Universal Love Opposition player you'd love to poach each round.

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Ok so this has probably been done before however i thought it'd be an interesting thread for fans to nominate each round one player from the opposite team you'd love to poach and have in swans team.
Round 3 vs GWS:
I'm going to nominate big Mummy as I've missed his trademark bullocking / aggression around the stoppages. Ruck is still an area swans have struggled in since his departure and Pyke just doesn't have the chest of a thoroughbred like Mummy, nor could he win a sausage eating contest.

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Great idea with backdating post to round 1 so i'll do the same also:
Round 1 - Carlisle (in defence though)
Round 2 - Gray (guy is an absolute gun)
Round 3 - Mumford

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Round 1: Carlisle or Hurley for defence and because Hurley brings an edge in the haircut department that we haven't had since Hannebery's weird shaved head deal against Collingwood at home in (I think) 2011.

Round 2: Wingard for a forward role

Round 3: Mummy. Easy.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Round 1: Carlisle or Hurley for defence and because Hurley brings an edge in the haircut department that we haven't had since Hannebery's weird shaved head deal against Collingwood at home in (I think) 2011.

Round 2: Wingard for a forward role

Round 3: Mummy. Easy.

Agreed with all three. Taking back Mumford would be just lovely.

I'll go with targets who are actually slightly realistic, making the exercise something a bit more than "who is the opposition's most valuable player".

Round 1 - I nominated Martin Gleeson in my preview but * are too smart to leave him in the reserves. Maybe Colyer or one of the Merretts considering Longmire's obsession with foot speed.

Round 2 - Cam O'Shea. A 23yo 197cm defender outside of Port's best 22 who has AFL experience and gets a lot of the ball.

Round 3 - James Stewart. 198cm key forward who will struggle to get a look in with Patton, Cameron, Tomlinson and McCarthy around.

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I'll go with targets who are actually slightly realistic, making the exercise something a bit more than "who is the opposition's most valuable player".

Round 1 - I nominated Martin Gleeson in my preview but * are too smart to leave him in the reserves. Maybe Colyer or one of the Merretts considering Longmire's obsession with foot speed.

Round 2 - Cam O'Shea. A 23yo 197cm defender outside of Port's best 22 who has AFL experience and gets a lot of the ball.

Round 3 - James Stewart. 198cm key forward who will struggle to get a look in with Patton, Cameron, Tomlinson and McCarthy around.

Like the tweak on the idea and I'd agree with you on your Round 3 nomination of James Stuart or alternatively Will Hoskin-Elliott

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'll catch up a bit:

1. Zach Merrett
2. Chad Wingard....GWS really butchered that decision.
3. Even though he isn't playing, Adam Tomlinson

Came out a year or two ago that during the pre-draft interviews Wingard told GWS straight up if they drafted him he'd leave at the end of his contract. So GWS took Hoskin-Elliot instead.

Came out a year or two ago that during the pre-draft interviews Wingard told GWS straight up if they drafted him he'd leave at the end of his contract. So GWS took Hoskin-Elliot instead.

Might not have been a terrible call in the long-run. Wingard's definitely better right now, but WHS could be something else. Kid looks like a gun footballer.

You take both. That was an awful call. You back your system to make the players feel welcome

Back