Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I never remember being this hated but to have Hawks and Tigs, both big clubs who've had success, so fixated on our success or failure is a credit to us.

Feels a bit like this at the moment...

All the little nicknames they have too are universally bad and pathetic: “Geelol”, “Brad Sook”, “Porkins”, “Scats”

It’s primary school stuff.
To be Debbie Downer, I've seen plenty of references to "Ninthmond", "Bitchmond", "Poos & Wees", #lolNorf etc on this board so....yeah, we can't really claim the moral high ground here ;)

I used to scratch my head about why we were so hated but now I just accept it is due to the sustained success we've had at appearing in September.

Hopefully we can finally add another cup to the trophy cabinet. It'll be...

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

I think maybe this should go here since they will attract the flies like s***, but kind of embarrassing to see all those Geelong threads bumped on M/B. Would be nice just to see actual discussion about the match ups. I bet every oppo trope will get a run on each of them.

I think maybe this should go here since they will attract the flies like s***, but kind of embarrassing to see all those Geelong threads bumped on M/B. Would be nice just to see actual discussion about the match ups. I bet every oppo trope will get a run on each of them.
Can't wait if we win if it becomes about our cheat ground even though we have a better MCG record than a lot of MCG tenants have...

Had a quick scan of the Comedy board. Mostly the usual hate posts but then you get an insightful and profound gem like this:

“Geelong are kind of a rubbish team, nothing different to their game as far as I can see”

This was posted after the PF!

Last edited:
I never remember being this hated but to have Hawks and Tigs, both big clubs who've had success, so fixated on our success or failure is a credit to us.

It is really weird.

It sounds like heresy in hindsight but I was actually going for Richmond in the 2017 GF, and I didn't begrudge them at all for 2019. I thought they worked through their injuries incredibly well and it was a campaign worthy of a premiership.

Maybe because footy isn't life and death to me like many on the comedy board, but I just can't imagine a Richmond supporter saying that about Geelong this year, or in our glory years.

With them It's always something about our Home ground, Steve Hocking, Brad/Chris Scott, Danger, Umpires, Salary cap advantages, Steroids, and more recently Prestia and Stewart.

The list just goes on and on....they genuinely just can't admit that we're a well run club. It's just ****** football!!! Why they get so caught up in the conspiracy theories is beyond me.

It is really weird.

It sounds like heresy in hindsight but I was actually going for Richmond in the 2017 GF, and I didn't begrudge them at all for 2019. I thought they worked through their injuries incredibly well and it was a campaign worthy of a premiership.

Maybe because footy isn't life and death to me like many on the comedy board, but I just can't imagine a Richmond supporter saying that about Geelong this year, or in our glory years.

With them It's always something about our Home ground, Steve Hocking, Brad/Chris Scott, Danger, Umpires, Salary cap advantages, Steroids, and more recently Prestia and Stewart.

The list just goes on and on....they genuinely just can't admit that we're a well run club. It's just ****** football!!! Why they get so caught up in the conspiracy theories is beyond me.
There is sometimes a begrudging respect between Cats and Hawks posters when one team beats a mutual enemy, actually thought the Hawks would be on our side since most Hawfies I know haven't gotten over 2012.

But man, if my team won 3 flags in 4 years I know for sure I wouldn't have another team in my head rent free. Maybe the Tiggies fans are worried about another 40 odd years of nothing.

It is really weird.

Yeah I went for them in 2017. Think I regret that now haha.
I've said it before and I'm clearly biased about our team and even our supporters, however I can concede we have some mad supporters.
I don't think the majority in our forum are crazy though. We bemoaned Richmond's success at times and thus I would expect to read comments like "I hope Geelong don't win, I'm sick of them etc" but the majority of their forum actually peddle conspiracies about Brad Scott and Hocking conspiring to dismantle Richmond and ensure Geelong success. I've gotten sucked in to arguing and saying "surely you're not serious" but it's a waste of time, they are fixated on it and an absolute mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be Debbie Downer, I've seen plenty of references to "Ninthmond", "Bitchmond", "Poos & Wees", #lolNorf etc on this board so....yeah, we can't really claim the moral high ground here ;)

I used to scratch my head about why we were so hated but now I just accept it is due to the sustained success we've had at appearing in September.

Hopefully we can finally add another cup to the trophy cabinet. It'll be...

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

I think the sustained success is a part of it.
Being a destination club is annoying for people too.
There’s a strong perception out there that Geelong were guilty of something by dealing with Stephen Dank and got away with it.

There is sometimes a begrudging respect between Cats and Hawks posters when one team beats a mutual enemy, actually thought the Hawks would be on our side since most Hawfies I know haven't gotten over 2012.

But man, if my team won 3 flags in 4 years I know for sure I wouldn't have another team in my head rent free. Maybe the Tiggies fans are worried about another 40 odd years of nothing.
Yeah I agree with this. I don't like Hawthorn at all but it's a hate because they beat us in grand finals, because they are arrogant, because they are successful etc almost a love to hate.

Richmond are insane, I've come to hate them mostly because of how aggressively they illogically attack us and it makes no sense. They do the whole "we're rent free in your head" etc....You've won 3 flags since we last did! Why are you so obsessed with us? Think we're the ones renting space.

I know if we win on Saturday I won't be thinking about Richmond, I'll enjoying the damn win!

Yeah I went for them in 2017. Think I regret that now haha.
I've said it before and I'm clearly biased about our team and even our supporters, however I can concede we have some mad supporters.
I don't think the majority in our forum are crazy though. We bemoaned Richmond's success at times and thus I would expect to read comments like "I hope Geelong don't win, I'm sick of them etc" but the majority of their forum actually peddle conspiracies about Brad Scott and Hocking conspiring to dismantle Richmond and ensure Geelong success. I've gotten sucked in to arguing and saying "surely you're not serious" but it's a waste of time, they are fixated on it and an absolute mess.
Because that's ALL they got, sustained success has taken away most of the tools in their toolbox of jealousy.

Hawfies board is grand reading. Supporting the Colas, calling it evil v evil, comparing this year to 2014 with them hoping a Swans win is on the cards. Except Hawfs/Swans 2014 was against two experienced teams that had won the previous two years and knew how to get it done in a PF.

So they go the obvious 2008 reference. I can see that, Swans are young, some experience at the top, but 2008 was the best two teams in the league the whole season, finished 1 and 2, comfortable finals run. Also they neglect it was a Hawks team built from tanking.

They are going to need a whole lot of copium if we get up.

Seems they want Buddy to get one last flag then retire.

Amazing the Triggies fans thought they got cheated by ARC when the maths behind it showed it was a point, a fan camera at the ground showed it was a point, and you could see when he kicked it that it didn't look like a goal and Lynch didn't celebrate in his typical campaigner style. Instead he had that dopey look on his face when he realises he missed a sitter.

But the Triggies still think they were dudded :$
:$:$
Expecting richmond fans to acknowledge or understand maths….you are funny

Otherwise very normal work colleague who just happens to be a Richmond supporter coming out with "you guys have had an easy run through the finals" and "your home ground is unfair to other teams" gear this morning.

Sure bud, the team that you guys couldn't beat and a rabid Collingwood at the G was an easy run. Now, if we had played Richmond, then I'd agree it was an easy run.

I love being Hated just makes me so happy, and it's hard to get the smile off my face, to know they are losing sleep thinking about Geelong........and never have and never will look at there board
I admire your commitment. I can't help checking the Board in question from time to time just to see the depths these 'human beings', mods included, will go to vent their spleens. I am no psychologist but there is enough material on that site to write a text book about deflection, denial, hatred and envy.

It’s good for a laugh, especially when they’re absolutely convinced they should’ve been in the PF and would’ve smashed us. Sorry tiggies, you finished 7th for a reason and you lost in the EF because you weren’t good enough, also your backline this year was garbage.
Interesting my Tigers mate last night said no way would they have beaten the Cats if they'd got through, and that Dusty checked out some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back