Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
Wasn't Liam Jones a former Western Bulldogs player???

KULTURE!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Arkangel

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2007
Internet City
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How is it the culture of anywhere, Carlton included, if only one player refuses. Even as a joke it doesn’t stand up.
What if the idea at the heart of the joke is the idiocy of the popular over-reliance on the concept of club "culture" in accounting for any behaviour a footballer engages in?

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
What if the idea at the heart of the joke is the idiocy of the popular over-reliance on the concept of club "culture" in accounting for any behaviour a footballer engages in?
This kind of meta commentary is far too subtle for the context and presentation of the joke.

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A blues fan wants a compensation pick for Liam Jones.

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
How is it the culture of anywhere, Carlton included, if only one player refuses. Even as a joke it doesn’t stand up.
Seriously.
It's a light hearted joke.
Taking the piss out of the overused "culture" catchcry...
You are over analysing.

PS. There were no likes for two thirds of the existence of BF.
It's a new thing for the whipper snappers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Seriously.
It's a light hearted joke.
Taking the piss out of the overused "culture" catchcry...
You are over analysing.

PS. There were no likes for two thirds of the existence of BF.
It's a new thing for the whipper snappers.
Just busting your balls in the hope you might contribute to the topic of the thread,

… got a notification I’ve been a member for 16 years a couple of days ago…

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
Just busting your balls in the hope you might contribute to the topic of the thread,

… got a notification I’ve been a member for 16 years a couple of days ago…
back of the Herald scum Liam Jones AFL SUPERSTAR to retire from football fk me if he is a SUPERSTAR then Bont is Elvis Presley, Jesus Christ, Neil Armstrong ,and Taylor Swift.

Optimistic Dog

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was recently reminded of why I hate the team and their supporters. Away with a group friends 2 of them blues supporters. Somehow Bailey Smith's name come up and said I guess you dislike him. Yeah they said but the dogs have the most hated players in the league. They said we hate Hunter, Weightman and Libba, I said nothing other than surely you could not dislike The Bont. They replied he is a border line a big head writing books and he is into to many ads. I said you are just jealous blues supporters who cannot take being the laughing stock team of the millennium. I hope we belt them by 100 points plus next season and they finish on the bottom of the ladder and the Bont, Bailey, Cody and Lachie dominate.

Iamspock

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was recently reminded of why I hate the team and their supporters. Away with a group friends 2 of them blues supporters. Somehow Bailey Smith's name come up and said I guess you dislike him. Yeah they said but the dogs have the most hated players in the league. They said we hate Hunter, Weightman and Libba, I said nothing other than surely you could not dislike The Bont. They replied he is a border line a big head writing books and he is into to many ads. I said you are just jealous blues supporters who cannot take being the laughing stock team of the millennium. I hope we belt them by 100 points plus next season and they finish on the bottom of the ladder and the Bont, Bailey, Cody and Lachie dominate.
And they would have all of them in a heartbeat...

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad