Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This from a Richmond supporter last night...

Oh the irony.
Its like they forgot the goal from either last years PF or QF where Dusty chucked it to Jack who kicked the winner. Think it might have been the PF i have blanked that from my memory.

Also convenient they mention the Danger through, but not the fact he was taken high in the marking contest that lead up to it. So either free to Danger or Ablett goal, you pick.

1602936015521.png

worst case scenario out of the prelims.

Side note both burton & birch miss out and what you know both end the game with injuries

To the game one will claim to be a dynasty in the same ilk as us, the other well geelong nothing else needs to be said.

first GF where don't want either team to win.

Covid Cup can 2020 be over with

To be fair, the Richmond Dynasty barely matches the Geelong one even with back 2 back because they kept getting interstate opponents on their home ground, and if they lose to us in Brisbane in the GF it proves their dynasty doesn't even match the Adelaide 97/98 dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol @ the hawks melting. It warms the heart to know they still hate us, I started to forget them.

Thats great to hear.... all greta heroes need a great villain ... all great teams need a great advisory... and that our clubs maintain certain disdain between us is only good for us... In a way a Haw that bounces back to being 'competitive' will only be good for geelong.

If you want a good example of the infinitely fragile Richmond supporter ego in action, this Facebook thread is a good example (also if you use FB the page is worth following, they post good stuff).

The page literally has Richmond players as its header image, and if you look over the posts it's clearly done a very good job of staying neutral in terms of teams but the barest scent of criticism overloads the flight or flight response on these very interesting specimens of football supporter.

Oh the irony. This on the Tiggers board.

Did you forget about their cheating and how the umps assist with that?????
Hawkins will be shoving our guys in the back, Danger will be flopping, diving and throwing while Selwood will be ducking and throwing his head back at every opportunity, with all his minions following along. Then there will be Ablett throwing arms and elbows about.
It will all be about how much the umps fall for it all.
Let’s just hope we play well enough that none of that matter.

This from a supporter of a mob that has Grimes diving with reckless abandon, Vlaustin who is fortunate he hasn't missed games with whiplash he flicks his head back so often in stock standard tackles, Lynch and Riewoldt who go to ground and throw their arms out and give the umpires puppy dog eyes at the slightest contact, and the list goes on and on.

Oh my lord. Some Richmond fan on FB thinks the modern Tigers side is on par with our 2009 side.

So a side with the likes of Baker, Balta, Bolton, Broad, Graham, Lambert, McIntosh, Nankervis, Pickett, Rioli, Short and Vlaustin is on par with a side containing Ablett in his prime, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Hawkins, Johnson, Kelly, Ling, Milburn, Mooney, Ottens, Scarlett, Scarlett and Selwood.

FFS, they are a delusional bunch.

Oh my lord. Some Richmond fan on FB thinks the modern Tigers side is on par with our 2009 side.

So a side with the likes of Baker, Balta, Bolton, Broad, Graham, Lambert, McIntosh, Nankervis, Pickett, Rioli, Short and Vlaustin is on par with a side containing Ablett in his prime, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Hawkins, Johnson, Kelly, Ling, Milburn, Mooney, Ottens, Scarlett, Scarlett and Selwood.

JFC.
They aren't even in the same league as the hawks 3peat team, who weren't in the same league as the Cats 3 flag team (talentwise).
Our 2009 team had Champions and future HoFers across every line and beside those outright stars of the game.

JFC.
They aren't even in the same league as the hawks 3peat team, who weren't in the same league as the Cats 3 flag team (talentwise).
Our 2009 team had Champions and future HoFers across every line and beside those outright stars of the game.

Would be funny watching Lynch try his tough man act with the likes of Scarlo, Milburn and Rooke around though. He'd probably be left in the corner of the changerooms in a foetal position rocking back and forth and refusing to come back on after half time if that match-up ever eventuated.

Aren't there only a handful of players from the 2009 team who didn't make All Australian at some point of their careers?

Varcoe, Blake, Byrnes, Rooke and Wojcinski are the only ones I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back