No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking about this the other day. Is this because with the username in the quote, you are basically quoting the poster (opposition supporter) which s/he will get a notification for and that is giving them an invitation to respond on here?

Spot on they will get an alert and this thread in particular is Carlton Posters Only.

No problem quoting non Carlton posters but username tags must be removed.

It applies site wide.

* strategy this year will be to “iron out” 10 opposition players each week to give themselves any hope of playing finals football in 2021. No Bumbers will be suspended.
Until, as usual they take it too far and a higher court steps in to mete out some justice. The whole squad will be in jail for assault and somehow it still won’t be their fault.

* plan for Thursday's practice match... knock-out Saad.

This is the same guy that's finished top 3 in their bnf the last 3 years 🤡

View attachment 1063381View attachment 1063376View attachment 1063377
To iron him out they've got to catch him first....

In what world does Draper have the leg speed to get within arms reach of Saad?

Might be like the practice match against Collingwood last year when Grundy was really angry after Pitto kept pushing him out of the contest and he thought he'd try and run through Walsh, from behind, about 50m off the ball. Sammy heard him coming and stepped out off the way while the big oath 'flew right by' (pretty sure there's a top gun quote to drop in here...)

In what world does Draper have the leg speed to get within arms reach of Saad?

They have to use Draper. He's the only one they have with any mongrel in him.

Until, as usual they take it too far and a higher court steps in to mete out some justice. The whole squad will be in jail for assault and somehow it still won’t be their fault.

lawyers screwed them ....

I like Draper, aggressive, strong mitts, safe shot at goal
I don't.

He's a ruckman, without terrific leap or technique. Being a safe shot at goal is only useful when you can get set shots. Being aggressive is not the sole attribute a ruckman needs.

I don't and can't see it.

I don't.

He's a ruckman, without terrific leap or technique. Being a safe shot at goal is only useful when you can get set shots. Being aggressive is not the sole attribute a ruckman needs.

Don't get me wrong, he is more a banger in the mumford way, but slightly more valuable than just that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, he is more a banger in the mumford way, but slightly more valuable than just that

Seems he's bought into his own hype as a "Mumford type". Seem to recall watching a few of his games last season when it seemed he was going out of his way to try and hurt blokes when he could've actually just played the ball.

Funny you should mention those 2.

I bumped into Draper in the surf at Burleigh the morning after the Giants had controversially beaten them the night before (Ward free kick).

He was on his own doing recovery (I think they had to be, or maybe in pairs). I said something inane like "doing recovery"? He proceeded to tell me how sore he was after going up against Mummy all night.

When I asked him about the free kick he said something like "they are just over-umpiring full stop". Seemed like a nice bloke FWIW.

I suppose part of my problem is them heralding him as the next best thing, when all the best rucks in the comp at present are the athletically exceptional. He's tall and strong, but he's the leap of a later years Darren Jolly rather or David Hille.

Hille would be my comparison, personally, except that Draper gets more distracted by the other stuff.

I don't.

A lot in this post. I see him as very limited. Mumford is good comparison.

I suppose when you've had a decade of Bellchambers anything could be considered as an upgrade.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot in this post. I see him as very limited. Mumford is good comparison.

I suppose when you've had a decade of Bellchambers anything could be considered as an upgrade.

If they rubbished TDK’s potential we would rail. The lad might come on, will be cumbersome at times, don’t all young ruckman?

Exactly. He MIGHT come on. They think he's arrived already. Some of the posts I've read have up there with Gawn and Grundy.

I've read a few posts suggesting he's a chance to to make AA or at least the squad.

Quite possibly they're from 'outlier' supporters, the equivalent of when we have posters suggest we could have 15+ A graders on the list and should be hoping for 10 in the AA team, but none the less.

There's always a super-hyped young ruck or two. Last year was probably Marshall & English, the year before was Riley O'Brien & Sean Darcy, this year could very well be Draper & TDK.

When they start getting the #1 ruck spot their numbers go way up and people start actually seeing them for the first time, so there's some excitement. It's a bloody big jump to get from being a serviceable or average ruck to a top-tier alongside Gawn, Gruny & Naitanui (when he's fit).

For all the talk of ROB & SD, they've both slowed down, both are kind of big lugs that outbody but aren't dynamic or particularly good kicks. Marshall has more tricks, can play forward and seems to move ok. English can't actually ruck for s*** outside of the 2-4 absolutely ridiculous hitouts to advantage he gets per game, but he racks up the possessions like a midfielder (which is what he really is) and can take a grab.

We'll see how Draper goes this year, the spotlight is now on him and how he handles that combined with a full season of full-length quarters. Odds are that even if he starts well he'll taper right off, just like how Nankervis was absolutely cooked and runnign on fumes 2/3 through his first full season of #1 ruck.

First post is about the Dangerfield thuggery.

3 weeks will be justice for the thug act.”

The following reply is from a Geelong supporter (this person and his Geelong supporting mate on the same board are sarcastic twits when it comes to anything negative about Geelong)

Was such an incredibly thug act hey, send him to prison.”

Jake Kelly ended up with a broken nose and a concussion which we all know about. It would be assault away from the sporting arena, so he’s not wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back