No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

:smileycat:

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

:smileycat:
Love this person's passion for his/her club, but if he/she is a sponsor then he/she should be making some noise to the club to let them know what has transpired is not acceptable & get some reassurance those responsible for the stuff up will be held accountable.

Some classy and quality posts on the * Saad thread.
Honestly hope one of our boys splits him right down the middle and Walla kicks a bag on him...

money obviously
(despite * virtually matching our offer to try and keep him)

Really? Simpson gone and yes has been replaced. Murphy still relied on a bit and Betts on his last legs, Curnow is looking as fragile as Joe. I don’t think they’re that far ahead of us if at all. Had a great injury run this year apart from Curnow
(responding to someone saying we're on the way up and they're on the way down - and, um... great injury run? What? We haven't had a great injury run for at least 4-5 years)

Also I don't actually think their group is all that good either. Midfield still relies heavily on Curnow and Murphy. They don't bat that deep through the midfield with experienced quality. Now they have gone big on trades and will have the most highly paid trio of half back flankers/back pockets in the league with Dochery, Saad and Williams. Not sure that's the recipe for success.

18th, 16th, 11th. Not hard to keep going up the ladder in those circumstances. They may even finish top eight next year, but if you look at the acquisitions of a number of clubs ahead of them, Carlton are going to find it tough going doing anything more than that. Just like us for the past few years, I guess.
(responding to someone saying we are on an upward spiral and counters with evidence that displays the very definition of an upward spiral)

Club feels less snakey now

I look forward to the ghost of Paddy Ambrose slamming him through the turf of the MCG next year

Agree and looking forward to Draper squashing him like a water melon :cool:

The mere fact we have finally have a ruckman who might actually consider doing this gives me pleasure.

A veritable treasure trove.

I think * supporters watch too much TV. The whole “Our boys are going to slam [insert name] when he returns to play against us next year” almost never happens as they dream it up. I think the * supporters that are saying that are going to be disappointed next year when Saad comes out of the games against * unscathed.

I'd hate to tell them, but Draper sucks. He's aggressive, and that's all. He didn't win a single game last year.

Sure he's young. But he has no real leap, no good technique in the ruck or on the lead or mark, and he doesn't gather ground ball. He's a tap ruck who doesn't tap well or often, who likes an occasional tackle. Might've got you a berth once, but not anymore.

I think * supporters watch too much TV. The whole “Our boys are going to slam [insert name] when he returns to play against us next year” almost never happens as they dream it up. I think the * supporters that are saying that are going to be disappointed next year when Saad comes out of the games against * unscathed.
And they see the fact that they're still mates and have a chat and laugh adter the game.
Which will then give them another reason to slam their current players for chatting to a mercenary and having a laugh after a loss.

(responding to someone saying we're on the way up and they're on the way down - and, um... great injury run? What? We haven't had a great injury run for at least 4-5 years)

(responding to someone saying we are on an upward spiral and counters with evidence that displays the very definition of an upward spiral)

Nowadays Dopers supporters well & truly out-feral Collingwood supporters. They are a miserable lot who deserve every bit of failure their club suffers.

There's not a player in the league worried about whether they'll come out unscathed from a game with *.

of delusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The s**t Collingwood's leaders are saying is hilarious

"We want to get into the pointy end of this draft"

"We want to free up some room in the cap but we don't have a salary cap issue"

First.. youre not at the pointy end. Youre at the low end of the top
Second.. you've sent three key Best 22 players out and only received one first round pick back (and that was more from pick swaps rather than trades)
Third.. you've sent Treloar and Stephenson out who themselves represent three first round picks and you've received second rounders back for them.. to be used in a terrible draft where 50% of the play pool hasn't played footy in 12 months
Fourth.. youre paying half of Treloars salary for himnto pay elsewhere!

Madness

The sh*t Collingwood's leaders are saying is hilarious

"We want to get into the pointy end of this draft"

"We want to free up some room in the cap but we don't have a salary cap issue"

First.. youre not at the pointy end. Youre at the low end of the top
Second.. you've sent three key Best 22 players out and only received one first round pick back (and that was more from pick swaps rather than trades)
Third.. you've sent Treloar and Stephenson out who themselves represent three first round picks and you've received second rounders back for them.. to be used in a terrible draft where 50% of the play pool hasn't played footy in 12 months
Fourth.. youre paying half of Treloars salary for himnto pay elsewhere!

Madness

Sounds like Andy Mackay after our 2014 trade period

I'd hate to tell them, but Draper sucks. He's aggressive, and that's all. He didn't win a single game last year.

Sure he's young. But he has no real leap, no good technique in the ruck or on the lead or mark, and he doesn't gather ground ball. He's a tap ruck who doesn't tap well or often, who likes an occasional tackle. Might've got you a berth once, but not anymore.
Great post. I see some limitations with Draper. At his absolute peak I could imagine him getting to a Nankervis type level, not bad but not elite.

They think he's the second coming of Simon Madden. I suppose it's easy to get excited when you've had a decade of Bellchambers.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whole Collingwood thing baffles me. Buckley is quoted as saying, "Yes, we had to (drive them out), we had to." https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/15/buckley-explains-reasons-behind-treloar-stephenson-trades
Who would want to play for a Club that almost seemingly planned for this scenario?

The whole spin so we can target free agents strategy is dumb, what free agent would want to join the Pies on a long term contract now?

Nor will any player be back ending a contract there for a while.

If they had played this right they could have got good value for their players. Instead they made a last minute decision to have a fire sale.

Their club will be worse on field next year and the following players in their best 22 age >30 may not be around for much longer.

- Pendlebury, Mayne, Greenwood, Howe, Roughead, Cox and Sidebottom

Did they push out the right players? Pendlebury and Sidebottom might have got better picks but maybe they aren't on $$$$$ of Treloar and Stephenson?

Whole Collingwood thing baffles me. Buckley is quoted as saying, "Yes, we had to (drive them out), we had to." https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/15/buckley-explains-reasons-behind-treloar-stephenson-trades
Who would want to play for a Club that almost seemingly planned for this scenario?

After hearing Buckley on the radio this morning, it almost sounded like his conversations with Treloar started with "sorry: salary cap squeeze".
Then when Treloar said "tough luck, I have a contract", Buckley realised that wasn't going to get him to move based on "do it for the club".
Then out came the emotional hammer and every time Treloar resisted, the club upped the ante until he quit.

Whether that's true or just another element of the spin, it's an ugly affair.

You can pick out the * supporter from the next exchange about Russia’s doping.

”So you assume every single Russian athlete is guilty? Thats a bit much IMO.”

“Same assumption was made with Essendon”

”No, just the 34 with Essendon”

Lol, * supporters still think they did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
I just made a brilliant discovery today.

So I was posting elsewhere on BF in an AFL thread and one of our own posted the Collingwood racism article. It was an AFL Thread after all, so yeah, all above board. And who pops up? King s**t Geelong supporter, who just loves posting about Carlton’s salary cap rorts (and 1995*, any chance he gets), in response to the article, he posted something like “imagine bringing shame on the league by being a salary cap rorter and going after another club”. I mean, hey, I am always up for a good s**t posting session but time and place and quoting a post about racism to post about what Carlton did 18 years ago wasn’t the time or the place.

Anyway I did some sleuthing on his account.... was easy because all I had to do was go to his “About” section..... and I made a bombshell revelation. He supports the biggest salary cap rorters in Australian sporting history..... the Melbourne Storm. Oh, the fun I am going to have with this. Christmas might be December 25th but mine came today.

From the Cripps RFA thread:

By the end of this year Cerra will be worth more than Cripps on the open market purely based on his age and output, he’s 21 and plays like Pendlebury which means he’ll have more longevity than Cripps who plays a crash and bash style which has hurt his body. How many shoulder reco’s is he up to now? Cerra will have 10 years ahead of him playing at an elite level while Cripps has maybe 3 years left (if his body holds up) as everyone else has said there’s still a lot to play out and relative ladder position (and the resultant compo pick) would have a lot to do with the makeup of any potential deal, if Freo finish above Carlton, Cerra would have to have a massive desire to return to Victoria to even consider wanting to go to the blues, but if that did happen, I can see a scenario where Carlton don’t match an offer to get the free pick from the AFL, then use that compo pick to trade for Cerra, which would be unders on the open market but means The blues get to keep their first round pick and get Cerra for Cripps.

So I replied...

I get that you're a Freo supporter, but come on mate this is simply ridiculous. Let's unpack it.

1) "Cerra will be worth more than Cripps this year based on age and output" - Cripps at only 25 has barely reached his prime, and has much more ahead of him. You think a 21 year old who averages across his 3 years only 15 touches, 3 tackles and 1 clearance a game is worth more than arguably the best inside mid currently in the league?

2) "How many shoulder reconstructions is he up to now?" - Had his first one last year. The only injury across his 8 year career accredited to his "crash and bash style".

3) "Cripps has maybe 3 years left" - So he'll retire when he's 28? For a guy who keeps improving year on year, that sure seems like a mighty stretch.

4) "Carlton get a compo pick from the AFL for Cripps" - Even if Cripps wanted to leave (which according to all reports to date, he doesn't), in what crazy world would Carlton accept anything less than several first rounders for Cripps?

5) "Blues keep their 2021 first rounder, and get Cerra for Cripps." - I don't think I even need to say anything for this one.

6) ~ every heard of proper punctuation? I counted a grand total of two sentences in that entire seven line paragraph. ~

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT tag posters from other Boards and other areas of the site.

Remove the username tags!

Was thinking about this the other day. Is this because with the username in the quote, you are basically quoting the poster (opposition supporter) which s/he will get a notification for and that is giving them an invitation to respond on here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back