Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton cannot be allowed to be good.

Them being rubbish for 10+ years, everyone has more or less forgotten how insufferable their supporters are.

As soon as they are actually good, people will be pining for the days when they were crap like most people are currently pining for the pre coronavirus days.

Carlton cannot be allowed to be good.

Them being rubbish for 10+ years, everyone has more or less forgotten how insufferable their supporters are.

As soon as they are actually good, people will be pining for the days when they were crap like most people are currently pining for the pre coronavirus days.
Would've said the same about Richmond a few years back too. Have to be the most arrogant of any supporter base - more so than Hawthorn

Would've said the same about Richmond a few years back too. Have to be the most arrogant of any supporter base - more so than Hawthorn

I know it’s subjective and all but I haven’t found Richmond fans to be too bad after their recent success. Most in my experience, like us in 2016, have just been super happy and excites to have seen some success after a long wait.

CarnTheScray has it right about Carlton being next level. Still remember when they were a powerhouse in the 80’s and 90’s. Not pleasant.

Richmond supporters that I know are nowhere near Carlton. The only time they flaunt their success is when in an argument with one of our Carlton mates.

I know it’s subjective and all but I haven’t found Richmond fans to be too bad after their recent success. Most in my experience, like us in 2016, have just been super happy and excites to have seen some success after a long wait.

CarnTheScray has it right about Carlton being next level. Still remember when they were a powerhouse in the 80’s and 90’s. Not pleasant.

Even though I have Carlton and Bomber supporting mates, it is good to see both teams be crap.

[QUOTE=", post: 65899418, member:
Was just saying the commentary hype around him was so ******* off the mark. Looks like he has no idea how to kick.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=", post: 65900937, member:
Commentary's terrible. Weightman's promising, but wayward; were this a regular season, methinks he'd be getting dropped to work on his disposal next week.

Least this has been a game of footy, even if it's onesided.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nah.

Weightman has stuffed up every kick he's had that hasn't resulted in a goal. Style over substance.
BT and I think Bruce were both banging on about his athleticism when he took that mark near the wing before. He thrust his body sideways and his feet barely left the ground (and were back on it once he marked it) - almost the least spectacular speccy ever
Been good Weightman. Jeez Bruce! He has had 4 touches. Talk about trying to create a narrative.
Weak as piss Smith.

Carlton supporters are slowly overtaking Essendon as my most hated side. They win against us last week but still can’t stand the thought of us having a better young list than them. Weightman playing well while Sam Philp looks miles off it has got them to breaking point. 5 days is a long time in footy. Let’s see how they respond to last weeks win. Definitely happy with how we did.

Last edited:
Carlton supporters are slowly overtaking Essendon as my most hated side.
... seeing as the first two posts you quoted are mine - you seem to have messed up your quotations, old boy - I suppose i should respond.

Weightman looked great for most of the night, but his disposal by foot wasn't great outside of shots at goal. If you'd looked at the posts I responded to - which was suggesting that Rankine was last week's flavour now Weightman was around, and that mark he took on the wing in which he overran the ball and had to take a screamer to put himself back in position - you might find yourself inclined to agree.

You're welcome to your hatred, if that suits you.

... seeing as the first two posts you quoted are mine - you seem to have messed up your quotations, old boy - I suppose i should respond.

Weightman looked great for most of the night, but his disposal by foot wasn't great outside of shots at goal. If you'd looked at the posts I responded to - which was suggesting that Rankine was last week's flavour now Weightman was around, and that mark he took on the wing in which he overran the ball and had to take a screamer to put himself back in position - you might find yourself inclined to agree.

You're welcome to your hatred, if that suits you.

Apologies for the tag. Have fixed that up and certainly didn’t mean it.

I just laugh at the nastiness that comes from your fan base when a young successful kid from another club shows some potential. If you’d like I’d also show evidence from your board on comments on Bailey Smith last week. This was one of my favourites
For the record, I watched the replay again last night, given my discussion with others re the value to his team of one B. Smith. After the 3rd viewing of the game I am even more convinced that Smith contributed ALMOST NOTHING to help his team win. Outside of his early goal, he was almost totally ineffective with his disposals. Can anyone tell me if smothered kicks and kicks which hit the knee and go no-where are counted as stats?

He seems to not like being tackled, as he is of the habit to get rid of the ball immediately that he gets it, often to the detriment of the team mate he handballs to, so as to avoid contact. It looks a lot like panic to me. Even the commentators twice made mention that Smith sold his team mates into trouble. I don't recall one kick which hit an advantageous target, other than the goal. The first behind he kicked should have been a dish off to a clear teammate and easy goal.

The only thing of significance he did in the 2nd half was to toe poke the ball off the ground in the wrong direction which lead directly to a Carlton goal. He also laid a tackle on Cripps, where Crippa accidentally ran in to him and Smith could not get out of the way.

He can be often seen in the periphery of the screen, walking or slow jogging to no-where. He is often way out of position. I can only recall one instance where I saw him get an effective disposal in the back half, and that was a handball to a stationary team mate in the Carlton goal square

As for votes and player ratings, I would have him somewhere in the bottom dozen or so effective players in the game, for either side.
Walsh is a one of the hgame's best

Supporters in our Club have been carrying the weight of shyteness for so many years now even punks with look at me bogan haircuts are appealing.

I'm interested to see how Stocker/Kemp/Kennedy/Setterfield/Cripps look as midfield on ball rotations - not long to wait now.Couldn't care less about what theoreticians have to say about 'leg speed' - that is for outside runners like Fisher/Philps/Cuningham/Martin/Dow/LoB/Walsh to deliver - I want 5 hard nuts in the side every week - on ball or thereabouts - then I'll know #17 is coming.

No need for Mr Smith or his haircut - he can stick with Libertore and try and avoid a 3 strike.

I just laugh at the nastiness that comes from your fan base when a young successful kid from another club shows some potential. If you’d like I’d also show evidence from your board on comments on Bailey Smith last week. This was one of my favourites
Makes me wonder how much of the bitterness is generated by them trying to justify the selection of Walsh at pick 1.
His a quality footballer and was always going to be the safest pick but Damn they missed out on some freakish talent in that superdraft. Didn't need a tall so can excuse them passing on lukosius and the kings but id go for rankine, rozee and Smith before even considering Walsh. Can easily grab his type in the late first/second round (worpel the one off top of mind)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of their bitterness stems from 25 years of irrelevance. They have always treated the Bulldogs with disdain, bragging about 16 Premierships, even though it should be 15 after the cheating was exposed in 1995. It was noticeable that Essendon and Carlton were absent during Fightback, whereas Richmond and Collingwood were in the thick of things with us.

The irony of their excitement in beating us, seems to be lost on them. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Long may these two cheating teams rot holding up the bottom of the ladder.

No worries. All good.

Smith's been a bit of a thing on our board since that first term serve he gave Cripps; it doesn't help that he looks like a villain from a Stephen King adaption.

I think a lot of their bitterness stems from 25 years of irrelevance. They have always treated the Bulldogs with disdain, bragging about 16 Premierships, even though it should be 15 after the cheating was exposed in 1995. It was noticeable that Essendon and Carlton were absent during Fightback, whereas Richmond and Collingwood were in the thick of things with us.

The irony of their excitement in beating us, seems to be lost on them. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I am sad that I am only able to like your post once. If only there were an unlimited amount of ‘Like’ buttons.

Still remember in Akermanis’ autobiography that when he left Brisbane he had a phone call with Kevin Sheedy and told him that he was going to the Bulldogs. Sheedy responded with “why would you want to play at a s**t footy club like them for”?

Where are you now you old f**er!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back