No Opposition Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
I can understand the frustration. Greens acts are just about as spineless as you can get, and the system has wacked him with a feather duster.
GAblett with multiple elbows etc., plenty of examples of the MRO getting it wrong in the eyes of most supporters.

Can hardly blame fans for expressing frustration when dog acts go unpunished. There might be better ways to express your point though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I can understand the frustration. Greens acts are just about as spineless as you can get, and the system has wacked him with a feather duster.
I was quite surprised that Greene only got a fine. It certainly serves to illustrate how extremely unlucky Setters was to cop a 2 week suspension for a legitimate tackle.

Wickzki

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PDX Blazers, Angels, Patriots, MCFC
Dogs fans not liking the Toby Greene Tribunal verdict

Every club has these brainless, knuckle dragging type of feral 'supporter'

There has always been something deeply sinister and disturbing about an 'eye for an eye' type of revenge in my opinion.
Lachie Hunter did the same exact thing Toby did and got suspended. I'd be angry too if I were the Dogs.

The only feral here is the bloke playing for the AFL's toy club.

Blue Pulse

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Logical Dog? Martin nominating Carlton

Sometimes culture plays a part in decisions. After being in GC with their policy of playing players on talent rather than effort/ability/form, perhaps Martin wanted to take it easier than our high performance program. He can go there on similar money but avoid the scrutiny of poor performance. Just look at Daisy Thomas, left Pies for Carltank, was then able to take it easy for a few years. Bolton came along and demanded more from him and instead he just coasted, knowing he was almost undroppable.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Lachie Hunter did the same exact thing Toby did and got suspended. I'd be angry too if I were the Dogs.

The only feral here is the bloke playing for the AFL's toy club.
We are talking about a king hit behind play here. Surely we don't want to see another John Greening or even worse, David Hookes style tragedy.

Some of them seem to advocating for that kind of 'punishment' to be handed out to Toby Greene, but i am sorry, that is going way, way too far.

An Eye for an Eye makes the World go Blind (or words to that affect)

I get why they are pi**ed at Greene, but I simply cannot advocate any kind of on field violence/retribution against him

CJMB

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We are talking about a king hit behind play here. Surely we don't want to see another John Greening or even worse, David Hookes style tragedy.

Some of them seem to advocating for that kind of 'punishment' to be handed out to Toby Greene, but i am sorry, that is going way, way too far.

An Eye for an Eye makes the World go Blind (or words to that affect)

I get why they are pi**ed at Greene, but I simply cannot advocate any kind of on field violence/retribution against him

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I post and read elsewhere on BF in an AFL thread and these gems came up.

Bulldogs fan:
"Jack Martin has chosen Carlton."

Collingwood fan:
"What a fool"

Fremantle fan:
"$$$"

Carlton fan:
"Dogs offer was higher"

Geelong fan quoting the first post
"Poor fella ;)"

Adelaide fan:
"or maybe he's just going to the club that is offering him the most money and the afl media for some reason wants to make up another story to romance it up."

I have gone to reply a few times but haven't. You really cannot educate ignorance. Sure, the Crows supporter would love to think the AFL media would make up a straight lie to romanticise a story, helps them think the media has been lying about how bad things are at their club.

Last edited:

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I post and read elsewhere on BF in an AFL thread and these gems came up.

Bulldogs fan:
"Jack Martin has chosen Carlton."

Collingwood fan:
"What a fool"

Fremantle fan:
"$$$"

Carlton fan:
"Dogs offer was higher"

Geelong fan quoting the first post
"Poor fella ;)"

Adelaide fan:
"or maybe he's just going to the club that is offering him the most money and the afl media for some reason wants to make up another story to romance it up."

I have gone to reply a few times but haven't. You really cannot educate ignorance. Sure, the Crows supporter would love to think the AFL media would make up a straight lie to romanticise a story, helps them think the media has been lying about how bad things are at their club.
You don't want to take yourself down to their level of idiocy.

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
Jun 4, 2006
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
We're done. I'm only coming in to drunkenly rant about the absolute corruption that is occuring tonight. This fix is ABSOLUTELY in. So many non calls and dubious free kicks in Geelong's favour. We've had more frees but that's through fair straight forward calls. No high on Yeo was the tipping point for me. As soon as that was left I absolutely knew the fix was in. I bet Rioli is innocent too. And I bet Hawkins gets let off.

fu** the VFL and fu** this hateable Geelong team. I wish there was a viable option for the non-Vic teams to form a breakaway league but not in my lifetime. Peace out

Last edited:

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
We're done. I'm only coming in to drunkenly rant about the absolute corruption that is occuring tonight. This fix is ABSOLUTELY in. So many non calls and dubious free kicks in Geelong's favour. We've had more frees but that's through fair straight forward calls. No high on Yeo was the tipping point for me. As soon as that was left I absolutely knew the fix was in. I bet Rioli is innocent too. And I bet Hawkins gets let off.

fu** the VFL and fu** this hateable Geelong team. I wish there was a viable option for the non-Vic teams to form a breakaway league but not in my lifetime. Peace out
Are you in the wrong thread or did someone else write this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laurence

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Drunk thy👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Wickzki

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PDX Blazers, Angels, Patriots, MCFC

That's absolute gold.

Did he write this when it was 20-7 free kicks their way?

thylacine60

Make me an Admin!
Jun 4, 2006
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Insert Token EPL Club
"What a mockery of the sport that the AFL allows four quarters of not only total thuggery and a blatant disregard of the rules by GWS, but some of the most one sided, diabolical umpiring ever seen. Truly disgusting. This is no longer the same sport I grew up with. What have they done. Truly speechless, not so much as a Lions fan (it transcends that) but as a footy lover in general. Honestly, what a sickening display and debauchery of the sport we love."

Top Bottom