Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say that Soloman's hit on Ling was up there with the worst of incidents....his intentions were clear..

That day was the most feral I'd ever seen the crowd in Geelong.

If i was a pies supporter i’d be pretty ropeable. Gave up a fortune for him, only for him to sit out and cash his pay cheque. He should just retire if footy is too hard for him.
Oh i agree a really bad trade. Doesn't stop me laughing at them eating each other though

At the time it was a cracking good trade...(Beams, Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar..throw in Crisp for good measure roving to Grundy made my eyes water at the time.)

Beams is a quality footballer...doesn't appear to have been able to cope with the lengthy decline and eventual passing of his Dad...there may be other factors as well....I'm sure the Pies have been well aware of this, and dealt with it as best they could with the expertise available to them. I'm equally sure they have handled it sensitively and with his best interests at heart.

I think their posters, and ours, should do the same.

So you would just up and quit your job if you had a mental health problem?
You wouldn't ask your boss for some time off?
Completely different situation. And he’s had plenty of time off. He can’t have his cake and eat it too by staying at the club when he can’t complete his obligations. He should do the honorable thing and retire, like tom boyd did.

If footy has become too hard like he says, its only going to keep dragging him down anyway.

Can’t compare an extremely highly paid sportsman to the man on the street struggling to feed his family, while struggling with mental health. Beams is set up for life financially and can walk at anytime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you would just up and quit your job if you had a mental health problem?
You wouldn't ask your boss for some time off?

He has basically had 12 months off already. If you had exhausted all your accrued annual leave and sick leave and asked your employer for indefinite time off on full pay how do you reckon that would go down in the real world?

Completely different situation. And he’s had plenty of time off. He can’t have his cake and eat it too by staying at the club when he can’t complete his obligations. He should do the honorable thing and retire, like tom boyd did.

If footy has become too hard like he says, its only going to keep dragging him down anyway.

Can’t compare an extremely highly paid sportsman to the man on the street struggling to feed his family, while struggling with mental health. Beams is set up for life financially and can walk at anytime.
That works both ways; Collingwood took him back knowing of the medical issues, and contracted him for less than his market value accordingly.

He can and apparently he is.
It's very easy for you to deride someone's situation without any information.
Why do you think Collingwood isn't casting him out onto the street to "deal with it".
Boyd left because it was football that was causing his problems.
You have no idea what is causing Beam's.

Why do you think Collingwood isn't casting him out onto the street to "deal with it".
Cause they would be ripped to shreds if they did. 10 yrs ago he would have been booted. Different times now.

He has basically had 12 months off already. If you had exhausted all your accrued annual leave and sick leave and asked your employer for indefinite time off on full pay how do you reckon that would go down in the real world?

Your boss would tell you to take all the time you need and only come back when you're good and ready...... Wouldn't they?

Considering he ****ed over Bris and is now ******* over Collingwood I would say football is the least of his concerns tbh

Your boss would tell you to take all the time you need and only come back when you're good and ready...... Wouldn't they?
Laughable

you mention depression anywhere in most Workplaces and the boss not only treats you differently but starts asking if you are capable of working in that environment.

Beams is very lucky he’s in a public environment.

Laughable

you mention depression anywhere in most Workplaces and the boss not only treats you differently but starts asking if you are capable of working in that environment.

Beams is very lucky he’s in a public environment.

Elite sport is one of few endeavours where a person actively pursues the opportunity, the fame, and the accolades of their chosen profession - have you ever seen or heard of a reluctant new recruit? - and is wholly protected should they decide they can't deal with it, or other issues in their life.

The average Joe is cut loose as soon as their HR department finds a way......they aren't given indefinite leave on full pay, that's for sure.

That could depend on a few different factors - not sure any organisation would sack you on the spot but they may not be able to offer endless time for "recovery", and things like casual employment versus permanent staff etc.

I know where I used to work that they had to deal with this scenario for 2 staff; one while I worked there and one this past year after I left.
1st: While working there I had a colleague who reached breaking point, they were a perfectionist with work and there were times where if something could be done in 3 steps, they'd take 10 to do it instead because it was done in greater detail but that wasn't always required and I think that would have taken it's toll. They were a part-time worker and there were times they worked extended hours to do those extra steps, but when you get to the end product it wasn't necessarily much different to if you pared things back.
While they were off I had to take over different aspects of their work and when talking to management about what their expectations were for different tasks and a good amount of it was pared back because the additional wasn't always necessary.
I know they ended up using all their sick leave, annual leave & they were given permission to gain early access to their long service leave, but it got to a stage where they were on leave-without-pay and the organisation needed to know if they would be able to return and they themselves decided it was best for them to not return.

2nd: Was after I left but this staff member took about 6months off before calling it. They took medical leave around this time last year (I believe) and used all their allocated leave. The organisation gave them as much time as possible, told them to take time away, holidays etc, and after changes in the office which involved what could have been contributing factors, they tried to get them to come back but the individual decided they couldn't

Organisations generally will try to be supportive, but at the end of the day they probably do have a limit to the amount of support they can offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back