Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clayton needs to be sacked for passing on McDonald

That was literally a no brainer to pick him
Totally agree much more difficult to land a dominant KPF the good ones mostly come in the first few picks. And they take a mid which can be found out into the 40 Worpel as an example.
And for the Roos it could be the difference between staying in Melbourne or facing relocation

Totally agree much more difficult to land a dominant KPF the good ones mostly come in the first few picks. And they take a mid which can be found out into the 40 Worpel as an example.
And for the Roos it could be the difference between staying in Melbourne or facing relocation

Plus the top end of this draft is almost entirely mids.

Max King is a bust according to one thread on the Saints board.

Whenever I feel a little down or bored I roll over to the Aints board and have a little read of their dribble.

Everything from glad they didn’t draft Bailey Smith to Treloar only playing for us because they couldn’t do a trade.

I think they have silver poisoning from all the spoons in their cutlery draw

I read that as facing relegation

It'd be a damn sight easier to stomach without the dead-shites of Melbourne's football media constantly carping on about North's salvation and deliverance being in Hobart, whereas those same talking heads (many of whom have never pulled on a footy boot in their lives) have never forgiven North for giving their commentary and "expert opinion" the finger back in 2008 when those same clowns reckoned that the Gold Coast was the only thing that would save them. Yet since 2008, despite good and bad seasons North have retired their $9 million of debt, grew membership and redeveloped Arden Street. Besides winning a flag, what else could they possibly want? I have never heard Caro Wilson, Craig Hutchison or the rest of those tools ever talk of relocating Saint Kilda or Melbourne. No it's always North and that shites me! Even yesterday, the game was a Roo culling, there's no other description ... okay, it was game played with our team at its lowest point of development of a new coaching staff and 12 new players. I didn't expect a miracle and neither did the rest of the Roos supporters who turned up to support their team. I went on the record a few days before and acknowledged that we were in for a football lesson from the Dogs. But the game hadn't even finished and I had to listen to commentators questioning North's right to host the GF game. I've never heard those same commentators ever question Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond or Melbourne's right to host big event games during the times when each of those clubs were struggling over the last two decades.

No, it pisses me and many other North supporters off. It's as though the Roos are in a constant battle against Melbourne's media for the legitimacy and validity of their club as one of the oldest teams in Melbourne to be recognised. Irrespective of the club's current on field performance, that doesn't bother me in the least because all clubs have had their highs and lows. I've seen it from both sides and this is North's lowest point in 48 years, but personally I remain confident that they will rise through it.
Nobody said any of those things in the mid 70s or late 90s. Persevere, keep supporting, pray for a Sam Power, there are a lot who are with you, sister. Your modest disclaimer notwithstanding, sic ASIO onto them all.

Last edited:
Whenever I feel a little down or bored I roll over to the Aints board and have a little read of their dribble.

Everything from glad they didn’t draft Bailey Smith to Treloar only playing for us because they couldn’t do a trade.

I think they have silver poisoning from all the spoons in their cutlery draw
When I have free time like recently, I tend to do the same. Weekly amusement.

..and on this Board. North have twice won 2 premierships taking advantage of strong teams, '75 & 77 and again 96 & 99. We've let 2 premiership teams disintegrate, 54 and 16. North is in dire straits, we've been there. I don't get the angst.
I personally think our 16 side (whilst only half that side remain) have a couple of premierships left in them. We're in a good spot age wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think our 16 side (whilst only half that side remain) have a couple of premierships left in them. We're in a good spot age wise.

Yeah we have a tough fixture, with two games each against Port, Suns and West Coast but two games against the Roos and GWS. What is good is we play Sydney and Adelaide later in the year, when young teams start to tire.

All the Saints supporters have gone quiet. Remember when their supporters were saying how good they were and how many members they had on this board and the main board.

Good times.

They are so sad, I don’t have the heart.

Not about us, but funny nonetheless

8920effb9c976023f0e297febf261cf5.jpg

Zach Merrett...
“He’s as good as Jackson Macrae

Brisbane supporter:

Are the Dogs midfield group better than ours as most seem to be suggesting?

Lachie Neale - Marcus Bontempelli.
Jarryd Lyons - Tom Liberatore.
Zac Bailey - Adam Treloar.
Jarrod Berry - Lachie Hunter.
Hugh McCluggage - Jack Macrae.
Dayne Zorko - Bailey Smith.
Mitch Robinson - Josh Dunkely.
Tom Berry - Lachlan McNeil.
Deven Robertson - Laitham Vandermeer.

Don't really see that much in it, very even groups IMO, Lachie Neale out would be a big loss though

Whole thread has its moments 9f delusion. Hipwood A grade ... lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back