Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

cc00441d85edb81d1270d430f6ab8cc9.png

Found in the Richmond Forum. Mature.

What a lovely human being.

New thread on the main board from everyone's favourite poster. Saints should now be investigated and potentially charged with bringing the game into disrepute for targeting a contracted Giants player and "denigrating a competitor" :$

With the goings regarding St Kilda targeting Adam Tomlinson It occurs to me there is a point at which a club should be sanctioned for targetting a contracted player. I beleive this is at the point where the club cannot reasonably show it is acting in good faith.

I'll begin by saying I dont see anything wrong with showing interest in any player, contracted or not. Although it's a grey area a club having discussions with a player manager is fine and I'm sure it happens all the time. Sometimes it progresses and sometimes not.

There are some disturbing elements to this one though and I think the AFL should be asking questions of the Saints.

Essentially what's happened in summary:-

1. Tomlinson signed an extension of his contract in February 2017 for two years.

2.St Kilda reportedly made Tomlinson an offer and announced they were seeking a trade because they believed Tomlinson wanted to rerurn to Victoria. There was a vague reference to player discipline matters that led to him seeking to leave. That may or may not be true and in any case are confidential between the club and it's players.

It could be true as Leon has been saying publicly some players basically need to perform or be replaced for some time. Another club making insinuations without even reference to fact is innappropiate and unhelpful in any case.

3. Giants announced Tomlinson had been approached and after discussions would not be traded in any circumstances. Neither Tommo or his manager have given any indication he is seeking a trade.

4. Saints announce nothing will happen unless our position changes. You'd think this would be the end of the matter.

5. Saints make "formal offer" to Tomlinson and insist they "believe" with no reference to Tommo or his manager that he wants to return to Victoria. Next day they again announce it wont happen.
Giant's reiterate Tommo will not be traded although it should not have been necessary

I think it's approriate to raise an eyebrow and ask whether they were in fact attempting to trade in good faith, or whether they were just throwing scuttlebut to denigrate a competitor.

I'd suggest the AFL investigate whether there was any substance to the claims of interest shown by Tommo. If not then sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute would seem appropriate to me.

It may be an investigation would reveal things embarassing to the Giants or Tommo but the other scenario is surely unnaceptable, and I think it needs to be known.

Another vain attempt to convince everyone they don’t care about the bulldogs by making their 2018 fixture thread all about the bulldogs.

Coincidentally also by bigfooty’s favourite shut in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas!!

Hi Chief
The time has come for me to go permanently. It's
been real. BF is the only social media I have ever invested time in, or likely ever will. That makes it a worthwhile experience but the negatives outweigh the positives.
I've been close for a while, but now I am done.
Please delete my account, I will continue to read our board as an information source

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone ever believe this pseudo-intellectual clown would actually leave Bigfooty? His Bonkynon account posted over 10,500 in less than 12 months - that's an average of 1.2 posts per hour over an entire year. Funny stuff. I'd also wager 95%+ of those posts were either absolute dribble talk or playing the victim - what a waste of an entire year.

Bigfooty isn't just a part of his life, it is his life.

Did anyone ever believe this pseudo-intellectual clown would actually leave Bigfooty? His Bonkynon account posted over 10,500 in less than 12 months - that's an average of 1.2 posts per hour over an entire year. Funny stuff. I'd also wager 95%+ of those posts were either absolute dribble talk or playing the victim - what a waste of an entire year.

But what the hell would motivate someone to do that ??

Wow, that's more than what I have posted in 15 years.

At least his club made the finals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- GWS are not a club

- Zero ****s given if they made the finals. Their players, like their "fans", are a bunch of mouthy pissant gobshites who deserve every bit of pain they get. Watching their C U Next Tuesday players trudge off the ground in tears after the prelim against Richmond (and, of course, against us) gave me a very warm fuzzy feelings :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back