Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clement was a gun. Highly underrated.

Agreed...a fine player..dual AA and B&F winner at the Pies....albeit when they were weak. Apparently a quality person as well. A very very good player.

Behind Enright though....which is no slight on Clement.

I think if some people checked on Enright's record they would be blown away....and realize just what a great footballer he was.

Enright is in with the top of the top drawer defenders.

Agreed...a fine player..dual AA and B&F winner at the Pies....albeit when they were weak. Apparently a quality person as well. A very very good player.

Behind Enright though....which is no slight on Clement.

I think if some people checked on Enright's record they would be blown away....and realize just what a great footballer he was.

Enright is in with the top of the top drawer defenders.
Maybe I could be overrating him cause he played for us but has there ever been a better reader of the play?
I don't think I've seen better at judging the ball straight off the boot in my time.

Maybe I could be overrating him cause he played for us but has there ever been a better reader of the play?
I don't think I've seen better at judging the ball straight off the boot in my time.

Scarlett I reckon.
Amazing they both played together.
One thing I've never seen anyone else do that Enright did often were brilliant, long range, perfectly accurate handballs, they were as good as a Duncan bullet.

And who of us could forget that perfect mark straight out from the C'wood goal in the 2011 GF, on the CHB spot. He judged it , marked it and I think set up the Bartel goal.

It's the birth of a new rivalry
They ******* wish...

We canned they for 25 years. That’s not a rivalry. That’s a dead set flogging.

Now they win one flag after knocking us over once.

Dreamers.

Go Catters

They ******* wish...

We canned they for 25 years. That’s not a rivalry. That’s a dead set flogging.

Now they win one flag after knocking us over once.

Dreamers.

Go Catters
They talk about this 8-2 finals record against us, well it wouldn't have anything to do with how between 1983 and 2017 they only made finals 6 times, and the one other time we played them we beat them by almost 100 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what the discussion is. If it's recent history it's pretty overwhelmingly our way. If it's over the full history, different story.
I did use the last 25 years as a time basis in my post...

Pretty much covers mist time that the name Ablett has been on the GFC teamsheets... ;)

Go Catters

Agree with that. But we both know some supporters will pretend the previous 80-90 years never existed.
They got us plenty in the 70's and early 80's even...

But to call it now a rivalry - dreamers.

GO Catters

Agree with that. But we both know some supporters will pretend the previous 80-90 years never existed.

For me it didn't... since I wasn't alive....
So it's largely irrelevant.
If past history mattered so much I'd go 2 houses down and punch the Japanese family square in the face as hard as I could.

This pretty much sums up Richmond fans....

26239656_10216001319651279_6240218314100149678_n.jpg

Perhaps. But if that was the case most of us would say we’ve only won three premierships. Because that’s all we’ve seen.

When comparing against other teams I think we should.
Honestly those 3 are the only ones that really matter, for most arguments the only timeline that really should matter would be post 2000 or post 1990.
Although I'm certainly not an advocate for forgetting ones history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back