No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

In light of the Houli decision from last night and subsequent appeal from the AFL, I thought it might be interesting to see what other posters are saying.

Obviously no direct quoting or tagging posters from other boards.

Time for Bachar to play the im a victim of racism card, Media and the sporting world are picking on him because he is a Muslim.

Do whatever it takes mate , We are going to struggle without Bachar and this suspension is going to hurt our structure alot.. We need to do whatever it takes to keep it at 2 weeks.... I still find it amazing that people are so outraged by this, He swung his arm back to get Lamb off him.. He didnt turn around and punch him in the face..

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Would be interesting to have a look back and see how many of the posters who support that notion had a crack at Adam Goodes for playing the "Indigenous card"

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
-Lamb initiated contact in an off the ball situation which was illegal and from behind.
- Houli has every right to feel safe in his position, watching the ball away from play, when he is suddenly heavily scragged from behind.
- Houli reacts naturally to the unexpected attack, he tries to escape from it, unfortunately catching lamb sweet.

I think this could go close to getting Houli off. The crucial point hammered home by the MRP in recent times is that when you are off the ball you have a right to a safe workplace, Houli was denied that by Lamb's illegal scrag from behind and reacted instinctively, albeit recklessly. Duty of care shared.

One of the stranger posts I've seen on the Houli incident.

One of my favourites this year.

"we (Collingwood) will be the best team to ever miss finals"

Still makes me giggle.

Or even the essendon Fans that thought, and were surprised when they found out they weren't, going to be top 4 contenders

All the rfc needs to do is point a gun at the head of the afl by saying "if the afl increase the penalty we can't help but feel racism is entrenched at the top level of our game."

Either warn them in private beforehand or pre-empt the campaigners and quote it to the media.

The afl would s**t a brick.

From the Tigers board.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
There is one particularly funny Richmond poster. Here are a few of his:

Re Houli:
"afl just using this to try derail our season

reckon deboy is behind it. he's the real ceo like some illuminati lizard people s**t he actually runs the show. would explain a heap"

"prestia already better than whatever spud we woulda developed from pick 6"

"bleus fans blaming the umps on their board. half their total goals came from bs frees :drunk:"

"bolton is a s**t coach playing the same shitty football we did in 2016, will get sacked when the blues finish bottom 4 another 2 years in a row. bloke just gets hyped up because of the playing the kids excuse when most of them are duds and have already peaked"

"nah kreuzer's s**t, we should just put grigga in the ruck and nank CHF"

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
There is one particularly funny Richmond poster. Here are a few of his:

Re Houli:
"afl just using this to try derail our season

reckon deboy is behind it. he's the real ceo like some illuminati lizard people s**t he actually runs the show. would explain a heap"

"prestia already better than whatever spud we woulda developed from pick 6"

"bleus fans blaming the umps on their board. half their total goals came from bs frees :drunk:"

"bolton is a s**t coach playing the same shitty football we did in 2016, will get sacked when the blues finish bottom 4 another 2 years in a row. bloke just gets hyped up because of the playing the kids excuse when most of them are duds and have already peaked"

"nah kreuzer's s**t, we should just put grigga in the ruck and nank CHF"

Clearly has no idea, but at least I got a laugh out of it

All the rfc needs to do is point a gun at the head of the afl by saying "if the afl increase the penalty we can't help but feel racism is entrenched at the top level of our game."

Either warn them in private beforehand or pre-empt the campaigners and quote it to the media.

The afl would s**t a brick.

From the Tigers board.
like a 12 year old working some gaming strategy

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Cant get anymore dumber than this.....

"The AFL are going to come out of this looking like racists"

Confused how this became a race issue. Religion was raised by Houli and his defence team, are people getting religion and race mixed up?

Racism was explicitly talked about in Houli's character reference and I believe a couple of other instances.
Oh dear, pretty sure his race didn't make him hit Lamb, shouldn't excuse him either.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
"It would be good to send a message to the corrupt AFL that for our next away game in Melbourne.tiger supporterss DID NOT SHOW UP TO THE GAME IN PROTEST

Hit them where it hurts the campaigners"

Yes. Do it.
So, what you're saying is there will be less of them around? On gameday?

I'm so upset, I may just have to open up a bottle of champagne,

Back