No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a young tacker we used to rep train at Reid oval. Allan used to live across the road and would often come over and watch and have a chat with us. When James was home he’d often come over and have a kick or a run around with us. As 12-13 year olds and he had not long been drafted it was a bit of a thrill. They ended up naming the Under 16 league medal after James. Was always willing with his time and advice. I ran into him much later through a mutual friend who was also playing at the bombers and once again was generous with his time and willing to to have a chat. Unlike Lloyd you got around like his sh*t didn’t stink.
Yes. No doubt it is a case of an extremely top bloke completely losing the plot in his drive for success. I'm not sure if he has accepted his guilt in the saga, but think it would be a safe bet that his future involvement in footy in any level will not be a risk to the players. He won't even be suggesting Panadol as advice.

Please forgive my pedantry, but there's an important difference between being found "innocent" and being found "not guilty".
Juries aren't given the choice between "guilty" and "innocent".
They are asked to choose between "guilty" and "not guilty".
Pell wasn't "found" innocent; on appeal he was "held" to be not guilty (because of an insufficency of overwhelming evidence).
Therefore, he reverted to the normal legal status - innocent until "proven" guilty.
In other words, the High Court didn't find Pell innocent, it found that the charges against had not been proven.
To be fair to Pell, reversing the onus and asking him to "prove' his innocence (beyond a reasonable doubt) is not just.
It is simply too difficult in many cases to gather all the necessary evidence (especially after a lot of time has passed).
The law that we have means plenty of guilty people walk free because the prosecution can't "prove" guilt.
But better that "100 guilty men go free, than one innocent man goes to jail" said some old Pommie fart a long time ago.

thanks for sharing . Good clear thinking there .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have never met Hird but Being from Canberra I have quite a few people that knew the family
What you hear about Hirds mother is a truly lovely person , people also liked his father and I had some dealings with him
I also know a lot of guys that spoke glowing of James
So I followed the whole drugs saga with extra interest and won’t say for one second day Hird is innocent
I do strongly believe a couple of people fell on their sword to protect Hird and that the AFL might have made some promises that they have reneged on when things got too hot and there is a lot we haven’t heard about how the whole thing came to be and was run
Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever know
Should be stripped of all the pre season flags they won under Hird.

Someone forget to tell the maggots in last Friday night’s Tigerettes v Shemons fiasco.
You must have missed the fine print. Right at bottom in size 1 font it says "Does not apply to tackles applied by Richmond".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That hurts Oliver as well as selwood
Win for us for sure

He's still dangerous though as he has had immunity his whole career on throwing.

Now that this whole demons '64 thing is over the line and the well at heel supports are satisfied, Gill can focus on gearing up his team St Kilda, rules and player wise, to tilt at Grannie win in the next couple of years. Gonna need a few more rules interpretations but.

Now that this whole demons '64 thing is over the line and the well at heel supports are satisfied, Gill can focus on gearing up his team St Kilda, rules and player wise, to tilt at Grannie win in the next couple of years. Gonna need a few more rules interpretations but.

Only rule that will help them is if they get a 10 goal headstart every week.. And even then I still wont be convinced.

Reckon the rule adjustment plays massively in our favour, and the favour of sides who similarly kick forward 50 entries which end up as ground ball contests.

Slow, precise kicking teams will be caught out by the oppositions contested ground ball, leg speed and open free flowing game style. Geelong are in big trouble.

Reckon the rule adjustment plays massively in our favour, and the favour of sides who similarly kick forward 50 entries which end up as ground ball contests.

Slow, precise kicking teams will be caught out by the oppositions contested ground ball, leg speed and open free flowing game style. Geelong are in big trouble.

God, I hope so.

I sick of seeing the game being adapted to Dad's army and a slow stagnant uncontested game. Now the main culprit is in charge of Geelong it will be great to see him slowly sink them, incompetent idiot.

Good to have that rant

Only rule that will help them is if they get a 10 goal headstart every week.. And even then I still wont be convinced.

harsh , but true !!

ive never met a st kilda supporter i didnt like.
Even when they were a good team a few years ago they were really just normal. If any supporter group deserves some happiness its them .

other than that they can fk off …!!!

harsh , but true !!

ive never met a st kilda supporter i didnt like.
Even when they were a good team a few years ago they were really just normal. If any supporter group deserves some happiness its them .

other than that they can fk off …!!!

They deserve nothing.

Degropey sounds like he is getting off the charges lightly assault to harassment what type of ******* charge is that 😂
It's like the DA is just being lazy, agree to a lesser charge just to get it over and done with.

Will be interesting to see if the footage ever gets released to the media.

Good to see former Adelaide power(ranger) forward Josh Jenkins get a part time coaching gig at the Cats.
Will be helping out the KPFs.
Expect to see Hawkins finish his career as
"The Joe the Goose King".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back