No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I found it strange last week all the callers into SEN et al were ringing in saying that it was a bit rich for Carlton to complain about the poor umpiring they copped in the West Coast game, I remember comments such as “it evens out in the long run” and “rub of the green” were used.

Now these same callers are ringing up saying Carlton were advantaged by the umpiring against Fremantle, and the result should be reversed.

Well guess what you salty boneheads the Universe called last Saturday night and said "it all evened out in the long run”

:thumbsu: ;)

Gets two free kicks for the game = 'protected species'... Hmmmmmm

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Witts, Miller, Greenwood and Day also received two free kicks so they are protected species too.

Meanwhile poor TDK gave away 4 free kicks and received none.

off the hawk board - remember I said the hawk board:

"Played against 25 as usual".

so the thinking is, the umpires usually officiate against hawthorn football club - this is what I am reading here........

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
off the hawk board - remember I said the hawk board:

"Played against 25 as usual".

so the thinking is, the umpires usually officiate against hawthorn football club - this is what I am reading here........
Did they only just start supporting Hawthorn? Do we have to remind them how they actively redefined what constitutes HTB mid season to pacify their coach? Or how they spent ******* years getting HTB frees in their forward 50 because of 'presence'?

:rolleyes:

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Did they only just start supporting Hawthorn? Do we have to remind them how they actively redefined what constitutes HTB mid season to pacify their coach? Or how they spent ******* years getting HTB frees in their forward 50 because of 'presence'?

:rolleyes:
In saying that if you look at the free kick differential between 2003 and 2018 then Hawthorn are -348 in 2nd last place. Sydney are last with -516

We are 3rd with +322 and not surprisingly West Coast are +919

In saying that if you look at the free kick differential between 2003 and 2018 then Hawthorn are -348 in 2nd last place. Sydney are last with -516

We are 3rd with +322 and not surprisingly West Coast are +919
There's always got to be one. Someone who has to come up with "facts" and "reality".

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
There's always got to be one. Someone who has to come up with "facts" and "reality".
hahaha.......as a Carlton supporter living in WA, I keep those stats handy when chatting to my Eagles mates as they strangely believe they are hard done by and everything is a Vic conspiracy.

There is some absolute gold in here.

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills

There is some absolute gold in here.
Yes I've been busy in that one. That's my screenshot by the way.

A few still clinging to the top 4 list claim. Unbelievably deluded.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love that some * supporters call Daniher a once in a generation forward. FMD!

MacReady

Senior List
Jul 20, 2007
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New York Giants. Knicks.

can verify that- I work with a few bombers* supporters and one of them said to me today Joe is a massive inclusion (he's correct) and said if they play like they did in the 2nd half they are a very hard team to beat! He said that if they had Daniher all year they'd be top 4! * me drunk they just don't seem to learn! Even when he somehow made the AA squad they still couldn't win a final!!!

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
can verify that- I work with a few bombers* supporters and one of them said to me today Joe is a massive inclusion (he's correct) and said if they play like they did in the 2nd half they are a very hard team to beat! He said that if they had Daniher all year they'd be top 4! fu** me drunk they just don't seem to learn! Even when he somehow made the AA squad they still couldn't win a final!!!
They suffer from the one game wonder syndrome. Mosquito is a star from his debut, that won't change, ever. Daniher is the difference even though he kicked just 3.

Just a reminder that Fisher kicked 4 in his comeback game.

Here's an excellent indication of the average football supporter's mindset - page 3 of the saints autopsy thread - not one post has mentioned umpires - then:

"That loss was 100% on the players, the umpires had nothing to do with it."

tenor.gif

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Back