No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know how but the A-League made Gil and Co look competent.

They’ve effectively killed soccer in this country. I’ve been a victory member since day dot, even if I never attend, and I’m done.
Soccer pundits complaining about wanting more junior funding from the government and conveniently ignoring the fact that parents already pay a heap for their kids to play soccer which the league and clubs just hoovers up and wastes

When it comes to juniors the AFL totally dominates in terms of organisation and value

Soccer pundits complaining about wanting more junior funding from the government and conveniently ignoring the fact that parents already pay a heap for their kids to play soccer which the league and clubs just hoovers up and wastes

When it comes to juniors the AFL totally dominates in terms of organisation and value
Why is it junior/amateur level soccer costs so much to participate? I've never understood that? It seems to me to be the type of sport that could run on the smell of an oily rag, like it does in developing nations.

And NSW is tipping in more cash on top of the next to free use of the stadium assets since these bums can’t get more than 500 to anything but Sydney fc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it junior/amateur level soccer costs so much to participate? I've never understood that? It seems to me to be the type of sport that could run on the smell of an oily rag, like it does in developing nations.
Because the clubs use the junior fees to pay their senior players and because the league in general provides close enough to zero support in terms of money for the juniors. Also soccer is being run in a hilariously incompetent way

The AFL does it miles, miles better

They’ve effectively killed soccer in this country. I’ve been a victory member since day dot, even if I never attend, and I’m done.
Handed in my City Membership - albeit only a country one. Not sure the CFG would miss me but I'm just so finished with the A League.

But but but....

the world cup excitement means Soccer is going to take over this country from all other sports....

lol
They’re obviously banking on it going to nuts if they think City v Adelaide grand final in Sydney is going to sell out 🤣🤣

Always found it hard getting behind the A-League aside from punting on it. Suffers from the same problem as the NBL to an extent which is almost netball standard compared to an NBA game. There's that many hardcore soccer fans here that get up at 3am to watch the EPL but couldn't give a stuff about the A League. If the they haven't won over those types yet almost 20 years in they never will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back