Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the latest Dogs-hater free-kick conspiracy theorist has copped a suspension. Pretty good going for a poster who only joined a few weeks ago and launched straight at us from day one.
Well, we wanted to be hated, rather than the patronising “second favourite team”.

Now that it's happening, I don't like it. Not the way some of it is expressed. Remember banter threads? We couldn't possibly do those now.
If you ever have a look on the main board we are really quite widely hated these days. I don’t mind that particularly but there’s a lot of people who seem to sincerely believe we get a leg up from the umpires. That is annoying because it’s total horse s**t.

If you ever have a look on the main board we are really quite widely hated these days. I don’t mind that particularly but there’s a lot of people who seem to sincerely believe we get a leg up from the umpires. That is annoying because it’s total horse s**t.

They simply find safety in company. Conspiracy theorists. End up like this if they're not careful:

images

Still, he couldn't get 5 kicks let alone 5 goals in a lot of games before this. Blokes who turn into guns generally show more flashes before a supposed break out game than he has.

1658740445112.png

Good to see the latest Dogs-hater free-kick conspiracy theorist has copped a suspension. Pretty good going for a poster who only joined a few weeks ago and launched straight at us from day one.
Who was it? Not those two Melbourne morons or Plugger? They aren't on here to talk footy but rather cause trouble.

I rated Cunners higher as a player and champion of the game than Scott West (who always was a bit overrated and comes across as bit of a flog)

I don't think you watched much of Cunnington over the years if you don't acknowledge as a champion of the game, which he is.

He would have been given his rightful due in the media if he played for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond etc

Ben Cunnington so underrated. But it’s because he’s not at a big club like Scott west was for his 5 more best and fairests, 5 more all Australians (Cunnington has none), hall of fame status and 100+ more Brownlow votes.

Fun fact: cunnington’s career stats almost mirror Tom Liberatore’s (Liberatore even averages more clearances) but nobody would call him a champion of the game.

Ben Cunnington so underrated. But it’s because he’s not at a big club like Scott west was for his 5 more best and fairests, 5 more all Australians (Cunnington has none), hall of fame status and 100+ more Brownlow votes.

Fun fact: cunnington’s career stats almost mirror Tom Liberatore’s (Liberatore even averages more clearances) but nobody would call him a champion of the game.
I would call both champions of the game.

West was in another league as compared to both though.

I'm sick of the free kick talk around us, how people don't understand that if you're first to the ball you are far more likely to draw a free kick is just beyond me. We consistently rank high in contested and first possessions which is shown in the numbers of the types of free kicks we get. It's not like we get that many forward either, we're just +4 for frees inside 50 this year.

View attachment 1454630

I started a statistical 'study' a couple of weeks back to see where we've suddenly gone wrong this year. (To see if there was something more specifically).
Hopefully I'll finish it this week, but one thing that stood put is that since 2016 we've been in the bottom (which is good!) could of teams for Clangers every single year.

We are a well drilled, well coached and thoroughly disciplined team under Bev.
Free kicks +/- obviously feed into that.

(This is definitely not meant to start any kind of coaching argument!)

Yes, we get a good run with the umpires but us not winning a flag since 2016 probably suggests we are not getting much of an advantage from it.

Not sure why our main board game threads are being taken over by salty Melbourne supporters.

Can understand why Swan supporters might carry on, even though it was 6 seasons ago and we were the better team on the day.

Don't understand the Melbourne bitterness, a few of them need to get a life away from BF on the weekend.

Yes, we get a good run with the umpires but us not winning a flag since 2016 probably suggests we are not getting much of an advantage from it.

Not sure why our main board game threads are being taken over by salty Melbourne supporters.

Can understand why Swan supporters might carry on, even though it was 6 seasons ago and we were the better team on the day.

Don't understand the Melbourne bitterness, a few of them need to get a life away from BF on the weekend.
All our free kicks are gifts, all our goals come from said free kicks therefore gifts, opponents never get free kicks against us or if they do they’re never to advantage. It’s uncanny.

It’s also hilarious because on that line of logic we should win every week.

We won the free kicks handsomely this week and what bloody good did it do us? Surely the penny drops that there is NO CORRELATION between free kicks and winning games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All our free kicks are gifts, all our goals come from said free kicks therefore gifts, opponents never get free kicks against us or if they do they’re never to advantage. It’s uncanny.

We won the free kicks handsomely this week and what bloody good did it do us? Surely the penny drops that there is NO CORRELATION between free kicks and winning games.
They are not interested in details, they just want an argument as to why we are not the poor old Bulldogs anymore.

"and the corruption continues,i knew it would take it & only it to bring us down,we deserved that win and the boys won it no matter how ordinary it was at times and then that,GF'd"

"I hear if you go to Subway and ask for a Prestia they give you a meatball sub with ham and string cheese"

"and the corruption continues,i knew it would take it & only it to bring us down,we deserved that win and the boys won it no matter how ordinary it was at times and then that,GF'd"

"I hear if you go to Subway and ask for a Prestia they give you a meatball sub with ham and string cheese"
You really need the footy gods on your side to win the flag from 7th!

We won the free kicks handsomely this week and what bloody good did it do us? Surely the penny drops that there is NO CORRELATION between free kicks and winning game
Trying to argue with nuffies on the MB about 2016 is just an exercise in banging one's head against a brick wall.

If one were to have a deep dive into corruption and manipulating results in sport, history tells us that the only way to do it is to pay off players to "throw games". Example - the 1919 Chicago Black Sox.

Umpires do not have enough power to actually change results...they can pay or not pay an extra 5 free kicks here or there, but that wont make a difference if one team is playing better on the day than the other.

Of course the fun part for us Bulldog fanatics is that every time 2016 is brought up by opposition nuffies, it just takes us back to that wonder Saturday afternoon, and the long time dream becoming a reality.

While I don’t believe the “mainly responsible for the Dogs flag”, I do believe the McCartney focus on contested ball did contribute to the 2016 GF win. I think because of other divisive issues around his coaching he doesn’t get the credit ( for the contested ball focus) that he deserves.

While I don’t believe the “mainly responsible for the Dogs flag”, I do believe the McCartney focus on contested ball did contribute to the 2016 GF win. I think because of other divisive issues around his coaching he doesn’t get the credit ( for the contested ball focus) that he deserves.

Let’s not go rewriting history.

Tom Boyd talks about Bevo’s arrival on one of the episodes of the Danny Boyd podcast. Bevo came in and more or less told the group they couldn’t play footy. Hardly a glowing assessment of McCartney’s era.

I dare them to try Hird again. please
I reckon its almost a certainty. He was out doing media interviews last week, blaming others and still not accepting any real responsibility for the cluster * that Essingdong have been since his departure. This was a message meant for a very small audience. The tone deaf true believers at the club who will ultimately decide who coaches regardless of the outcome of the sham process being conducted by the 6 person panel.

I reckon its almost a certainty. He was out doing media interviews last week, blaming others and still not accepting any real responsibility for the cluster * that Essingdong have been since his departure. This was a message meant for a very small audience. The tone deaf true believers at the club who will ultimately decide who coaches regardless of the outcome of the sham process being conducted by the 6 person panel.

The coterie groups at Essendope wield enormous power. The Kirwan family being the prime example. They cut lots of cheques to The club and expect their voice to be heard.

The Kirwan family own lots of car dealerships across Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back