No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was ever a more prime example of how ineffective the new rules are at increasing scoring that was it. First half mostly dry lower scoring than the 3rd quarter pissing down. Why? Because the ball stops ping ponging from one half back line to the other when the ability to intercept mark decreases.

The stand rule has increased the difficulty of defending kicks across the middle of the ground (wings included) while the extended zone for kick-ins reduces turnovers in the defensive 50. As a result, teams flood back and play ping pong.
Game's never been better! ;):cool::rolleyes:

Poort are fool’s gold… will win big games in front of their rabid crowd with goals gifted by the umps to make top 4, and then get pantsed at the mcg come September, or straight sets exit
we have then next week at the G

reckon they'll beat us

Poort are fool’s gold… will win big games in front of their rabid crowd with goals gifted by the umps to make top 4, and then get pantsed at the mcg come September, or straight sets exit

You get the feeling they're a five goal better side on their home ground during the year. And they absolutely demolish weaker sides but fold when it comes to the finals.

Funny old year when you look at the forward lines of contenders , pretty bloody ordinary , fk I wish we had a fit lynch
PA lead by Finlayson and a 3 gamer
saints a 5 gamer and membrey
lions big joe and hipwood like wow
coll myochech and Elliott
melb McDonald , fritz

dont think key forwards have ever looked so ordinary amongst top sides , Cats the obvious exception with Cameron and Hawkins ,,, could be telling come the pointy end , very telling

They only won last night coz maggots got involved

The umpires seemed to be favoring the Dees early on but in the second half went the other way and were giving everything to Port. Lycett should have been given a 50m for dissent, that seems to have gone out the window now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny old year when you look at the forward lines of contenders , pretty bloody ordinary , fk I wish we had a fit lynch
melb McDonald , fritz

dont think key forwards have ever looked so ordinary amongst top sides , Cats the obvious exception with Cameron and Hawkins ,,, could be telling come the pointy end , very telling
This is why I’m not sold on a few of them. Port Saints in particular. I’d hate to be relying on Shitwood and Daniher in a big final against a quality defence. That’s why I think Gunston is a massive get for the Lions.
Make no mistake if we can get lunch back and firing. We can cause some damage.

This is why I’m not sold on a few of them. Port Saints in particular. I’d hate to be relying on Shitwood and Daniher in a big final against a quality defence. That’s why I think Gunston is a massive get for the Lions.
Make no mistake if we can get lunch back and firing. We can cause some damage.
In the modern era I reckon there’s only ever been one premier with a bog average front half , WB 2016 which was a bit of a shot out of the blue , generally there’s a couple of ace forwards , one at the very least . Coll are doing exceptionally well considering I reckon it’s melb archilles

In the modern era I reckon there’s only ever been one premier with a bog average front half , WB 2016 which was a bit of a shot out of the blue , generally there’s a couple of ace forwards , one at the very least . Coll are doing exceptionally well considering I reckon it’s melb archilles
Yeah fair point. Put Lunch in that Dee's side and they'd be pretty unstoppable.

Yes true , but I’m referring more to blatant frees that were totally not there resulting in direct goals , Port had at least 5 and Shemons 1 or 2 .
I went into the game purely impartial - probably wanted Port to get bashed up a bit as we play them next week. But the number of inocrrect disposals the Demons got away with last night was outrageous. There was often two or three in quick succession, and virtually none of them were paid.

Serious question - are the rules written differently in the laws of the game for when it's raining?

Is there any difference between Kane Cornes and Port Adelaide?

He needs to be treated like the irrelevance he is .

First bit says it all...
Screenshot_20230520_112629_Firefox.jpg

melb McDonald , fritz

Weakness at the top in the comp at the moment is at an all time high. Yet no mention of it like there was when we were cleaning every one up.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If there was ever a more prime example of how ineffective the new rules are at increasing scoring that was it. First half mostly dry lower scoring than the 3rd quarter pissing down. Why? Because the ball stops ping ponging from one half back line to the other when the ability to intercept mark decreases.

The stand rule has increased the difficulty of defending kicks across the middle of the ground (wings included) while the extended zone for kick-ins reduces turnovers in the defensive 50. As a result, teams flood back and play ping pong.
Totally agree. I would guess that a third of the games this year have had around 7 goals total in the first half. Imagine channel 7 paying billions in broadcast rites and then only getting to sell seven 30 second adds in a half of footy.
The stand rule was always going to result in the defences dropping back deeper and denser inside the back 50. If instead of the stand rule they had simply dragged the man on the mark back 5 m it would achieved everything they wanted and would make shots from the 50 metre arc relatively easy which would draw the defences forward

I went into the game purely impartial - probably wanted Port to get bashed up a bit as we play them next week. But the number of inocrrect disposals the Demons got away with last night was outrageous. There was often two or three in quick succession, and virtually none of them were paid.

Serious question - are the rules written differently in the laws of the game for when it's raining?
Who knows mate , I mean when it’s finals there’s that saying which I hate “ they put the whistles away “ or when a game is close and as example ball trapped in a teams forward line you can pick out like 10 frees but because it’s close maggots won’t pay a free 😂
For a sii ok called professional sporting league it’s very amateurish in a lot of areas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back