Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've seen it here, too? Really? Examples please.
How about the league is out to get us because the pre finals bye was introduced just to stop us? Same with the third man up rule which Blicavs was a God at?

I’m not going to go looking through half decade old threads just to appease you but real ones remember.

Sky- here's the first two posts from their oppo board (reply is from a mod), the rest is from their GF thread:

Gotta love the scats fan drawing on a home and away win as a memorable moment hahahahahahahahaha on page 7 complete with youtube clip

"Especially when they hired a hitman to take out our best mid and scored a goal while he was being helped by medical staff in a game where the result was less than a goal."

"The main issue I have with Geelong is hocking changing the rules, particularly stand rule to combat Richmond, then heading back to Geelong who win the next year’s flag.just a terrible look.

Reminds me of how in primary school kids would try to change the rules and start the game again when they could see they were going to lose."

"s**t club , s**t song , s**t litter park , flog coach , flog captain, and inbred campaigner supporters . Minnows"

"Even if we made the grand final this year we would have beaten the handbaggers in the preliminary"

"Manipulate the rules…win"

"Geelongs old blokes playing with suspicious energy and burst speed out of nowhere. Had a visit from bomber?"

"Typical good Ol bloke…the campaigner Stewart……elbow to a players head…no free…or downfield…won’t get reported bc it’s a scat"

"Well done geelol. Only took multiple rule changes , having your coaches brother influencing the umps, media ppl sooking on your behalf , getting the game to change to suit your style and multiple sooks to win the flag but you finally did it"

"Not to mention completely destroying the look and feel of game in the process. The game is a joke compared to what it used to be before the rule changes."

they don't deserve a thing after their ceo brought in terrible untested rules then took off back to the club

"Iirc he tested them with Sooklong before they were introduced ??"

"This smells like another drug cheating season how can all these 30 plus year olds outrun these younger swans"

"Cats need Richmond's help to win a flag

Grigg, stengle

Without us they are nothing"

These past two years the amount of clear dodgy ump calls against us is even greater.
Suspiciously coinciding with the 2020 year where the afl hated our guts. First time I actually believe there is corruptness against us in this game

"Corruptness is rife in this game, how do you think the Cats got to the GF"

"That tackle by Papley on Miers before and the umpire said no prior. Sums up everything since the end of 2020 to get Geelong at flag at at costs."

"And right on queue Danger nailed in a tackle but play on. When they line up the firing squad against the wall in no particular order I'll go Whatley, Shocking, Gil, Brad Scott then his brother. Apologies if I've missed anyone"

"Biggest crowd since 1986 according to CH7. Absolute BS. I reckon it's around 97,000 to 98,000 today. In 2017 and 2019 they listed 100,024 each and no doubt there would have been heaps more in the standing room areas that the AFL will never provide figures for."

"The absolute Gold standard of an Asterisk flag if Ive ever seen one.

Geelong fear a level playing field because they know they can't win it on merit. They are cowards.

This flag ain't hard earned, it's not even moderately earned. It's an inheritance of circumstances tilted in their favour.

Hocking had to change the rules to win it and brother Scott sealed the deal.

On the field, had to flop, duck and dive all year to finish top 4. Against us they had to snipe our best player Prestia to beat us this year.

The umps had to destroy us weekly and, and arc review had to be used to prevent us from coming up against them.

This flag literally means nothing other than confirming the table is tilted and takes their more public figureheads reputation as self entitled knobs to a new level.

More pertinently, it's an appetiser to a main course we are begging for called 2023. They can't avoid us for ever.

The hunt is ******* on!"

Another mod:

"Sorrounded by cats supporters. They treat a gf win like its a home and away game, no passion"

All it took for Geelong to win was:

• A farcical ARC call to deny Richmond.
  • 3 years of rule changes all designed to benefit Geelong.
  • The AFL's General Manager of Football Operations becoming Club CEO (Brother is also a club legend.)
  • The Umpires boss being the twin of the current Coach.
  • AFL giving Geelong permission to trade their first rounder 3 years in a row despite rules sttaing that this was not allowed.
  • A former Richmond player joining their coaching ranks.
  • A former Richmond player joining theit playing list.

#LookedAfter

"All it took for Richmond to win 3 flags:

One honesty session with players opening up and sharing everything"

"Says a lot about character and culture Smith wearing his Norm Smith medal to collect his team medal"

"Something isn’t right with this flag geesook outlast a young pies team and overrun a young bears team and overrun from the get go of a young swans team this reeks of dank proportions"

"I know right.

So even though EVERYONE is saying it EVERYWHERE, you still don't want to accept it.

I mean, i am pretty sure if Benny Gale was head of the AFL umps and changed the rules to suit us, you would feel suss. And then if we replaced Benny Gale with Dimma's sister .... its actually the most ridiculous s**t ive ever heard. The conflict of interest is outrageous."

That's the highlights of what has been the most Trumpian crazy s**t I've read on all my time on BF. We're not being crazy, the level of conspiratorial nonsense has reached levels I've never seen in the BF community, lol. You can have your own perspective, but since they've become relevant again, they have become the most unbearable group of supporters- that get worse every time they don't win games or the flag - blaming everyone and everything for that, rather than their own inadequacy. It is truly impossible trying to carry on an objective conversation with the vast majority of them, without it becoming about them, a troll or hate fest against us, or them completely losing their s**t.

Like I said, you read all that and you tell me if you still think we're being unfair.

Locking this thread, again

Cleaning is needed but there's more important things to do first, and that's before even considering if this thread should be reopened...

We've just won the premiership, so maybe it's time to move on from worrying about what's said on other boards and enjoy our win rather than focusing on negatives from elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back