No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
So in the Cats last 6 matches, opposition players KO’d by “accident” count has just had another addition:

2020 GF Vlastuin elbowed to the face by Dangerfield at top speed in a “football incident.” “Unavoidable.”

2021 Rd 1 Kelly gets his face absolutely smashed by Dangerfield’s forehead. Dangerfield gets weeks after saying in the media words to the effect the player going the man needs to protect himself….Dangerfield gets 3

2021 Rd 2 Neale not seriously injured but collected by a forceful swinging arm from behind by Rohan for which the latter got 2…Chris Scott said he was "totally comfortable" with what Rohan did. Right...

2021 Rd 3 In what looks like a radical anomaly, no Hawks players knocked out accidentally.

2021 Rd 4 Stray Hawkins elbow just happens to collect May and fracture his eye socket whislt May is tackling Hawkins. “Accident.”

2021 Rd 5 Duncan “accidentally” KO’s Hall whilst in the act of trying to smother a Hall kick. Hall off for the match with concussion.

The pattern doesn’t appear to be getting any weaker.

Edit: Just been through the last 46 AFL matches including the 2020 GF and all 2021 matches.

I counted 14 fresh concussions or severe head or facial injuries that caused players to miss matches.

The Cats have played 6 of those matches and their players’ “accidental” actions accounted for 4 of those injuries. Plus you had Rohan getting his two weeks for hooking Neale to the head off the ball from behind.

The other 17 teams combined were responsible for 10 such injuries in that time at the most. I say at the most as some injuries can be caused by friendly fire. So for the rest of the competition, individual teams have played 86 matches combined for 10 concussions/severe facial injuries caused. An average AFL rate apart from Geelong of one per 8.6 matches.

Geelong players are causing concussions/severe facial injuries over that period at the rate of one per 1.66 matches.

Geelong are a massive outlier here. So let’s see if the trend continues further.
Keep going.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Danger out for several weeks.
Has been a battering ram for the Cats.
Cameron has lingering injury concerns too.
Can't see the Cats challenging this year.
Though I had the B-Lions pencilled in as a contender at the start of the year.
In terms of Teague, Walls said Carlton must play finals this year or he's gone.
In terms of Buckley, he has job interest from a couple of clubs, he is not concerned for his coaching future.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
1619097596792.png

Danger out for several weeks.
Has been a battering ram for the Cats.
Cameron has lingering injury concerns too.
Can't see the Cats challenging this year.
Though I had the B-Lions pencilled in as a contender at the start of the year.
In terms of Teague, Walls said Carlton must play finals this year or he's gone.
In terms of Buckley, he has job interest from a couple of clubs, he is not concerned for his coaching future.
They have still managed to grind out wins (very lucky with a couple) but wins all the same
I can still see them finishing top 8 and that won’t change until they start to lose a few games when playing in Geelong

The proof will be tomorrow night v west coast
If they lose to them the lid will be off for a inside top 10 pick for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back