Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

All honestly, the last team you would want to play for are the dogs if you wanted success. Yes we have Been Terrible for the last 5 years but the dogs have been irrelevant for 60+... surely mckay knows what we are building and how exciting it’s going to be

Classic Carlton supporter attitude.

Has McKay ever seen anything higher than a middle of the road Carlton in his lifetime?

Yeah, they’re willfully blind to the fact that most young players in the league now have at best only ever seen Carlton play a handful of finals a decade ago, when they were kids, and have otherwise known them purely as a dysfunctional cellar dwellar and hopeless cause.

From the Carlton board re that horrendus trade made by SOS. :rainbow:

The problem with this trade is that people want to see it as a win. It's not about that, it's not about beating Adelaide at something, it's about getting the best result for us.

Stocker turns out to be a good player and this year's first pick is used well then what Adelaide do with their first pick is irrelevant.

We rated Stocker at 6, we will get Adelaide's first pick which will be around 10-14. If you could trade pick 1-4 for picks 6 and 10-14 you probably would.

Everytime people in the media talk about this they forget we took a player rated at 6 and they completely forget that we have Adelaide's first round pick this year. You would think we traded this year's first for last year's 19th. This is a good trade for us.

If the players we get don't turn out then that's not the fact it was a bad trade, it's because it was bad recruiting.

In the end I think Stocker is going to be pretty good and I think that we will trade Adelaide's first away this season as we would have if we had our first so it's going to work out well.

Side note: I can’t believe Aaron Naughton is only 7 months older than their 0 game lord and saviour Max King.
How good is that. Is there a more glorious sight than Aaron Naughton flying at a football? I re-watched the Richmond game a few days ago. It’s just spectacular the way he launches.

How good is that. Is there a more glorious sight than Aaron Naughton flying at a football? I re-watched the Richmond game a few days ago. It’s just spectacular the way he launches.
Same. I've got all our wins from the past few seasons on IQ. Between that and BBL, I'll get through summer.. Just.

How I’ve been looking at it, you have to ask one question. Who of this 5 would get a game for Richmond. Answer is 4 out of the 5 and Howard would be the one that misses out. If you look at it like that it’s an undeniable hugely successful trade period.

st kilda supporter gold. Trade week wins.

one of those 5 joined the Saints because he couldn’t get a game for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had the Essendon demolition on in the background today and that mark in the first where he comes from nowhere and snatches the mark out of the defender’s hands. He can do some extraordinary stuff.

His mark in the last quarter of the Suns loss where he was running with the flight and marked in his hands facing away from the ball is one of the best marks I’ve ever seen.

To be fair, Lloyd was the same for us

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with picking up Richmond depth players, but when you try and pump up said player as part of a group of four recruits who'd get a game for the reigning premiers when that's the exact reason he's at Moorabbin now is bay 13 material.

From the Geelong board:

‘Footscray and StKilda are being talked up for next year - gunna make the 8 - or even the top 4 - wow

No i would be laying both of them to miss the 8 - Dogs where a mile off it in that final against GWS - absolutely belted the inside 50 count’

From the Geelong board:

‘Footscray and StKilda are being talked up for next year - gunna make the 8 - or even the top 4 - wow

No i would be laying both of them to miss the 8 - Dogs where a mile off it in that final against GWS - absolutely belted the inside 50 count’
Geez, has said person missed some of the Cats' performances in finals in recent years.. To write a team off based on one final is interesting. We weren't a mile off it against them a few weeks earlier...

Geez, has said person missed some of the Cats' performances in finals in recent years.. To write a team off based on one final is interesting. We weren't a mile off it against them a few weeks earlier...

just the normal inflated Geelong opinion, they were crap after the bye, no matter how they try they can’t beat that bye.

And as for that charletain Peter Gordon angling for us to get the boot, that has to be the ultimate rocket for our club to fire back!
That p!ss ant club of his has absolutely no business trying to dictate to us about who is vulnerable! Premiership or no premiership they will always
Be sh!tkickers and our bitches, who will always be inferior to us!

this is all-time.

The Bulldogs: have a flag in every conscious supporter’s lifetime, and mathematically double overall of the Saints. Reasonably secure finances. 66 per cent grand final winning record.

St Kilda: most supporters wouldn’t remember their flag, which is the only success they’ve had despite being one of the oldest clubs. A mess off the field. 12.5 per cent grand final winning record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back