Opposition Players Who Make You Anxious

Remove this Banner Ad

Herzog

Team Captain
Nov 19, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
As a Pies supporter I'd have to say McDonald- Tipungwuoti makes me the most anxious when he's near the ball. He has an uncanny ability to kick goals from anywhere against us.

Last edited:
In general or on field? If the former, probably Jordan De Goey

Charlie Cameron. We rarely seem to have an answer for him.

Stevic of course v Footscray. It used to be McLaren v the WC

Oh.. you mean official players? In recent years the Toblerone Green has been unstoppable v my mob.

Robbie Gray he’s a star

Off the top of my head Dusty, he has that habit of popping up in or around the play and snagging a goal, often a clutch one.

When even the coach says on the day that he was the difference, you know he's a danger player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene.

Charlie Cameron and Liam Ryan.

Josh Bruce turns into a Carey/ Buddy hybrid everytime he plays North.

Liam Jones, if he coughs or sneezes

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The archetype for me is a player a few seasons in who tends to do something deadly within 75m of the goals, like young Dusty and Wingard. In the last minutes of a thriller those are the types I least like to see near the ball because they can capitalise on opportunities, make something happen and cut you to pieces. Most everyone else is enjoying an earnest hero moment or bashing your squad's weaknesses but young predators who revel in being damaging are perturbing, even in neutral games. High draft picks and random rookies are less likeable in this regard, as you feel like the club had some advantage in getting them, whereas a second/third rounder that all the clubs have passed over is seen more benevolently as an honest tryer who came good.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back