Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From our friends on the Hawthorn board.

Duckwood yet again showed his true colours with a behind the play throat gouge
And the commentators reaction “just a little niggle”
Thank god he didn’t pinch him 😡

He has perfected the art of lying on a player and watching the ball as he makes cantact with an opponents head / face
Always after the play has passed
Always looking at the ball so the contact is “accidental”
Always lingering and preventing the opponent from being involved in the next passage of play
Always insufficient force to be reported
Always occurring after he’s been caught or beaten in a contest
Always snidely executed in the act of getting back to his feet
Always lauded by the commentators as a tough competitor.

Last nights throat gouge was just another in a long list of questionable actions when beaten by an opponent.

A sniper who stages for frees and sooks it up when beaten

Yeah what an ornament to the game

So broken they see things which simply aren't there when it comes to him.

I can't think of anything less appealing than taking on the Carlton job. Unless you are an established coach, like Clarkson, and you could take your own team of scouts/talent managers etc.

I don't think theres a coach around in the last 20 years right now that can fix Carlton if they can't clean out people ingrained in the club like SOS who seems to be doing his best to wreck the joint.

Wish you could bring in your own board members too.

This complacent malaise starts from the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This absoloute classic from the crows board
We've won 7 out of our last 9.
Geelong 8 out of their last nine

They beat
Gold Coast
Essendon
Bulldogs
Hawthorn.
Sydney
North
Richmond

And West Coast

They're not flying like people think they are. Swans burnt the ball, gold Coast pushed them. Port slaughtered them.

We've beat
Freo
Gws
Port
Richmond
Melb away
St kilda away
Gold coast

1 point loss away to brisbane and lay down in the last against West Coast, who were in much better form than when geelong beat them.

I'd say we're much more accumplished over the last nine games.
I love that they specify how the Melb and St Kilda wins were 'away' games, I mean technically every single game except the Dogs and Sydney were away for us too. I also love that they don't bring margins into the discussion. Beating Melbourne by 5 points in Darwin is hardly impressive, or beating Richmond by 5 goals in Adelaide is hardly as impressive as by 70 points at the MCG.

Let this opposition supporter post direct rather than via third party.
Because of a cousin who lives in the area, Geelong has always been my second team and my go to in finals if Port is not in the hunt (which unfortunately for us has been mainly due to our coach who just happens to be an ex Geelong player are you are aware.) Times are changing.

I was interested to read comments and views about last week's game so ventured to this board for the Geelong perspective, at the same time realizing there would be some anti Port sentiment due to opposition rivalry. Its part of footy.
Wow !! Its actually a toss up who are more anti Port Adelaide, our cross town rivals (which is understandable) or Geelong (a city in another state). I'm calling it a draw.
I won't return to the site. I've notified my cousin, I wont continue my (second team) support for Geelong obvious reasons but still believe you will have a good season and will be hard to beat in the finals I will now stick to one club, a club you all have so little understanding of. As for us 'rabid" supporters that boo our own shadow. Give me a break. We are passionate and we boo not only obvious incorrect frees but also the inconsistent ones paid to opposition. I doubt that is a Port thing. I got a feeling all supporters do it.

But keeping with the thread title. My strangest comment from an opposition supporter.
You guys should have an anti Port Adelaide BBQ get together with the crows supporters after this week's game. You will all get on really well. Fancy that. So little difference between a cats supporter and a crows supporter. Go figure.

Because of a cousin who lives in the area, Geelong has always been my second team and my go to in finals if Port is not in the hunt (which unfortunately for us has been mainly due to our coach who just happens to be an ex Geelong player are you are aware.) Times are changing.

I was interested to read comments and views about last week's game so ventured to this board for the Geelong perspective, at the same time realizing there would be some anti Port sentiment due to opposition rivalry. Its part of footy.
Wow !! Its actually a toss up who are more anti Port Adelaide, our cross town rivals (which is understandable) or Geelong (a city in another state). I'm calling it a draw.
I won't return to the site. I've notified my cousin, I wont continue my (second team) support for Geelong obvious reasons but still believe you will have a good season and will be hard to beat in the finals I will now stick to one club, a club you all have so little understanding of. As for us 'rabid" supporters that boo our own shadow. Give me a break. We are passionate and we boo not only obvious incorrect frees but also the inconsistent ones paid to opposition. I doubt that is a Port thing. I got a feeling all supporters do it.

But keeping with the thread title. My strangest comment from an opposition supporter.
You guys should have an anti Port Adelaide BBQ get together with the crows supporters after this week's game. You will all get on really well. Fancy that. So little difference between a cats supporter and a crows supporter. Go figure.

You will be missed.

Perhaps you should read my comment I left on your board after the game:

"Have calmed down enough to be able to come over here and say good win. Exposed our lack of effort at the contest and monstered us in the contested ball and clearances. Think your defence gets criminally underrated, as it's what really won you the game tonight. Hawkins not taking a mark and the organization behind the ball, was on par with what ours has been this year. Only thing that kept us in it too.

Deserve to play finals on that effort. Tough loss to take, but can acknowledge you guys were far better on the night.

Congrats :thumbsu:"

You'll find that most Geelong supporters have no problem at all with Port, given our connection with Hinkley, Motlop etc. Your crowd was booing incessantly at nothing, lol. It was ridiculous to watch on TV. With that said, it doesn't mean we have a problem with you guys, just that we found your behaviour annoying on the night. To get so up in arms and declare that we are 'no longer your second team' is a bit childish to be honest. It's one game. If that's all it takes for you to jump off, then you're probably not the most ardent supporter anyway. Big footy is a cesspool most of the time, lol. If you're going to use its views to reflect the wider population, you're gonna get some very flawed and skewed data.

This is definitely art

I can think of 119 different replies to your post but I'll be the bigger man and leave it at that.

Perhaps you should read my comment I left on your board after the game:

"Have calmed down enough to be able to come over here and say good win. Exposed our lack of effort at the contest and monstered us in the contested ball and clearances. Think your defence gets criminally underrated, as it's what really won you the game tonight. Hawkins not taking a mark and the organization behind the ball, was on par with what ours has been this year. Only thing that kept us in it too.

Deserve to play finals on that effort. Tough loss to take, but can acknowledge you guys were far better on the night.

Congrats :thumbsu:"

You'll find that most Geelong supporters have no problem at all with Port, given our connection with Hinkley, Motlop etc. Your crowd was booing incessantly at nothing, lol. It was ridiculous to watch on TV. With that said, it doesn't mean we have a problem with you guys, just that we found your behaviour annoying on the night. To get so up in arms and declare that we are 'no longer your second team' is a bit childish to be honest. It's one game. If that's all it takes for you to jump off, then you're probably not the most ardent supporter anyway. Big footy is a cesspool most of the time, lol. If you're going to use its views to reflect the wider population, you're gonna get some very flawed and skewed data.

Yeah you're you are probably correct. I have little doubt I'll be in contact with my cousin during the week to reinstate. Our mutual support for each others team goes back years. Childish, maybe but only temporary.

As for the 119 thing. Heard them all. Its good for a lifetime. Geelong will never forget that game, and also Port .... But for very different reasons. As I said, you guys will have a good season and rightly so. By far the best playing team in the league this year.

I think you'll find on our board there are some anti-opposition fans full stop. So it doesn't matter who Geelong play they'll always say "x supporter base is the worst and the most feral blah blah blah". There's even anti-Geelong fans on this board!

I personally don't have any issue with Port and their fans. I'm probably more anti-Hawks & Crows.

Solid attention whoring melt there

Yeah you're you are probably correct. I have little doubt I'll be in contact with my cousin during the week to reinstate. Our mutual support for each others team goes back years. Childish, maybe but only temporary.

As for the 119 thing. Heard them all. Its good for a lifetime. Geelong will never forget that game, and also Port .... But for very different reasons. As I said, you guys will have a good season and rightly so. By far the best playing team in the league this year.
I don’t really have any issue with port, but the lindsey thomas snipe on scott selwood, and last weeks cheap shot on gary rohan and harry taylor that got all 3 of your guys suspended make it bloody hard to like your club atm.

I do have fond memories of 119 though so it’s ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back