Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair we would be saying the same thing if it was one of our players
Really?

I know some made throw away comments after Kelly left last year, but I don't recall too much along those lines when players have left

Really?

I know some made throw away comments after Kelly left last year, but I don't recall too much along those lines when players have left
I don’t think it would be at that level but if if we had a 3 time premiership playing leaving to play at Hawthorn I’d wager that there would be strong reactions too

I don’t think it would be at that level but if if we had a 3 time premiership playing leaving to play at Hawthorn I’d wager that there would be strong reactions too

Given the most important thing on here now seems to be how much we’re in opposition fans’ heads I think it’s a fairly safe bet.

Mannnnn, I thought it'd just be the 'opposition thread' that had comments in it, but no - Hawthorn have an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Isaac Smith leaving to Geelong. I present....

AN UPDATE FROM THE FAMILY CLUB
(a selection of quotes from pages 1-8 of the 18 page Hawthorn board "Isaac Goes to Geelong" thread)

Sam Edmund said on SEN we are desperate for him to stay and Clarkson has been in his ear.
I will be filthy if he walks out.

He was overlooked for captaincy/VC two years ago which did sting him. Think he looks at the club a bit differently now so I don't expect him to make the silly emotional choice and stay if there is a substantially better deal out there for him.

Our offer is pretty fair, dees one is just the extra year but I’m sure our offer has a trigger for a 3rd if he meets requirements. It will be disappointing if he leaves. He can enjoy wasting his career either at a retirement village (Geelong ) or a mentally pathetic weak rabble of a club (dees). Won’t be any harsh words about him If he goes dees , personally from me though. He is a hawks champion and was a big part.

If he takes the extra deal and heads to Dees then I will wish him well and he remains one of my favorite all time Hawks. If he takes a similar deal and goes to the Cats, then he can go and get f’ed in my books!
I hope he goes to Dees on 3 years but, we kinda need to move forward into a new era. Now is the time.

Surely if Smith leaves, he must of had a falling out somewhere along the line.
It’s not like he is getting a godfather offer from another club

I must admit, I’m less bothered if Smith leaves than I thought I would*. When he was injured to end the season, we saw what Cousins could do and we need space for more of the same opportunity while we aren’t challenging with further games into Moore, Finn etc (perhaps even Downie).

*It’d still absolutely hurt watching him in hoops

This is where they find out he's going to Geelong*

I'm going to be sick.

Hes cooked. What a way to destroy a legacy. Get f’ed!

Not really.

If he leaves then any compo we would have got will vanish with the Hartigan free agent move.

The Hawks would be forced to trade for Hartigan so that it does not dilute the Como for Issac.

I for one hope that Issac stays a Hawk.

*Except this Bay13 identity, who's a bit dim ^^^^

Man this ******* sucks.

It makes all the sense in the world for Smith and he'll be a good player on any ground.

But seeing him in navy and white hoops is going to suck.

Gone to Cats. Fk.

Disgusting. Gone from triple premiership player to villain in one "foul" swoop.

Bit pissed to be honest.

No extra money or length, seems like a kick in the guts.

I am shocked, pissed off and really disappointed. He gifted them two games over the last few years with missed goals late and after the siren. In a few days i'll calm down as he has been awesome for us - but for today - fu** the campaigner!

Can this year get any fu**en better?? :mad: :mad::thumbsdown:

Talk about pissing all over your legacy.

Look I am all for smith exploring his options but frickin Geelong.... One of our biggest rivals where Smith lost two games by missing goals. Stinkin effort Isaac.

Any more proof needed that we are not a destination club ? What a kick in the guts.... He prefers to play for Scott Ahead of Clarko...

Wrong move by Issac. That mob ain't winning any premiership soon, they had their chance this year when the AFL did everything they could to give them the advantage.

Is this a typical Hawthorn trade? As in teams come in and take our best players for nothing?

It says more about Smith then it does about our club.

LOL, no it doesn't, mate.

Will now be my most hated player. Can we strip him off his medals?

This is worse than what Buddy did. At least Buddy went on a better contract, we actually offered Smith a better contract.

Ok, recovered from the initial shock.

Has been a very consistent player for us over the years. Hasn't really shown any age drop off when you look at his stats sheet, although this year is hard to assess with the injury and shorter quarters. Perfect type for Geelong, the kind of player that makes a good team better. Perceptions of his form dropping for us in recent years isn't backed up by the stats, and is really more about him being less effective in a less effective team. Hopefully we can organise our other trades to get at least some compo, but given what we got for others in similar situations, it is hard to be optimistic on that front.

Of the players that have left for other clubs in recent years, Smith probably has the most still left in him, so it is disappointing from that point of view, but at least its from a spot on the ground where we appear to have a few prospects on the list, or likely to arrive via draft. Hope we can bounce back from this year's form quickly, and we don't spend too long down the bottom, because watching Smith win 2 seasons worth of games against us in the blue and white hoops is going to ******* hurt.

You go to the handbaggers you are dead to me. Hopefully we trade a token pick for Hartigan and use the compensation pick to help us get pick 12 (from the Bulldogs) and Downie.

We have given him plenty. He has no loyalty whatsoever.

He cost us our last good chance of a flag. Can’t say I wish him any luck at all. Depressing lack of loyalty.

I am more pissed that he went to the Cats but can understand why he would consider that.
But I think this will be a good thing for the club and allows the new breed to mark their territory and will be given all the opportunities to do so without reliance on the older brigade. This off season feels like a genuine changing of the guard and wouldn't be surprised to see another older player moved on.

Yet to read a report to mention compensation of any sort. Have said from the start this was going down the Waite path, fair to say this is looking quite accurate.

On your bike and never come back. Any other club. Only positive it will fu** there list in a few years hopefully they don't pinch one in the mean time!

On G8141 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Free agency winners they call us
Hope he does a mark shotgun Williams on them

I hope he enjoy's the thunderous boo's when he fronts at the G against us.
Yes understand Higgins chasing a flag,but what's the difference at the end of the day if you've won
3 or 4. There's no more $$ on offer and you'd swap being a one club loved great player versus
a grubby traitor..... Unless they get a new coach he isn't winning anymore flags!

Last edited:
Mannnnn, I thought it'd just be the 'opposition thread' that had comments in it, but no - Hawthorn have an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Isaac Smith leaving to Geelong. I present....

AN UPDATE FROM THE FAMILY CLUB
(a selection of quotes from pages 1-8 of the 18 page Hawthorn board "Isaac Goes to Geelong" thread)

This is where they find out he's going to Geelong*

*Except this Bay13 identity, who's a bit dim ^^^^

LOL, no it doesn't, mate.
They're taking it well then it seems

I kind of want to read the other 10 pages, but I think I'll save them for a rainy day :)
It's funny the contrast between the Hawfies and the Tuggers boards, both have post after post about us although it's in a pretty sad state now the old Hawks board. The Tuggers board is still just fueled by utter hatred due to the years of whippings we handed them. I guess winning a flag against can't wash the taste of Geelong dick outta thier mouths ;)

It's funny the contrast between the Hawfies and the Tuggers boards, both have post after post about us although it's in a pretty sad state now the old Hawks board. The Tuggers board is still just fueled by utter hatred due to the years of whippings we handed them. I guess winning a flag against can't wash the taste of Geelong dick outta thier mouths ;)

Hahaha - that's absolutely true. 3 flags still hasn't won them any respect either - some psychology PhD should do their doctorate on the Richmond supporterbase. Would be phenomenal.

hahahahahah missed this beauty

I dont know how Izzy could do it, imagine changing clubs so he could stand on the podium at the end of the year for the handbaggers. Following instructions from sookwood and dangerflog. It would totally wreck his legacy at Hawthorn. No one from hawthorn would ever talk to him again and what for, so he can have all of the city of Geelong loving him?

hahahahahah missed this beauty
haha "no one at hawthorn would ever talk to him again"

my gut feeling here is that he probably doesn't want footy forum nuffies talking to him anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The overwhelming thing that sticks out about that diatribe is the part where the AFL allegedly did all they could to help us win the comp. Um, how, exactly?

Well you know by...um....letting us play on our cheat gro...no wait, no...um, by making us play finals at a venue that wasn't our opponents home gro....oh, no that's not it....

Who knows - those guys are the second most deluded supporterbase in the league!

Smith played 210 games for the Hawks, winning 3 flags. Yet they think he's ruining his legacy for playing a couple of seasons for us and trying to finish with 1 more flag.

Imagine if we acted like Chapman, Kelly, Stevie J, Stokes etc ruined their legacy by leaving us.

*, look at the love Varcoe gets from Cats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back