Pomsta

All Australian
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers
Dude, Churchills crowning glory is "the big cigar" and the bini shell at the uni. At least Traralgon has a maccas and Ryans. What more do you need in life.
Watched some top bands at the Binishell before they pulled it down. Also remember watching The Wiggles when they were just Cockroaches in the Astrodome. Couldn't leave as my feet were stuck to the floor.

Watched some top bands at the Binishell before they pulled it down. Also remember watching The Wiggles when they were just Cockroaches in the Astrodome. Couldn't leave as my feet were stuck to the floor.
True story, Chocolate Starfish played a gig there. The singer was regaling the crowd with a story about rooting a chick in the snow, someone hit him in the head with a full can of VB and he went ballistic. Absolutely hilarious.
monash in the early 90’s was mint. We had the animal man comp, Churchill pub Monday night, Tuesday night off, Weds - student union night. Saw some great bands there on those nights. Thursday night - the jam club in Morwell, Friday night $1 pots at dirty Ryans and Saturday night - the Royal Exchange/Ryans/Dome.
How the hell I actually completed my degree is still a mystery to me.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
True story, Chocolate Starfish played a gig there. The singer was regaling the crowd with a story about rooting a chick in the snow, someone hit him in the head with a full can of VB and he went ballistic. Absolutely hilarious.
monash in the early 90’s was mint. We had the animal man comp, Churchill pub Monday night, Tuesday night off, Weds - student union night. Saw some great bands there on those nights. Thursday night - the jam club in Morwell, Friday night $1 pots at dirty Ryans and Saturday night - the Royal Exchange/Ryans/Dome.
How the hell we haven’t had liver transplants is more to the point, Swinburne was very similar

That was me.

The ANU bar was a proper venue for bands, saw the Dead Kennedys play there and Jello Biafra went ballistic..

Any international band in Canberra played there (Stranglers, Siouxsie and the Banshees, PIL, OMD, Simple Minds etc).
All great bands.

How the hell we haven’t had liver transplants is more to the point, Swinburne was very similar
Made walking on those cobbled brick pathways a triumph of balance and perseverance!!!!

Because things are going so well for Essendon they have extended their CEO Xavier Campbell for another 2 years

1652838782884.jpeg

What a massive back handed slap to all bomber fans and members

But for the rest of the AFL world, let the s**t show continue
21A5E0EE-421A-403E-896C-580C3989FCB4.gif

Last edited:

Pomsta

All Australian
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers
Brings back great memories. Explains why it took me 11 years to finish a 3 year science degree. The good thing was I started at Gippy GIAE and graduated with a Monash degree after they took over.

Interesting fact is that the animal comp was banned in the first year when Monash took over. Supposedly did not meet the standards of Monash so they replaced it with a wine and cheese night. 10 people turned up of which 9 were lecturers. I think Monash realised they made a mistake, in taking on the Guzzlers, very quickly.

STRUGGLETOWN EST1885

The reward is in the grind
Jun 28, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Many years ago the wife and I saw Country artist Adam Brand play a gig there. The locals were going off !! 😃

Brings back great memories. Explains why it took me 11 years to finish a 3 year science degree. The good thing was I started at Gippy GIAE and graduated with a Monash degree after they took over.

Interesting fact is that the animal comp was banned in the first year when Monash took over. Supposedly did not meet the standards of Monash so they replaced it with a wine and cheese night. 10 people turned up of which 9 were lecturers. I think Monash realised they made a mistake, in taking on the Guzzlers, very quickly.
In orientation week i rocked up and already had friends there. I hear "hey Jaffy" (Just another ******* first year) and there some mates doing sign ups for "The Mens Club" which ran bingo night, the animal man comp etc. It cost me $5 to join. Best $5 i ever spent. Toga night was the coldest night of the year every time.
And the hotdogs in the student union were mint. Breakfast of champions. Probably explains why i can't eat them now.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
The ANU bar was a proper venue for bands, saw the Dead Kennedys play there and Jello Biafra went ballistic..

Any international band in Canberra played there (Stranglers, Siouxsie and the Banshees, PIL, OMD, Simple Minds etc).
Flava Flav rooted a girl in the toilets there too.

What a shame they knocked it down for the soulless pile of s**t they have there now.

View attachment 1402983

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back