No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

I would trade our 2 second rounders and Macready for pick 2
I wouldn't, but that's beside the issue.

Would you trade pick 23, 26, Macreadie and pick 8 in this draft - which probably nets you Rozee - for pick 2, a shot at Lukosius or Rankine? I know I wouldn't. Not to mention that there are lots of players that, in other drafts - like last years, for example - that will get picked in the 20's and the 30's that could've gone inside the first round.

This a draft you trade into, not trade down in. That trade *s us, and slaps us in the face for the sake of giving GC 3 picks inside 30 and a young talented KPD and Adelaide pick 2. No thanks.

Would you trade pick 23, 26, Macreadie and pick 8 in this draft - which probably nets you Rozee - for pick 2, a shot at Lukosius or Rankine? I know I wouldn't. Not to mention that there are lots of players that, in other drafts - like last years, for example - that will get picked in the 20's and the 30's that could've gone inside the first round.

This a draft you trade into, not trade down in. That trade ****s us, and slaps us in the face for the sake of giving GC 3 picks inside 30 and a young talented KPD and Adelaide pick 2. No thanks.
My mistake, I may have missed the pick 8 part and was out there like a fat kid after a icecream van

What the...

Doesn't take much tweaking to make it work though.

Casboult instead of Macreadie. Adelaide give up our second rounder. Gold Coast give up one of their later second rounders. Readjust the allocation a bit.

Carlton give: Picks 24, 25 and Casboult
Carlton receive: Pick 19 and McGovern

Adelaide give: Picks 8, 19 and McGovern
Adelaide receive: Picks 2 and 30

Gold Coast give: Pick 2, Pick 30
Gold Coast receive: Picks 8, 24, 26 and Casboult

I'd consider it.

McGovern wants out desperately, Adelaide hold little currency unless they want his reasons why to be made public.

Pick 25 is enough

Doesn't take much tweaking to make it work though.

Casboult instead of Macreadie. Adelaide give up our second rounder. Gold Coast give up one of their later second rounders. Readjust the allocation a bit.

Carlton give: Picks 24, 25 and Casboult
Carlton receive: Pick 19 and McGovern

Adelaide give: Picks 8, 19 and McGovern
Adelaide receive: Picks 2 and 30

Gold Coast give: Pick 2, Pick 30
Gold Coast receive: Picks 8, 24, 26 and Casboult

I'd consider it.
Looks much better, although I maintain that I really want to keep a decent presence in the second round. There are plenty of types that could go on to become McGlynn, or McVeigh, or Luke Ball, or Lenny Hayes like players. There is a terrific mixture of talents from halfway through the first round all the way through to pick 40, and if all we do is trade out our seconds for established players, I'll really feel we missed out.

Of course, it depends on who we trade them for...

This a draft you trade into, not trade down in. That trade ****s us, and slaps us in the face for the sake of giving GC 3 picks inside 30 and a young talented KPD and Adelaide pick 2. No thanks.
GC17 already have 2 picks in the first round. They will receive a compo pick after their first pick (pick 2) with gives them 2 top 3 picks and 3 first round picks. If May goes to Collingwood, they will get at least 1 more first round pick... and then you throw in the PP they will get off the AFL.

And people whinge about us getting a PP!

Speaking of Crows playing hardball.
Its interesting that a poster on the Adelaide MM board has opined that MM may have been 'bullshitted" to during the negotiations that led to his 2017 re-signing. The poster goes on to say that "bullshitting" may just have been part of the "song and dance" of the negotiation; implying that its a normal and acceptable thing to do. The same poster speculates that MM might have subsequently realised he had been "played" hence the change of heart.

Would like to see that board explore that line of thought in more depth, and wonder whether they might eventually reach the same conclusion as Michelangelo Rucci did during an interview on 5AA on Sept 19th; who whilst commenting on the circumstances in which that agreement was reached, suggested that it might be in the Crows's best interests to just "let it go."

Last edited:
One of the salty Tigers has worked out what the problem was tonight.

"Poor finals system. Shouldn’t have to wait to play so losing teams get a second chance. Where’s our second chance? Collingwood got one!"

"Agree...we were on a rol...Lambo spilt mark was one nut it was 2 clangers from Grigg that did it
Stuffed a handball when we were out going into attack...then immediately after that tackled Mayne high"

Andy Collins' Revenge!!

"Pies smashed us from the start. Grundy, Sidebottom, De Goey, Cox and Varcoe early killed us. Not sure what hurts more, this loss or the elimination final against 9th placed Carlton. Oh well, on to next year".

6240c8eb7effec6faa6b860a6267bf15.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Pies smashed us from the start. Grundy, Sidebottom, De Goey, Cox and Varcoe early killed us. Not sure what hurts more, this loss or the elimination final against 9th placed Carlton. Oh well, on to next year".

6240c8eb7effec6faa6b860a6267bf15.png
It's gotta be '13, surely. Losing to 9th, that's probably never going to happen again unless they change it to a final 9. And of course that awesome sense of irony.

"Look at that Carlton bloke who kicked 4 on us in our elimination final in 2014. Duigan I think his name was? s**t forward always kill us. Always have."

r1242634_16491444.jpg

"You're welcome!"

Cant make this s**t up:

Seeing a lot of poeple saying we swap Gov and Pick 8,
Big NO. we keep Pick 8 and use it for Rankine along with later picks or picks from next year. if Rankine on the table at pick 4plus.
Gov we use to get Luko. Gov is worth every bit the price we paid for Gibbs. He a Tall Forward they don't grow on trees.
Either it 2 x 1st rd and a couple of swaps, or Nothing. we then use that 2 x 1st to get Luko.
But Pick 8 and next year 1st/2nd stay put for Rankine.

Cant make this s**t up:

Big NO. we keep Pick 8 and use it for Rankine along with later picks or picks from next year. if Rankine on the table at pick 4plus.
Gov we use to get Luko. Gov is worth every bit the price we paid for Gibbs. He a Tall Forward they don't grow on trees.
Either it 2 x 1st rd and a couple of swaps, or Nothing. we then use that 2 x 1st to get Luko.

Classic Crow delusional fan stuff.
Bless their little hearts for laughs they provide ignoring reality.

Big NO. we keep Pick 8 and use it for Rankine along with later picks or picks from next year. if Rankine on the table at pick 4plus.Gov we use to get Luko. Gov is worth every bit the price we paid for Gibbs. He a Tall Forward they don't grow on trees. Either it 2 x 1st rd and a couple of swaps, or Nothing. we then use that 2 x 1st to get Luko.
Would happily go with nothing rather than give up even one first rounder for a third tall yet to play 50 games.

Classic Crow delusional fan stuff.
Bless their little hearts for laughs they provide ignoring reality.

The Crows team and their supporters have completely lost the plot. We are seeing a team unravel right before our eyes. Pure comedy gold ever their in SA.

I look forward to the day the Charlie kicks 10 on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back