Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba has turned up in mighty good nick for a bloke who was off his nut off-season (apparently). He’s looking like his Uncle Fred Liberatore (look him up young-uns).

Looking forward to him tearing it up like a maniac on the footy field.

Mass debate in Bay 13 thread in regards to Bulldogs, GWS, Tom Boyd and Libba. Worth a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay 13 doesn’t count. It’s there for people to act like tools

It’s the place you go for ‘normal’ light hearted banter.

The main board.. ugh..sometimes I wonder why.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton board is a good laugh (I’m surprised I’m even allowed to read it, given I get blocked for ever having a opinion on Carlton everywhere else).

Patrick Cripps is now certainly better than the Bont, but always has been.

I always laugh at people who get labelled trolls for having an opinion on Carlton elsewhere but it is free reign for their supporters to do just the same under the pretence of sticking up for their club.

Carlton board is a good laugh (I’m surprised I’m even allowed to read it, given I get blocked for ever having a opinion on Carlton everywhere else).

Patrick Cripps is now certainly better than the Bont, but always has been.

I always laugh at people who get labelled trolls for having an opinion on Carlton elsewhere but it is free reign for their supporters to do just the same under the pretence of sticking up for their club.
Bontempelli with one hip is still yards better than Cripps. When both are healthy its not even a contest.

They’re both tremendous players but very different. I’d take both. But I’d always take 100% fit Bont over Cripps although Cripps has had the better year this year. Players and Coaches both agree.
BUT.....
Watched both Carlton games this year and for most of it I saw a contested beast digging out handballs and hacked kicks in between a few good open possessions. Much prefer a player who can effortlessly kick 4 in a quarter or nail 60m precision passes with ease.

Had discussion with couple of Cripps fans today ( not Carlton supporters) who agreed with him as near best player. But did they win 2 games because of Cripps or just win two games. He played just as well in so many other games with no impact. Contested beasts need others to finish off their work which Carlton don’t have ( Oliver/Melbourne, Kennedy/Sydney, Mitchell/Hawks do).

Bont’s style wins the game by himself. We win a lot of games when he gets the 3 votes. Cripps has been given BOG in a lot of losses.

I’ll take Bont any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bont vs Cripps is a choice of Pendlebury vs Kennedy.
Either way you'll be happy but I'm taking the guy with more skill.
That's a good comparison. Kennedy in 2016 GF had 1 good half. Bont just kept doing the great things and like Pendles, time seems to slow down when the ball is in their hands.

After seeing this thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jed-anderson-already-out-the-door-for-2019.1203932/ I decided to check the updated Bulldogs team list. Hmmm. Looks like Mitch Wallis (#3), Luke Dahlhaus (#6), Tom Campbell (#15) and Shane Biggs (#24) aren't on the Bulldogs' current player list either. This continues the trend of Jake Stringer (#9) not being on the Bulldogs' current team list this time last year.

Edit. Whoops, forgot to scroll right.

After seeing this thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jed-anderson-already-out-the-door-for-2019.1203932/ I decided to check the updated Bulldogs team list. Hmmm. Looks like Mitch Wallis (#3), Luke Dahlhaus (#6), Tom Campbell (#15) and Shane Biggs (#24) aren't on the Bulldogs' current player list either. This continues the trend of Jake Stringer (#9) not being on the Bulldogs' current team list this time last year.

Edit. Whoops, forgot to scroll right.
Phew.
The place would have been in meltdown if you'd reported that Crozier, Cordy, Roberts, Libba, Porter, Dale, Daniel, Picken and Jong were also leaving.

I was surprised at the possible exit of Shiel and Lobb but there's no reason to think it cap forcing them out. I expected us to hold them to their contracts but I accept what McCartney said and it's about reading them before FA if they intend to go then

Another classic Bokky, no salary cap issues at GWS, just part of there grand recruiting plan tipping out a gun midfielder and there only AFL standard ruckman when they should be contending for a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back