Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
I'm thinking about Soldo getting suspended because a short guy ran into him compared to this Toby Greene incident

1628753298723.jpeg

Some article on SEN with leigh mathews saying leon Cameron should be lauded mire for winning against the Cats...
Cats wouldn’t drop outve top four and them losing makes it harder for us to get in, they chucked it in.

Geez I would love to get in just to beat em.
DGAF where we end up just beating them would be sweet

Sep 2, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Richmond
About the Toby Greene suspension - aren’t players supposed to get more weeks if they appeal and it doesn’t work? Or it goes back to the original decision, which would be two weeks in Greene’s case? Isn’t that what happened to Houli in 2017? Did they change the rules on that as well?

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Richmond hater Chris Scott said he had hoped Toby would be cleared.
Would love to see the Cats choke in finals again.
All I want to see for this finals series.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
About the Toby Greene suspension - aren’t players supposed to get more weeks if they appeal and it doesn’t work? Or it goes back to the original decision, which would be two weeks in Greene’s case? Isn’t that what happened to Houli in 2017? Did they change the rules on that as well?
They abolished this a year or 2 after Houlis suspension.

They still get a discount for accepting a fine, but no discount for accepting a suspension early or carryover points etc.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
They abolished this a year or 2 after Houlis suspension.

They still get a discount for accepting a fine, but no discount for accepting a suspension early or carryover points etc.
In Houli's case the AFL said the punishment was manifestly inadequate and essentially overruled the tribunal, who had originally reduced the suspension from 4 weeks to 2. AFL just went, "nah * you", and bumped it back up again to 4. I don't recall another case where they have stepped in like this. It also showed that the tribunal shouldn't even exist if they can be overruled.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Hawthorn are in so much better form than we are purely because of their skills. Maybe we wouldn’t have made finals even if we defeated GWS with Hawthorn’s form and the fact that it is Clarko’s final game. Anyways, the silver lining is that we likely will get a top-10 pick if Hawthorn beat us next week so it’s not that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back