No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

* remind me of early year Cripps Carlton. Great young talent but their mid career and older talent have been overrated and are further from premiership success than what they suspected.

If they rebuild now around that young talent (McGrath and co) their rebuild could be smoother than ours. If they continue to delude themselves they're in for years of disappointment and they'll eventually lose two generations of talent for nothing on top of their 5000+ days of finals fruitility.

Even the * fans have started to see it.
By "McGrath & co", do you mean McGrath, Ridley & possibly Parish?...

* remind me of early year Cripps Carlton. Great young talent but their mid career and older talent have been overrated and are further from premiership success than what they suspected.

If they rebuild now around that young talent (McGrath and co) their rebuild could be smoother than ours. If they continue to delude themselves they're in for years of disappointment and they'll eventually lose two generations of talent for nothing on top of their 5000+ days of finals fruitility.

Even the * fans have started to see it.

Hard part for them is that there doesn't appear to be a wealth of high quality KPP available in this draft. A lot of the good ones seem to be tied to other clubs, or from interstate (dangerous prospect for a club with culture and player retention issues). We launched our rebuild with Weiters, McKay and Curnow. Essendon won't get a haul like that this year, which is going to delay their rebuild at least 12 months.

I had a Sig Bet with Milanista over who finishes higher, Carlton or Essendon this year.

Havign won that bet (easily) he will now need to have "I, for one, welcome our Carlton overlords" in his signature for the next year.

To be fair to him he's being a good sport about it.

“Jokes aside I hope this is trying to cut players who aren't buying in to Rutten's plans. Seems to be the case with Saad at least”

Lol, they tried to keep Shiel.
'Cut'? Haha, they aren't cutting him. He wants out! They wanted to keep him and nearly matched our offer.
They'll try to spin anything.

Pretty much. Look at where we were before SOS.

McGrath and Ridley are genuine A-grade talent.

They have a number of B and C graders in a similar age bracket who they can utilize throughout a rebuild. Some will make it, others they'll cast aside.

A few vets who will stick around and do their job like ours did.

But we weren't much more than Cripps and Docherty before SOS reset the club through the draft either.

Hard part for them is that there doesn't appear to be a wealth of high quality KPP available in this draft. A lot of the good ones seem to be tied to other clubs, or from interstate (dangerous prospect for a club with culture and player retention issues). We launched our rebuild with Weiters, McKay and Curnow. Essendon won't get a haul like that this year, which is going to delay their rebuild at least 12 months.

Spot on but they have to start somewhere. We really lucked out the year that we started. There's not a great number of mids who would give them a different look than what they already have in their list either. Their best bet would be to hope they can draft Denver Grainger-Barrass. Pairing him with Ridley would be a fantastic result for them.

Ideally, however, I'd like to see them remain delusional. The longer it takes for the penny to drop there the better for everyone else.

I had a Sig Bet with Milanista over who finishes higher, Carlton or Essendon this year.

Havign won that bet (easily) he will now need to have "I, for one, welcome our Carlton overlords" in his signature for the next year.

Now that's a sport's bet! Probably only fair a lot of us get over there to compliment him on it.

I'll give credit to a Bombers supporter here. In response to another Bomber who said that Sam Edmund had spoken to other list managers who said that Carlton were as hard to deal with as Essendon and that Carlton should pay up #7 for Saad, he posted:

Sam, whoever said that is incompetent. It's almost certainly someone who is not currently in the business of getting deals done.

There is no need to get deals done on day 1. Every list manager is duty bound to maximise the outcome of trade period. That is often an easier task at the top of the ladder.

7 is a lot for Saad, it's overs. If the Geelong picks are on offer I'd be disgusted as a Carlton supporter if Carlton did not hold out to split 7 to get a pick in the teens which is clearly reasonable compensation for us and then take another kid (or possibly trade for Oliver). There could then be other exchanges which might then be held up by other deals.

We shouldn't fall in to the trap of thinking everything Dodoro does is wrong.

In 2017, his tactics essentially turned 1 pick into Smith and Stringer. While I wanted neither you cannot argue his hard bargain was overwhelmingly the right call.

The word about town is that it was Dodoro who wouldn't budge on Shiel, remember that GWS offloaded Scully for nothing which changed the landscape, and that he was overridden. Who is currently happy he was overridden and we spent 2 first round picks on Shiel? At this point in time I'd rather have one of Collier-Dawkins/Smith/O'Halloran and 1 of Stevens/Kemp/Georgiades/De Koning on the list than Shiel.

We go through this every year. A bunch of commentators and frustrated fans who have never participated in negotiations in their lives wanting deals to be done quickly so that stories can be written / they can relax. It's stupid.

The only rule for trade period is to get the best possible outcome in the allotted time. Funny that Peter Bell, who has driven ridiculously hard bargains, and who doesn't seem able to blink, like to the extent he is a highly functioning autistic, is not considered a problem.

The #7 Bomber fans are no worse than the 2nd and 3rd rounder Blues fans really.

If we lose Saad after he nominates us because we stick firm on #27, I'd be annoyed. He fits a need.

Just think, SPS won't need to play at HB anymore and we can carry a slower Newman or a another third tall in Marchbank because we have pace with Saad and Willo to cover. We also won't be tempted to throw Zac Williams back when he wants to play midfield.

I'll give credit to a Bombers supporter here. In response to another Bomber who said that Sam Edmund had spoken to other list managers who said that Carlton were as hard to deal with as Essendon and that Carlton should pay up #7 for Saad, he posted:

The #7 Bomber fans are no worse than the 2nd and 3rd rounder Blues fans really.

If we lose Saad after he nominates us because we stick firm on #27, I'd be annoyed. He fits a need.

Just think, SPS won't need to play at HB anymore and we can carry a slower Newman or a another third tall in Marchbank because we have pace with Saad and Willo to cover. We also won't be tempted to throw Zac Williams back when he wants to play midfield.
One of the more intriguing double posts I've read here.

This is brilliant mate...well played!!

Make the same bet next year, but if he loses he has to change his sig to:

"Milan merda.

Fino alla fine - Forza Juve!"

No chance he's as good a sport about that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard parish is being courted by sandringham............

Guys. Guys. Hey guys. Check this exchange out:

Essendon fans, what are your thoughts on this

Ess Receive -> Collingwoods 2020 1st round pick & Dayne Beams
Coll Receive ->Essendons 2020 8th round pick

Why Essendon do this: Essendon will have a lot of empty cap space and are currently rebuilding. They take on the Beams contract and in return, receive a pick in the 15-20 range most likely for taking on his contract. You give up nothing as well

Why Collingwood do this: Shedding Dayne Beams 800k per year contract is a necessity to keep Mihocek, Moore, De Goey and Daicos. We do need to give up our first but with Reef McInnes being tied to our club, we can just use our first round pick on a match for him

You can salary dump Beams to another club why the hell would Essendon want a cooked 30 year old who hasn't played footy in over a year

He doesn't ever rock up to the club. He is just a contract. You get a first round pick for taking him on and give up nothing for it. He never even has to step foot trough the door. You just pay him until 2022 and get our 2020 first for doing so

Guys. Guys. Hey guys. Check this exchange out:
$800k for a spot on the * list who doesn’t play?

Sounds like a direct replacement for Joey Daniher

on faz off the * board:

"To think 2 years ago he was arguably our most important forward, now we can’t get him out the door quick enough.
Ask for pick 30 & work backwards from there."

Sorry if this has been posted before..

North Melbourne board have lost the plot, they have a thread for their love of the Essendon Football Club

Also Essendon board have a thread of what girls would look like in an Essendon jumper..
Pretty gross if you ask me :sick:

(Sorry can't post a link, kind of promised I wouldn't go back for all of trade week for my freedom 👮‍♂️)

The title is satirical. It's the same as our Essendon thread.

This one's not a funny one. I reported it to the Collingwood mods 3-4 days ago, but it's still there. There is a single post calling it out.

I've always feared our decision to expand our "brand" into women's football and netball would one day come back to bite us.

I naturally figured it would be in the form ofa a sexual assault or harassment allegation against one of our players but it turns out it was a love story.

Honestly if his partner hopes to represent Australia again, that is her primary motivation and she is at that level of talent why aren't the Victorian clubs lining up for her signature first?

Regardless of her talent with a new baby and a partner with an earning capacity 20 times her own surely if any compromise needs to be made for the benefit of their family it falls on her as harsh as that sounds.

FMD.

Once again and only at Collingwood could we find yet another unique way to sabotage ourselves.

P.S- As for netball we need to scrap our association IMO and expect if our football club members were surveyed 9 out of 10 would care little for that competition, the team do nothing for our "brand" as they finished stone motherless last this year and in a COVID-19 world where savings need to be found that is one obvious area.
All I can say is, thank all the flying spaghetti monsters in the heavens for the caliber of mods we've got here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back