Not open for further replies.

Funky Chicken

Colourful Racing Identity
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Don't be stupid
Sydney lawyers actually used blood sugar being out of whack as a defence for Paddy McCartin. I have heard it all now. And only 5 weeks? GTFO

And Fritch gets off coz the North guy was going in too low. So the tackler goes in low to avoid any accidental head clash and the bloke with the pill can elbow him in the head and AFL says no worries.

At this rate, kicking a player in the head will give you 3 bonus Brownlow votes.

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

In Admin, Steve and Dan have given a him bucket of frogs from which Hayden has to deliver consistent rule interpretations. On the field, prince clowns O'G and Da Boy are in Da house every week, dolling out calls that swing from the bewildering to WTF.

Short odds the Help Line HR advice would be "Run Hayden, run".

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Sydney lawyers actually used blood sugar being out of whack as a defence for Paddy McCartin. I have heard it all now. And only 5 weeks? GTFO
Having diabetes myself.While it's no excuse for doing what he did.I can understand that his blood sugar level may have played a part in his actions.

Having diabetes myself.While it's no excuse for doing what he did.I can understand that his blood sugar level may have played a part in his actions.

He ******* punched a guy in the head off the ball. If this is such an issue for him, then he needs to retire.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
He ******* punched a guy in the head off the ball. If this is such an issue for him, then he needs to retire.
He's s**t at football. He was worse than Jack Watts or Tom Boyd levels of shitness before all the concussions and random acts of violence.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Well yes thats a bridge that the AFL may have too cross now that he's opened those can of worms.
Not just on field either.
I mean I might wanna knockout some campaigner at a pub and say my blood sugar level was high.
Interesting times ahead.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Well yes thats a bridge that the AFL may have too cross now that he's opened those can of worms.
Not just on field either.
I mean I might wanna knockout some campaigner at a pub and say my blood sugar level was high.
Interesting times ahead.
Had a bag of Twisties once and went on a killing spree.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Bailey Fritsch one match ban overturned, so you can hit people in the head and get away with it so it appears.
I agree with the AFL's decision to overturn it. If some campaigner runs at you with his head and you put up a forearm to prevent him headbutting you in the ribs, it's not on you if his face collects your forearm. I even said so when I saw it originally:
and that's why you shouldn't dive head-first... Powell tried to take out Fritsch with his head and ran straight into his forearm.
No case for Fritsch?
knowing the focus on concussions he'll get a week for putting up a forearm to defend himself... but I personally don't think he should get any repercussions.

Leigh Matthews

“I’d forget about thinking of Jordan De Goey as Dustin Martin. He is not his bootlaces,” Leigh Matthews told 3AW’s Sportsday."

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Leigh Matthews

“I’d forget about thinking of Jordan De Goey as Dustin Martin. He is not his bootlaces,” Leigh Matthews told 3AW’s Sportsday."
Leigh realises Dusty and him get compared and De Goey being compared to Martin is an insult to Leigh as well.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
I agree with the AFL's decision to overturn it. If some campaigner runs at you with his head and you put up a forearm to prevent him headbutting you in the ribs, it's not on you if his face collects your forearm. I even said so when I saw it originally:
All I want is consistency, we've had 3 guys from memory rubbed out for similar actions off the ball. Ablett had 3 or 4 before he finally got rubbed out and from memory none of ours resulted in concussions.

I agree with this being ruled an accident if it wasn't a raised elbow. The AFL have come out recently saying they are serious about concussions, from that point, if they're serious they need to penalise these actions to reinforce their position.

Dangerfield set the precedent that it is ok to leave your elbow raised and knock a guy out. If he tucked it in like the AFL have promoted they want, then fair enough, but he had time, just like Fritsch did to tuck his elbow away.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
All I want is consistency, we've had 3 guys from memory rubbed out for similar actions off the ball. Ablett had 3 or 4 before he finally got rubbed out and from memory none of ours resulted in concussions.

I agree with this being ruled an accident if it wasn't a raised elbow. The AFL have come out recently saying they are serious about concussions, from that point, if they're serious they need to penalise these actions to reinforce their position.

Dangerfield set the precedent that it is ok to leave your elbow raised and knock a guy out. If he tucked it in like the AFL have promoted they want, then fair enough, but he had time, just like Fritsch did to tuck his elbow away.
Or he could have fended with his hand like the good players do.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

I hope one of our guys doesn’t do the same because it will be weeks, remember the potential to cause injury that nailed Dusty?

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur

Yeah there's varying degrees of stance vs contact that I'd be happy with as long as there is consistency...

I'd be happier if they just whacked the ban on and didn't explain, left it as "down to interpretation" ... At least there's no getting frustrated when they give complete opposite rulings based on intent and liability.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Collingwood need to get themselves into this year’s draft or else next year will just be a waste of a year. They aren’t going to get any better, they won’t be starting their rebuild, they’ll just be s**t. If they need to nuke what’s left of their list to do it then so be it. At least teams like Norf this year, Adelaide last year, us back in 2010 were worth getting behind because the future was being built in front of you.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
And Fritch gets off coz the North guy was going in too low. So the tackler goes in low to avoid any accidental head clash and the bloke with the pill can elbow him in the head and AFL says no worries.
Just so long as he plays for the godeees.

BillHickman

Stuntman
Feb 18, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Collingwood need to get themselves into this year’s draft or else next year will just be a waste of a year. They aren’t going to get any better, they won’t be starting their rebuild, they’ll just be sh*t. If they need to nuke what’s left of their list to do it then so be it. At least teams like Norf this year, Adelaide last year, us back in 2010 were worth getting behind because the future was being built in front of you.
If you watch Pies v Norf this week on a black and white TV you won't be able to tell which team are the spooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back