No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not wrong.
They wont publicly admit it but i've heard it personally off the record.
Men’s VFL started in 1897. What did their scores look like in 1902?

That’s comparably where the AFLW is at. It’s still very much in it’s infancy and I reckon they’re going alright.

I admit I’m not really a massive AFLW fan myself, but I also don’t ever really wander down to the local footy ground on a Saturday arvo to watch a suburban/country men’s footy match either, probably for a similar reason.

Men’s VFL started in 1897. What did their scores look like in 1902?

That’s comparably where the AFLW is at. It’s still very much in it’s infancy and I reckon they’re going alright.

I admit I’m not really a massive AFLW fan myself, but I also don’t ever really wander down to the local footy ground on a Saturday arvo to watch a suburban/country men’s footy match either, probably for a similar reason.
Good point.
So around the 2050's it might be watchable. I can watch women's tennis (as long they are not squeeling) and surfing because in the last 10 years their skill level has reached a point where you sit there and can say it's reaching the men's level. Different style s perhaps, but high level. The problem I guess with AFLW, and difference, is number of players required at this top level. Admittedly I haven't watched any for over 12 months, let me know when it's got some sort of resemblance to AFL.

Can you image James Hirds Leadership advice???? 'You ever screwup in life boys, just deny, deny, deny. When that doesn't work, throw everyone under the bus' Real team building stuff.
Meet me behind the sheds after training I know a bloke who can hook us up with some peptides

Good point.
So around the 2050's it might be watchable. I can watch women's tennis (as long they are not squeeling) and surfing because in the last 10 years their skill level has reached a point where you sit there and can say it's reaching the men's level. Different style s perhaps, but high level. The problem I guess with AFLW, and difference, is number of players required at this top level. Admittedly I haven't watched any for over 12 months, let me know when it's got some sort of resemblance to AFL.

Personally I've always preferred watching women's tennis

Hird taken a role at GWS. Should never have been allowed back.
Meh, we let Steve Smith back as skipper and he was caught cheating twice.

I’m certainly no fan of Hird’s, and will be hanging s**t on him forever especially to my Bomber mates, but I reckon it’s probably time to let him resume his profession if some club is brave enough to take a punt on him. It’s not like he’s George Pell or anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point.
I reckon they need smaller grounds

I reckon they need smaller grounds
Not sure that's going to help improve the look of the game. Anyway, for me, it's no different to women's basketball, softball, netball or cricket. Nothing against the sports. Just zero interest. Annoys me though the integration of AFLW on afl.com. At least the articles are clearly labelled and I have only a couple of times clicked links and found myself in a strange world.

Just realised this is the opposition thread. I certainly don't see AFLW as opposition.

Back on topic ..

Those friggin Tanking GODEES won't get such a dream run this season.

I’m certainly no fan of Hird’s, and will be hanging s**t on him forever especially to my Bomber mates, but I reckon it’s probably time to let him resume his profession if some club is brave enough to take a punt on him. It’s not like he’s George Pell or anything.
Stepped down? Didn’t he get sacked?

I can see Cameron getting knifed

Just a comment on something that annoys me right now.

We're too old and will fall of the cliff.

Geelong are right in it and will go round again.

OK so they play a keepings off style that works for the old guys - they don't have to run much.

But, why are our players of the same age so much worse?

Get them right and treat them well and I see no reason that the old warhorses won't turn up trumps this year.

Geelong is probably going to do well again. But their core is losing their edge and they are slowly becoming a top 8, but not a threat type team.

Steve Smith took responsibility and accepted his punishment. His and Warners actions damaged their own careers along with one junior team member who was in control of his own actions.

Different story with the doping scandal. I don’t think anyone should be punished indefinitely, and it was inevitable that Hird would return at some stage. I would just have liked to hear him take some ownership, and particularly acknowledging the damage to the football careers of a number of young men who never played again, regardless of whether he was a ring leader in the doping program (which I think likely based on CAS docs) or if it just happened on his watch.

I won’t be booing him, but I certainly would not want him at Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back