No Opposition Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The premiership window for them is not even in sight at present!
It will take them 2 to 3 years to even have a clue as to what state their list is in.
Hilarious.
Wow. Since they’re in the business of predicting their next Premiership being in 2022-2023, I would be pretty disappointed if we don’t win number 17 in ‘22-23, considering the fact that our list is way ahead of theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrownDog20

Team Captain
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I did. These were the posts after someone said Carlton were close to having a Brisbane-like rise after that Round 22.

Poster in question:
“So Can I. Maybe not top side but they're close to breaking through.”

Me:
“Thank you. This was you a couple of months ago.”

Poster in question:
“Sh*t posting?? You still have the worst list with one star who carries the club, and carried you to a win yesterday.
Still not much else to write home about.”

His response to that was

“Things change. I still remember the game I thought Brisbane were turning the corner.
I also remember telling the Lions faithful on here last year after we played them that finals was around the corner.
Sacking Bolton helps too. He was s**t.
Need more mids and still don't get the Weitering hype but some good strides have been made.”

I guess there was a good explanation but pretty far from worst list in the competition lol.
Yeah he changed his tune pretty quick.

How he can’t see that Weitering has all the tools to be a top 3 KPD in this league means he doesn’t know a lot about football.

Then basically saying the only reason we have turned the corner was because of Bolton going. It was the right decision but we could all see the talent was there and it was going to gel sooner or later.

I love the fact that people that aren’t Carlton people do not pay us any respect, it will make the next 10 years so much sweeter.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah he changed his tune pretty quick.

How he can’t see that Weitering has all the tools to be a top 3 KPD in this league means he doesn’t know a lot about football.

Then basically saying the only reason we have turned the corner was because of Bolton going. It was the right decision but we could all see the talent was there and it was going to gel sooner or later.

I love the fact that people that aren’t Carlton people do not pay us any respect, it will make the next 10 years so much sweeter.
Hell yeah, it will. There’s going to be a sustained, long period of success that outsiders will wonder how. It’s simple really, when you’re someone who only pays attention to your own side, it’s easy to have a “WTF?” reaction when Carlton start to perform to the quality we all see from our own list.

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Hell yeah, it will. There’s going to be a sustained, long period of success that outsiders will wonder how. It’s simple really, when you’re someone who only pays attention to your own side, it’s easy to have a “WTF?” reaction when Carlton start to perform to the quality we all see from our own list.
Surely our second half of the season is a clear indication of our rise, where we were competative/beating most mid table and below sides

Lost only to the Dogs and Demons

We just couldn't get close to the top 4 sides, Tigers, Cats, WC, which was understandable

Last edited:

OnceWeWereKings

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Trade two of Brown, Langford, Laverde and Begley.
See what happens with Daniher, and bank whatever picks we can from that trade if it happens. We cant afford, nor do we need to trade in Martin/SPP/Wines types at this point because one guy in one position aint going to help what happened tonight.
Cheap, youngish talent on the outer that meet our needs should be our targets. Including but not limited to:

Essendon Board.

Trade two of.......Jebus, to where? ******* Williamstown.....

FMD, You’d need to ring the council to arrange a hard waste collection to get rid of these blokes.

dangerousdane

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
See what happens with Daniher, and bank whatever picks we can from that trade if it happens. We cant afford, nor do we need to trade in Martin/SPP/Wines types at this point because one guy in one position aint going to help what happened tonight.
Cheap, youngish talent on the outer that meet our needs should be our targets. Including but not limited to:

Essendon Board.

FMD, You’d need to ring the council to arrange a hard waste collection to get rid of these blokes.
Kind of like the peopl here suggesting we trade Kerr

Blue__Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

Essendon Board.

Genius!

Let's just trade our cheap, young-ish talent on the outer for other cheap, youngish talent on the outer - that's how you improve a list!

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton

Essendon Board.

That's a bit harsh on the Mighty Seagulls.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Crows board and the Lukosius/Rankine thread is a good read lol. I just love the belief that one or both of them will leave GC to return home only to the Crows rather than having their pick of any contending Victorian club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm told neither too fussed abut going back to Adelaide...
Yeah, I can see that. Nothing against Adelaide but as elite footballers, there are just so many more possibilities in Victoria.

.....or Port Adelaide.
In a way I was including Port when I wrote “return home only to the Crows”. :)

Brutalitops

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
From the * autopsy thread:

The only time we look dangerous is when we can run it through the middle. When they shut that down we had nothing, turn it over and they killed us on the rebound. Pretty much exactly how it has been all year.

We just need Jack Martin now to take us to the next level.

i hope for the posters own sake theyre joking. Hard to imagine anyone being this blind.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dogs fans not liking the Toby Greene Tribunal verdict

I’m done with this competition. Gloves off Greene, just go out and king hit him next time around, Dogs.
Every club has these brainless, knuckle dragging type of feral 'supporter'

There has always been something deeply sinister and disturbing about an 'eye for an eye' type of revenge in my opinion.

gandaal

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dogs fans not liking the Toby Greene Tribunal verdict

Every club has these brainless, knuckle dragging type of feral 'supporter'

There has always been something deeply sinister and disturbing about an 'eye for an eye' type of revenge in my opinion.
I can understand the frustration. Greens acts are just about as spineless as you can get, and the system has wacked him with a feather duster.

Top Bottom