Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposition supporters say the strangest things, sometimes featuring Geelong supporters saying equally strange things
I remember going to a pub after the Bulldogs 2016 premiership and heard a conversation over the best "1st Premiership of a dynasty team" comparing Brisbane 01, Geelong 07, Hawks 13 and Bulldogs 16.

Would love to see them again after that Bulldogs dynasty lasted about 12 months :tearsofjoy:

I remember going to a pub after the Bulldogs 2016 premiership and heard a conversation over the best "1st Premiership of a dynasty team" comparing Brisbane 01, Geelong 07, Hawks 13 and Bulldogs 16.

Would love to see them again after that Bulldogs dynasty lasted about 12 months :tearsofjoy:
Mate, that was all we heard on this board!

One of my mates and a mentor at previous employment is a diehard Bulldogs fan - absolutely rapt for him that he got tickets to go to that match, and as an added bonus he lives within walking distance of Whitten Oval

He celebrated the win, was a bit cheeky cocky afterwards but I don't recall him ever getting to the "start of a dynasty" stage - for him getting to see that flag was the main prize, and additional premierships would be a great bonus

One of my mates and a mentor at previous employment is a diehard Bulldogs fan - absolutely rapt for him that he got tickets to go to that match, and as an added bonus he lives within walking distance of Whitten Oval

He celebrated the win, was a bit cheeky cocky afterwards but I don't recall him ever getting to the "start of a dynasty" stage - for him getting to see that flag was the main prize, and additional premierships would be a great bonus
Few of the Doggies fans I knew thought they would make the 2016 PF.

None of them have been as bad as the Tiggies fans have been the last few years.

No I disagree about St Kilda not be finals hardened in 09, at that point they had made finals in 4 of the previous 5 years including 3 preliminary finals.

In comparison Bulldogs obviously won the flag 5 years ago but haven't won a single final since and Melbourne has only made finals once in 5 years.

True. But there are also examples - us in 2007, Richmond in 2017, where a side can be thereabouts, lower end of the finals for a few years, and then click (to a lesser extent, this also applies to Dogs 2016 and Eagles 2018). Ultimately if you're good enough you're good enough.

Quite rightly, neither side won't really be trusted until they deliver in finals.

Same in my experience, but in any case, who cares if they did? They waited more than long enough.

Oh most Doggies fans were very humble. How could you not be with the first flag for 60 years! I was referring to Geelong people suggesting it was the start of a Dogs Dynasty and we might as well go back to the drawing board.

From you know which Board:

'Bullshit
I want a top 10 pick
Just makes me hate Geelong even more'

If ever there was an incentive to finish as high as possible on the ladder.....
If you are gonna quote me at least tag me
I want my royalties

If you are gonna quote me at least tag me
I want my royalties
I think the first round pick will be royalties enough. I have to say I was pretty distressed when we traded out our f1st for a kid no one had any real interest in but pretty happy so far

I think the first round pick will be royalties enough. I have to say I was pretty distressed when we traded out our f1st for a kid no one had any real interest in but pretty happy so far
Yeah I must admit that post was mostly tongue in cheek but I appreciate the call out all the same
Just some good banter between our clubs that have developed a great modern rivalry and this 1st round pick just adds some spice to it

Holmes looks like an athletic beast and could really thrive under the rule changes and interchange reductions so hopefully it works out for you blokes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I must admit that post was mostly tongue in cheek but I appreciate the call out all the same
Just some good banter between our clubs that have developed a great modern rivalry and this 1st round pick just adds some spice to it

Holmes looks like an athletic beast and could really thrive under the rule changes and interchange reductions so hopefully it works out for you blokes
Yeah looking hopeful. I reckon you'll use the two you have to trade up and get a pretty good player.

It's good to have a side to aim to beat consistently. Been a while since the Hawks were relevant so thanks for filling the gap

Holmes was being picked by each of the following 3 teams from the pick we traded up to.
That's why he traded up.

Holmes was being picked by each of the following 3 teams from the pick we traded up to.
That's why he traded up.
Yeah by no one I mean no one outside of the clubs. Was very quiet in the media on him. In retrospect I think we're hugely lucky in selecting him where we did.

Close the thread we have our winner

You know the media will concentrate on the last minute of that game. Meanwhile when Brisbane got robbed against GHeelong they pretty much said suck it up. They said it was there but wouldnt be called in the middle of the game.

Can't remember any media outlet saying that, but anyway...

I love how triggered Richmond supporters are with Miers. I don't even get why.

I could be wrong, but they've had it on for him since the 2019 PF where apparently he "flopped" for a free kick sometime in the third(?) quarter, sparking cries of "what a soft w****r" etc.

The vitriol's come thick and fast for him ever since... but maybe it was something else?

I could be wrong, but they've had it on for him since the 2019 PF where apparently he "flopped" for a free kick sometime in the third(?) quarter, sparking cries of "what a soft w****r" etc.

The vitriol's come thick and fast for him ever since... but maybe it was something else?
Yep that would be it.
I remember that clearly.
They forget what a diver Rance was and Grimes is though.

Wasn't that "flop" actually him being elbowed in the face by Houli?

Close the thread we have our winner

You know the media will concentrate on the last minute of that game. Meanwhile when Brisbane got robbed against GHeelong they pretty much said suck it up. They said it was there but wouldnt be called in the middle of the game.
But Brisbane were not robbed as that last decision was the same as one in the first 1/4. And that would have likley finished as a goal for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back