No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Some totally nuffies on the Dogs board wanting Bont traded (like for Breust in a straight swap)

If they are having a fire sale, think we might just be able to find a spot for Bont at Carlton, it's amazing how jagging a premiership (through pretty fortunate circumstances I may add) puts the spoilt, entitled rich kid syndrome into some supporters.

He'd do well with us. Away from the limelight at Footscray he'd flourish being the second best player on a list. All that pressure is whats probably caused a slight drop in form. being at Carlton would bring him even closer to Cripps' shadow.

He'd do well with us. Away from the limelight at Footscray he'd flourish being the fifth best player on a list. All that pressure is whats probably caused a slight drop in form. being at Carlton would bring him even closer to Cripps' shadow.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Some totally nuffies on the Dogs board wanting Bont traded (like for Breust in a straight swap)

If they are having a fire sale, think we might just be able to find a spot for Bont at Carlton, it's amazing how jagging a premiership (through pretty fortunate circumstances I may add) puts the spoilt, entitled rich kid syndrome into some supporters.

Must be some Footscray nuffies wanting to go back to the glory days of their sad and sorry history when they cleared, Dempsey, Bisset, Quinlan, Round, Templeton, Thorpe, et al, there’s probably a dozen others I’ve missed.

:p

Must be some Footscray nuffies wanting to go back to the glory days of their sad and sorry history when they cleared, Dempsey, Bisset, Quinlan, Round, Templeton, Thorpe, et al, there’s probably a dozen others I’ve missed.

Jones

me!

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeh na..
Check out the best and fairest results from each team last year. Lions youth, Carlton were all the oldies..

Lions will be 5 an 2 come round 7 IMO. Just needto work on tempo footy.

Scary thing is Carlton list will get worst next year and will still have sos throwing picks out the door.
Get back to me when you have won 3 games like the lions have 👍

Sos has done so well 😂😂 yeh how does he nail those pick ones so well ..
Shaw.bugg.Kerr.palmer.smedts.fas.lobbe.asos.

Just don't let him trade and you might get to 5 wins next year👍

Ah yes , classic Carlton fan

Team loses= bolten is s**t
Team wins=SOS is amazing 😍

The standard of discourse on the main board..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Seeing as it’s somehow become the thread topic I’ll wade in.

I loved Hogan. Yes, he had s**t body language. Yes, he also didn’t chase particularly hard, not the only player to offend on that front for us. But I admired his work rate and he could at least bring the ball to ground. Vlastuin wouldn’t have taken 709 marks standing in the hole if Hogan was there. I didn’t want him to go. All that said he ******* wanted out. The club also made the judgement that he was dispensable because of his average behaviour and nobody forsaw the T Mac/Weed combo falling into such a gaping chasm. We took the opportunity to cash in for a kpd because Froscar sucked and it avoided an all out bidding war for May’s services. Perhaps we should’ve applied more scrutiny to May? **** knows it’s been a poor start. That said it’s way too ******* early to be judging this s**t definitively now.

The second topic - yeah, I like Sydney Stack and wish we had him but don’t like the fact that a Richmond poster was essentially allowed to injury troll like an absolute campaigner in our own thread when we’re all hurting. **** off.
This seems like a reasonable post from a reasonable poster until you get to that line.

Anyone remember the Melbourne BF board's response to Lewis and Hogan's gutless snipes at Rowe and Cripps?

I don't actually have the power of life and death with words I type on the internet mate.

Half of bigfooty wouldn't be here if that was the case.
Finally some perspective from the Norf board.

opposition posters do say the strangest things - how's this for a fair and honest assessment of the saints though:

"These are the same people who got ahead of themselves and thought we are all of a sudden a top side.. over inflating our players. We’ve been lucky playing sides not on their game. Adelaide is a serious good side and has brought their pressure game. We don’t have a good midfield yet, so we’re going to be cut up by good teams with superior mids."

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
opposition posters do say the strangest things - how's this for a fair and honest assessment of the saints though:

"These are the same people who got ahead of themselves and thought we are all of a sudden a top side.. over inflating our players. We’ve been lucky playing sides not on their game. Adelaide is a serious good side and has brought their pressure game. We don’t have a good midfield yet, so we’re going to be cut up by good teams with superior mids."

Not sure about Adelaide being a serious side (???), but that was a pretty honest assessment. Fair play.

A great example of starting off well, staggering, then falling and breaking your neck.........from the Hawks board:

"Demons deserved to win, they were just harder at the ball we could just not get our hands on the ball. What really pissed me off was the center clearance time and time again we were second to the ball while Melbourne got first use and put our backs under the pressure.
We really looked soft at times ...we just have to harden up. And the commentary was so biased they basically willed on the Demons to win but what's new."

Who knew? The Dees players had the commentary streaming into invisible headsets?

A great example of starting off well, staggering, then falling and breaking your neck.........from the Hawks board:

"Demons deserved to win, they were just harder at the ball we could just not get our hands on the ball. What really pissed me off was the center clearance time and time again we were second to the ball while Melbourne got first use and put our backs under the pressure.
We really looked soft at times ...we just have to harden up. And the commentary was so biased they basically willed on the Demons to win but what's new."

Who knew? The Dees players had the commentary streaming into invisible headsets?

Wifi'd through to Mt Buller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back