No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
“3 weeks will be justice for the thug act.”

The following reply is from a Geelong supporter (this person and his Geelong supporting mate on the same board are sarcastic twits when it comes to anything negative about Geelong)

“Was such an incredibly thug act hey, send him to prison.”

Jake Kelly ended up with a broken nose and a concussion which we all know about. It would be assault away from the sporting arena, so he’s not wrong.
But Williams' bump would also be classified as 'assault'.

I know this is the wrong thread, but we need to stop focusing on these strikes/tackles/bumps as the injury they ended up causing, but rather the potential for injury it could've caused.

The further we stray away from charging the act and not the outcome, the further we go from a more fair match review system.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I know this is the wrong thread, but we need to stop focusing on these strikes/tackles/bumps as the injury they ended up causing, but rather the potential for injury it could've caused.

The further we stray away from charging the act and not the outcome, the further we go from a more fair match review system.
We’re already there, it’s an outcome based system. If Kelly played on it’s maybe 1 week like Williams, unfortunately for Jake he’s got a mashed nosed to go with his concussion so Patty pays the price.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

The system doesn’t seem fair when players routinely get off because of their status in the game. Hopefully “its a contact sport” doesn’t get Dangerfield off again after he caused Vlastuin’s GF concussion.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The system doesn’t seem fair when players routinely get off because of their status in the game. Hopefully “its a contact sport” doesn’t get Dangerfield off again after he caused Vlastuin’s GF concussion.
I think now that he's going to the tribunal it's more a case now of how many weeks. Can they argue it down to 2 or will the AFL try and make an example and go for 4? I still think 3 is the magic number.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
King's already saying 4 weeks.

King was “rumbled” on Twitter over the weekend for AFL360’s “pick & choose” attitude when it comes to making statements about particular incidents- I am not surprised he’s decided to go hard on this one. ;)

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
the AFL should institute a media ban on commentry (as in the speculation of result) about incidents that occur during the game until after the MRP / tribunal has adjudicated.
Why? And how would they police it? Put a press release out nation wide and just ask? I'm not sure they'd have to power to silence their own media department? They tried it once by attempting to sack/stand down Mitch Cleary for reporting the Brooke Cotchin spa stuff and it blew up in their face. Barrett today, an AFL Media employee on AFL.com.au has gone with No malice in Danger bump, but he must go and is suggesting 2 weeks.

King was “rumbled” on Twitter over the weekend for AFL360’s “pick & choose” attitude when it comes to making statements about particular incidents- I am not surprised he’s decided to go hard on this one. ;)
Another example of playing the media person not the statement. He/she bags Carlton - ridicule them, he/she supports Carlton - question their motives, same for opinions on tribunal, umpiring, AFL et al. If you're never going to believe anything anyone in the media says, you might be in the wrong thread.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Another example of playing the media person not the statement. He/she bags Carlton - ridicule them, he/she supports Carlton - question their motives, same for opinions on tribunal, umpiring, AFL et al. If you're never going to believe anything anyone in the media says, you might be in the wrong thread.

No-one played the person - David King was called out for his inconsistent stance on contact to the head.

Why is “choosing to bump” less culpable than “an errant elbow” whilst grappling in a tackle?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Page 2 of the Geelong Autopsy thread v Crows

Well. We’ve gifted them a quarter of their wins this
year. Maggots did not help our cause at all, wrongly paid Jenkins mark in the square, and free against him that wasn’t cost us two goals, and that’s just for starters.
Didn’t deserve to win, even accounting for that. How many players get a pass mark? At half time I had maybe 3.
The captain looks cooked, forget about hanging sh*t on a young bloke like Z Guthrie. Might be one year too many.
Rohan is frustrating, but he is what he is, I give him a pass today.
Omith pass just.
Blicavs.
Not many others, just a horrible way to open the season. Hopefully this is the low point.
Maggots deplorable, and if Danger gets a suspension, I will have my (nearly 20 year) BigFooty.com account deleted and I will stop following the game.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
From the Norf board

Sadly, for this lad, he'll be the new whipping boy for the small minority of cheetoh-munching keyboard coaches who thought drafting a Simon Minton-Connell clone, who'll head back to WA after his first contract for squillions of dollars and has a terrible given name, was a better idea than drafting the new Andrew Swallow. Phillips will play 200+ games for North.

Dunno what is sadder, comparing Logan Mac to Mints or that Will Phillips (the bloke they took at #3) is the new Andrew Swallow 🤡🤡🤡

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
From the main forum. Thread about Geelong being the leading club for suspensions since 2010.

The 4 most successful clubs are at the top of the list what does that tell you? the best clubs play on edge.

Didn’t Tom Hawkins “playing on the edge” in the 2019 finals series with his little sly punch against Will Schofield pretty much cost Geelong a flag? He got suspended for the eventual 19 point loss to Richmond in the PF, a game that Geelong I reckon would have won if Tim Hawkins had played. In the GF, Richmond belted GWS by 89 points. 😂

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Think I could fill 5 pages with some of the post from our own supporters this week
Yeah I am a little dismayed at some things I read. I understand the frustration...but some of the reasoning is downright rude, embarrassing and shortsighted.

And the moment we show some form "Gee I'm so glad to be proven wrong! He was amazing today.......right guys? Guys?"

Never from me. It is an ever shifting environment for me. What is right today, might be wrong tomorrow, or at least on hold for further evaluation. It ends up coming down to the percentages for me. Play 1 great game a month, and I'm not toasting you with champagne.

Back