No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

A selection of the Family Club's finest

Look mate, rightfully my head would be on a chopping block in here and that’s completely understandable. My source is very close to home in terms of coniglio himself and the mail is the same. He has committed to hawthorn, this is a fact I can assure you. The big stumbling block was HQ interference and if he has fallen for that and reneged on word then in my opinion he loses a lot of face with anyone associated with our football club. We all love hawthorn and love football but not just in the game but in life in general WORD is the most important thing, our WORD.

If my source turns out wrong, I don’t blame my source at all it becomes clear that something has changed and have no doubt I will find out why.
Enjoy the $$$ you have just flushed any success in your career down the toilet.
AFL got there man in the end.

I’m out.

Bye , big footy , please close my account as promised
Sorry people, his manager flat out lied to us only two hours ago.
R&L got the right info. We did not. Simple.
We have to move on.
Maybe there is a trap being set by someone to catch the AFL in the act of corruption. That’s the only explanation. Obviously.
So why don't we refuse to take on Pattons contract now? Seriously... To me it was a package deal.

Anyway, we've gone from Cogs to Greenwood #GodHelpUs
What do you think Cogs and the Hawthorn players chatted about over a few drinks just a couple of nights ago.
Has Jags congratulated him on signing his new contract or have divorce papers been lodged
Unfollowed the prick on IG after RNLs post. That makes me feel better
Can you lodge a Freedom of Information claim against a non-Govt entity. They receive public money so surely the tax payer has a right to know how that corrupt organisation is wasting our charity

From the Crows board; the Eddie Betts Played His Last Game thread.

“But aren't we all living in the here and now, just like the crows footy department? Surely it is obvious that our next premier ship window is 2 or 3 years away and players who are now 28 years old and above won't be contributors to that endeavour.”

These campaigners are in lala land. Their window is more likely 2 or 3 decades away.

Gold Coast fan

all this complaining in the media and other clubs about priority picks. AFL SHOULD just take Rowell and Anderson out of the draft and hand them to us we could then use our pick 1 to trade for a max king or established star.
That is some very creative thinking right there

From the Crows board; the Eddie Betts Played His Last Game thread.

“But aren't we all living in the here and now, just like the crows footy department? Surely it is obvious that our next premier ship window is 2 or 3 years away and players who are now 28 years old and above won't be contributors to that endeavour.”

These campaigners are in lala land. Their window is more likely 2 or 3 decades away.
The premiership window for them is not even in sight at present!
It will take them 2 to 3 years to even have a clue as to what state their list is in.
Hilarious.

Salty Cats :handbag: supporter in the Cripps MVP thread on the MB.

Very good player and I like him, yet you can’t give the MVP to someone that never plays in the big games. Carlton are an off broadway team that no one cares about - at least for 2019! When you’re fighting for top 2 or 4 or trying to win to get into finals then maybe. Clearly AFL players like him as do I, but the award is a bit of a popularity contest I would say.

Voted the AFL’s MVP yet Carlton doesn’t play in any big games. Hasn’t been involved in any crunch games. What don’t you get?

Fighting for top 8 involves 13-14 teams. Carlton hasn’t played in any big games or has never been match of the round for years. Hasn’t been tested in crunch games. Dominant in nothing games when the team loses doesn’t mean anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salty Cats :handbag: supporter in the Cripps MVP thread on the MB.

Just silly. These are exactly the types of awards that should transcend ladder position. The Brownlow is already somewhat compromised in that regard, with umpires much more likely to award votes to players in the winning side.

The MVP award recognises the best player in the comp as voted by the players. If the players felt you needed to play in "big games" to earn the award, that would show in the voting. They don't, so it's clearly irrelevant in their eyes.

If it can't see how much more difficult it is surrounded by young, inexperienced or c grade players who have rarely seen success as say, the golden child duckwood who walked into a flag team, I'm not sure what I can tell it....

I remember when we beat Brisbane mid year and I was raving about it on another section of BigFooty because it was Teague’s first game as senior coach and Brisbane were top 4, some guy told me that Carlton were 2-11 and we have the worst list in the competition. The post actually got a couple of likes, obviously from people who have watched plenty of Carlton games. 🙄

Round 22 comes and Carlton beat St Kilda. The same poster said that Carlton can do a Brisbane next year as we have a lot of good young players. Remarkably quick development that is. 👍

I remember when we beat Brisbane mid year and I was raving about it on another section of BigFooty because it was Teague’s first game as senior coach and Brisbane were top 4, some guy told me that Carlton were 2-11 and we have the worst list in the competition. The post actually got a couple of likes, obviously from people who have watched plenty of Carlton games. 🙄

Round 22 comes and Carlton beat St Kilda. The same poster said that Carlton can do a Brisbane next year as we have a lot of good young players. Remarkably quick development that is. 👍

Did you pull him up on it?

Did you pull him up on it?

I did. These were the posts after someone said Carlton were close to having a Brisbane-like rise after that Round 22.

Poster in question:
“So Can I. Maybe not top side but they're close to breaking through.”

Me:
“Thank you. This was you a couple of months ago.”

Poster in question:
“Sh*t posting?? You still have the worst list with one star who carries the club, and carried you to a win yesterday.
Still not much else to write home about.”

His response to that was

“Things change. I still remember the game I thought Brisbane were turning the corner.
I also remember telling the Lions faithful on here last year after we played them that finals was around the corner.
Sacking Bolton helps too. He was s**t.
Need more mids and still don't get the Weitering hype but some good strides have been made.”

I guess there was a good explanation but pretty far from worst list in the competition lol.

The premiership window for them is not even in sight at present!
It will take them 2 to 3 years to even have a clue as to what state their list is in.
Hilarious.

Wow. Since they’re in the business of predicting their next Premiership being in 2022-2023, I would be pretty disappointed if we don’t win number 17 in ‘22-23, considering the fact that our list is way ahead of theirs.

I did. These were the posts after someone said Carlton were close to having a Brisbane-like rise after that Round 22.

Poster in question:
“So Can I. Maybe not top side but they're close to breaking through.”

Me:
“Thank you. This was you a couple of months ago.”

Poster in question:
“Sh*t posting?? You still have the worst list with one star who carries the club, and carried you to a win yesterday.
Still not much else to write home about.”

His response to that was

“Things change. I still remember the game I thought Brisbane were turning the corner.
I also remember telling the Lions faithful on here last year after we played them that finals was around the corner.
Sacking Bolton helps too. He was s**t.
Need more mids and still don't get the Weitering hype but some good strides have been made.”

I guess there was a good explanation but pretty far from worst list in the competition lol.

Yeah he changed his tune pretty quick.

How he can’t see that Weitering has all the tools to be a top 3 KPD in this league means he doesn’t know a lot about football.

Then basically saying the only reason we have turned the corner was because of Bolton going. It was the right decision but we could all see the talent was there and it was going to gel sooner or later.

I love the fact that people that aren’t Carlton people do not pay us any respect, it will make the next 10 years so much sweeter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back