Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Fred.

I saw the GAS times as a youngling but I still know about, respect and count the 63 Polly Farmer times etc.

They all count.

GO Catters

I agree Fred.

I saw the GAS times as a youngling but I still know about, respect and count the 63 Polly Farmer times etc.

They all count.

Absolutely. Of course they do.

Why does everyone enjoy hanging s**t on St.Kilda? Because they’ve won one premiership in 120+ years. If only recent ones count, why does the club have all the VFL/AFL flags on the stand?

It’s a difficult one, if you’re drawing on 30 years of history to try and prove your arigmrnt then it’s only fair they can increase that to 50 to retort. Typically I try to just keep most discussions to AFL premierships. For one I’ve been alive the whole era and there seems to be less influence of chance in winning flags.

This pretty much sums up Richmond fans....

26239656_10216001319651279_6240218314100149678_n.jpg
* I hate it when there is all that space or empty cubicles and some campaigner parks themselves right next to you!

I reckon Bruce would do that.
You couldn't have teed that up any better, there's already version of it based around Bruce and his lovechild.

2D2EBEDA00000578-0-image-m-100_1444269835885.jpg

Just started a Jarryd Roughead is a s**t captain thread in the bay. Get this vibe on there he is a protected species. Will be interesting to see if it's deleted or it sparks genuine outrage rather than just usual banter.

Will be beautiful seeing the reaction editing his name out with Joel Selwoods. A captain who has taken his team to finals countlessly and can play football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some gems from our friends at Punt Road in the "Whose list is in the most trouble age wise?" thread on the main board...

Geelong

They’ve been topping up to win a flag for years now. Hasn’t and won’t work

They have a very poor list outside of their 2 stars. I reckon they should have started to rebuild from the ground up like we did in 2010 a couple of years ago instead of topping up every year.

Their fall won’t be pretty and it’s quite obvious that it’s coming. They might have one more top 4 and bomb out finish left in em though.

Richmond’s superstars were all under 22 when we started our rebuild, and we had the future best player in the comp as an 18 year old.

Geelong don’t have that luxury.

If Geelong did things the Richmond way and committed to a proper 8-year rebuild, then Selwood and Danger would’ve retired by then and they’d be worse off. They had no choice but to go for broke now.

And my personal favourite...

And yet, in the past decade you've won the same amount of flags as us. Oh dear :$

Oh dear indeed....

I’m often surprised that the deluded opposition supporters really doesn’t grasp that we had a complete rebuild with very low picks compaired to other teams in a similar time period. I think we have done well to remain in contention while rebuilding from one of the club’s best team list in its history.

I guess they only look at the poor final displays and won’t look at the bigger picture.

Seen it mentioned a couple of times on the MB that we only have 2 stars :rolleyes:
Champion Data disputes that.

70462A33-3CA6-490B-999D-81EFEF0BF4D7.jpeg 72A3EA8C-5129-49E7-AEB1-B65811879D93.jpeg

P.S. winty

“Surprisingly, premier Richmond, which beat minor premier Adelaide by eight goals in the grand final, has just the ninth-best list, according to Champion.”

RIchmond has easily the worst list bar Collingwood 90’s team to win a flag, but they played together very well.

I hope our list can start doing that with hopefully a more mature side and less injuries.

But * me I’m over the Tigers numbnuts acting like they have the best list in history, enjoy the flag no doubt but tone it down abit please.

RIchmond has easily the worst list bar Collingwood 90’s team to win a flag, but they played together very well.

I hope our list can start doing that with hopefully a more mature side and less injuries.

But **** me I’m over the Tigers numbnuts acting like they have the best list in history, enjoy the flag no doubt but tone it down abit please.

The entire finals series reminds me of a quote I heard the other day, "Hard work will beat talent if the talent doesn't work hard."

But **** me I’m over the Tigers numbnuts acting like they have the best list in history, enjoy the flag no doubt but tone it down abit please.
The Tigers winning the flag really throws the argument "a champion team always beats a team of champions" out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back