No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He has coasted off being a highly rated junior and mini draft pick since day one.

Doesn't get a lot of the ball, not a big clearance winner, has kicked 20 goals in a season once and is not a big inside 50 player.

He's a poor man's Steven Motlop really. Except at his peak Motlop was in the 40 man AA squad so we've all seen what he can do.
From the "Did GCS stuff up by losing Jack Martin for nothing?" thread, concerning Jack Martin. This after a few posts back, a poster detailed how he was BOG for GC's first 4 games last year (games they won).

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
This was posted on the main board on the SOS thread by a.... St Kilda fan

“Do you not remember the panic his father showed on draft night when Essendon made a bid for him? Funniest moment of the century!”

I can’t even bring myself to respond back that the funniest moment of the century was St Kilda literally being an milimetre away from winning only the second flag in their history before getting mauled the following week. Given it was against ******* Collingwood. Well, at least it was funny to most other football supporters.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

“Do you not remember the panic his father showed on draft night when Essendon made a bid for him? Funniest moment of the century!”

I can’t even bring myself to respond back that the funniest moment of the century was St Kilda literally being an milimetre away from winning only the second flag in their history before getting mauled the following week. Given it was against ******* Collingwood. Well, at least it was funny to most other football supporters.

Same St Kilda supporter :oops:

Afl clubs don’t trade with amateur league clubs

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
You were a Saints fan in a previous life.
Just admit it....lol

brace-yourself-permaban.jpg

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton

What I do remember from that year is St Failure supporters raucously celebrating Bailey Rice's decision to nominate the Aints as his chosen club. That went well for both the Aints & Rice.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
So filed under lessons learned is the following

When it comes to Free Agency - Teams with salary caps can not possibly compete with AFL sponsored teams - because they don’t have salary caps.

Ok I get it

The sour grapes of Hawks fans after being rejected again, this time by Lachie Whitfield..
Most enjoyable:)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'd love for them to fall into a pit for a while, 5 years or so. Can't see it happening, though.

I think they are in danger of being a mediocre mid table for the next decade, like North have been during the BS years, unless they change their draft and recruiting policy, instead of trying to go for the quick fix, instead of hitting the draft..

The Pies under Buckley (unfortunately) have shown you can rebuild a premiership contending team in the space of 4 years or so with some astute list management decisions, even if there is some short time pain.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think they are in danger of being a mediocre mid table for the next decade, like North have been during the BS years, unless they change their draft and recruiting policy, instead of trying to go for the quick fix, instead of hitting the draft..

The Pies under Buckley (unfortunately) have shown you can rebuild a premiership contending team in the space of 4 years or so with some astute list management decisions, even if there is some short time pain.
Um, wat?

The pies have demonstrated that it doesn't take much to completely derail a dynasty; their 2010 premiership team was young, among the youngest ever, and Buckley out of a desire to 'stamp his mark' on the team completely wasted the best years of Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Swan, Shaw. You have got to be kidding, thinking that they 'rebuilt' their side over that epoch, when they're waaaaay worse even now than they were six years ago.

And they couldn't beat WC last year or this year at the G, and it took the converging of some amazing bullshit - lighting striking in form of Mason Cox behaving like Wayne Carey - to allow them to pants Richmond in 18. They're good, they're not great and they're only going to get worse in the short/medium. Their current play is built off not requiring consistency from anyone outside of Pendlebury and Sidebottom, and always having an extra pacy half forward at any given time; if either of those two diminish, they're in trouble. The next tier down do not respond to adversity in the same way.

Last edited:
kane corns gave out his revised awards on guessen this week - the real rising star, connor rozee, because he has more scope to improve..........I think he'd be correct if the award was called "most scope for improvement" problem being that award would need to go to the worst young player in the game.....

Last edited:
Sos was more a utility than a full back, shouldn’t actually be in the same conversation as rance and Scarlett. Yes the polls board on big footy, what a fountain of knowledge.
Things are getting a bit silly over at the Rance thread. Yet another case where a player's ability is amplified just after retirement. A utility. Lol.

Back