeds if I remember right). So they reduced it to 20 minutes and made OOB time on. Quarters are about the same length overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Geelong first round pick is gold. They know they are too old to run games out.

I really wonder if 2021 with longer quarters and less rotations will lead the Cats to fall apart come the second half of the season - damn hope so. I'd love a top 10 pick this year. Maybe top 5 would make it perfect. Get that replacement for JR8. Win the premiership and be one win off the Dee record. Pick up a few more top line players and rebuild whilst being the best team of all time. That would be a good 2021 for me.

I really wonder if 2021 with longer quarters and less rotations will lead the Cats to fall apart come the second half of the season - damn hope so. I'd love a top 10 pick this year. Maybe top 5 would make it perfect. Get that replacement for JR8. Win the premiership and be one win off the Dee record. Pick up a few more top line players and rebuild whilst being the best team of all time. That would be a good 2021 for me.

Welcome to Richmond, Jacob van Rooyen

What we really need is Geelong to win the spoon and we win the flag. That would be the ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back