Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpyHolden

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
What a crock of s**t.

I don't think that it's relevant as a footy discussion. That in no way justifies those allegations surrounding my attitude, though seems likely you're just trolling yet again. More fool me I suppose...
Yet when an opposition player xxxxx up threads are opened everywhere, why are they relevant and this one not?

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
He won't get kicked out because it's only allegations but if any player were to be charged and found guilty of something untoward against a female i would expect them kicked out ASAP.

Strange how on our own board there isn't a thread on this subject.
And yeah lethal was charged and is in the HOF

That is why many are pointing out the hypocrisicsy of such a statement from that flog.

And you’re right it is only allegations at this stage.

But please continue your drivel about how much more aware you are over us plebs.

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
He won't get kicked out because it's only allegations but if any player were to be charged and found guilty of something untoward against a female i would expect them kicked out ASAP.

Strange how on our own board there isn't a thread on this subject.
I'm not buying it tbh. Why didn't said person come out with it in the 80s and 90s when he was a God among men...

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not buying it tbh. Why didn't said person come out with it in the 80s and 90s when he was a God among men...
To be fair there could be a lot of reasons why she could had stayed quiet..fear, publicity, backlash...not to mention that is it nortioursly difficult to get a conviction in cases like theses.

However, it is a bit grubby that individuals would troll on the issues and then use it as a means to target supporters from opposition clubs.

It has nothing to do with the GFC, not to mention the hypocrisy of saying that if a person is charged they shouldn’t be in the HOF when their own personal hero was charged with assault and sits in the HOF

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
To be fair there could be a lot of reasons why she could had stayed quiet..fear, publicity, backlash...not to mention that is it nortioursly difficult to get a conviction in cases like theses.

However, it is a bit grubby that individuals would troll on the issues and then use it as a means to target supporters from opposition clubs.

It has nothing to do with the GFC, not to mention the hypocrisy of saying that if a person is charged they shouldn’t be in the HOF when their own personal hero was charged with assault and sits in the HOF
Should be off limits even on the Bay.

JumpyHolden

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No one has to buy it because it's only an allegation so far, police will come to a conclusion when fully investigated. There's speculation that the person may have been underage and could have been afraid to bring it to someones attention but see it differently now. My main point is if he is found guilty he should be kicked out of the Hall of Fame and that is relevant to footy.

Deep

Genius on Drugs
Jun 16, 2017
Waterfall Gully
AFL Club
Geelong
No one has to buy it because it's only an allegation so far, police will come to a conclusion when fully investigated. There's speculation that the person may have been underage and could have been afraid to bring it to someones attention but see it differently now. My main point is if he is found guilty he should be kicked out of the Hall of Fame and that is relevant to footy.
I don't believe you could find genuine evidence of something that happened over 30 years ago, at least not the type that you'd need in this type of scenario.

It shouldn't matter what Gary has or has not done. Nothing he has done in his life changes the fact he's one of the best footballers to ever live therefore shouldn't be kicked out of the HOF because there's no relevance. However nobody here will defend him if he is found to be guilty.

Last edited:
That's where your xxxxxxx wrong, back in the day it was difficult for women but it's different now and women may feel more comfortable speaking out and if a grub no matter who did anything wrong they should be dealt with. By your reply i get a feeling you think that a champion player is above it all and if they abused, raped or had sex with a minor it's ok, that was the sort of answer i expected from some on here.

We don't actually care what your "feeling" is ...how you came to that conclusion from Landgraft 's post is extreme to say the least. Keep your accusations concerning other posters attitudes to serious illegal sexual offenses to yourself. ...

Enjoy a day off to think about it.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Its an allegation and we live in a country where we must prove guilt not innocence.

But I am hearing a lot of "well why didn't X come out when it happened in the 70s/80s/90s?"
I have seen first hand in industries through friends and family why people stop. Lets use an example. "Mary" was sexually assaulted by a co-worker in an industry in the 80s, along with other co-workers. Mary puts in a report, but its buried and she is made to look crazy, or like she deserved it, or that she actually led the other person on. End result, Mary is either forced to leave work due to shame or other reasons, and her other co-workers who were assaulted and might have needed the money to support their families think "s**t, i know this man is a monster, but I can't put my family out on the streets" or they feel they can't come forward as they won't be treated fairly and made to look like Mary.

There are tons of reasons why people didn't come forward. Cover ups, shame, embarrassment, fear. And now there is a movement happening. People are seeing others come forward and in some cases are getting justice. Strength in numbers etc.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Had someone tell me today that because Sloane and Danger were arm in arm for the national anthem for the AUS v IRE match that its confirmed Sloane is coming to Geelong. He goes for Port though, so Adelaide losing anyone is a win for him.
It won’t happen , however the resulting melts en masse would be an enjoyable read over the next pre season

FoolCat

All Australian
Apr 19, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Had someone tell me today that because Sloane and Danger were arm in arm for the national anthem for the AUS v IRE match that its confirmed Sloane is coming to Geelong. He goes for Port though, so Adelaide losing anyone is a win for him.
Couldn't keep their hands off each other, did all the warm-ups together.

Conclusion = Sloane to Geelong

Majunga

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Plebs creek
AFL Club
Geelong
I joined up to Port the past two years and am ongoing this year because I wanna see footy live like I would if I lived in Victoria and the Port fans on here are quite good people actually. They wish their leaving players welll whether it's being a dog and wanting out or retiring. They also welcome back past players who left them with welcome arms like we have with Gaz. People think this board is bad in terms of guys like the 3 B's getting banned for negativity well the Crows board is as bad as GCs, Hawthorns and Richmonds and ban you for posting something logical whereas Ports board is very lenient and friendly like ours from what I've seen.

Crows fans are the complete opposite and are absolute scumbags who wish injuries on players in their own and any club for no reason and think it's justified 'just because'

Adelaide is a business, Port Adelaide are a club.

Wishing injuries is for noobs..

152127004.jpg

This on the main board from a Tigers fan comparing our 2007 side to the 2017 Tigers team.

Even the mighty Geelong had s**t trucks like Nathan Ablett and Josh Hunt, and bog-ordinary players like Harley (captain of this great team, wouldn't get a game for Richmond 2017), Wojcinski, Mooney, Stokes, Byrnes, King and Rooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back