Mod. Notice Opposition trolls and quality of posting

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point.

There seem to be a lot of Adelaide fans who spend countless hours on the Port board so that they can report on how obsessive the Port fans are about us.
That's not it at all. I review the Port board to see if they've got any insight as to trades etc, TSW seems to have reliable info similar to Faith. I do the same thing for other boards we are looking to secure players from. But you go on the Port board and the dicks who write absolute deluded crap and slag off at us, come on to this board to talk more s**t. You can't rip into them on their board because the number one dick bans you. They read this board so it's an opportunity to let them know that are full of s**t without copping a ban.

Its like this. On their board they rubbish us, our players, our culture, our supporters, and if you dare challange things they have said, your post is deleted and your banned.
A crows supporter put a thread up about the AFC trading possibilites in the draft and trading forum and more PAPs post there than crows supporters running down the quality and values of our players or trading opportunities. Same in the Crouch vs Wines thread.
So I guess thats fair enough. But then not happy with that they come here and do the same thing in our own forum. Or they post terrible things about us on their own board and then the same people come here and think they should be treated with kid gloves by us. I guess at some point you get sick of trying to act like Jesus and keep turning the other cheek.
And now we cant even vent on our own forum about it. Go figure. Our club seems to lack any spine and so do alot of their supporters. Kinda reminds me of how our Admin used to roll over onto its back for vlad to show how mature and professional we are, and our supporters do the same thing here for the filth down the road.

Sounds like you want us to punish opposition posters for things they have posted about Adelaide on other BigFooty boards. Not sure I agree. Leave your baggage at the door!

Some Port fan posted something earlier today. I forget exactly what, was "low level" troll standard. He got embarrassed by macca23 and that was it. You really want these pretty harmless exchanges shut down? I'd see that as lacking spine.

Not at all. If they troll here they are banned. If they dont troll their fine, just like any other teams supporters. Everyone knows they are obsessed with us and live not to win premierships but to hate us. My point is that if a Crows supporter brings the point up or talks about it they shouldnt be treated as if they have the problem.

Not at all. If they troll here they are banned. If they dont troll their fine, just like any other teams supporters. Everyone knows they are obsessed with us and live not to win premierships but to hate us. My point is that if a Crows supporter brings the point up or talks about it they shouldnt be treated as if they have the problem.
I find these sort of comments embarrassing.

Its like this. On their board they rubbish us, our players, our culture, our supporters, and if you dare challange things they have said, your post is deleted and your banned.
How is Catboy different to Justine Westhoff?
Use Catboy on here and you will get banned. Use Justine on the Port board and you will get banned.
Geesh I am with DABM, post on other boards BUT remember which board you are on. Personally I like reading opposition's opinion on our games/players etc as it can bring a reality check to the group think that can and does happen on all boards.
After a while you get to know who is a 100% troll and who isn't, so just put up with the crap and enjoy the rest.

Sounds like you want us to punish opposition posters for things they have posted about Adelaide on other BigFooty boards. Not sure I agree. Leave your baggage at the door!

Some Port fan posted something earlier today. I forget exactly what, was "low level" troll standard. He got embarrassed by macca23 and that was it. You really want these pretty harmless exchanges shut down? I'd see that as lacking spine.

As a general rule I like how the Adelaide board is moderated but it's become quite tiresome of late having to wade through all the crap being thrown in both directions just to find out what's going on at our club. Perhaps a thread just for Adelaide supporters to discuss trade topics, news and rumours could be the solution, at least until the Polec situation is resolved.

As a general rule I like how the Adelaide board is moderated but it's become quite tiresome of late having to wade through all the crap being thrown in both directions just to find out what's going on at our club. Perhaps a thread just for Adelaide supporters to discuss trade topics, news and rumours could be the solution, at least until the Polec situation is resolved.
I like the Polec threads, both of them. IMO 90 percent plus of all posters on both boards have been quite realistic and witty, and only a few a bit too serious.

How is Catboy different to Justine Westhoff?
Use Catboy on here and you will get banned. Use Justine on the Port board and you will get banned.
Geesh I am with DABM, post on other boards BUT remember which board you are on. Personally I like reading opposition's opinion on our games/players etc as it can bring a reality check to the group think that can and does happen on all boards.
After a while you get to know who is a 100% troll and who isn't, so just put up with the crap and enjoy the rest.

Now, that was simply a typo on the iPad with my fat fingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, that was simply a typo on the iPad with my fat fingers.
Yeah yeah. Try search.
And there are many other names for Port players one could search for. :p

I like the Polec threads, both of them. IMO 90 percent plus of all posters on both boards have been quite realistic and witty, and only a few a bit too serious.

I don't mind either, for the most part, but sometimes I would prefer to open a trade thread to read about the latest interviews and such without finding our fellow supporters at each others throats.

I don't mind either, for the most part, but sometimes I would prefer to open a trade thread to read about the latest interviews and such without finding our fellow supporters at each others throats.
I actually agree. A sticky on both boards with zero% tolerance would be good. :thumbsu:
Nothing worse than logging on and having to read 4-10 pages to see if anything happened. :D
But IMO there should also be another thread open to all because some of the stuff posted in those 4-10 pages may not be trade related but good value. :p

See, your Polec thread is 50% what's good for your club and 50% bagging Steven Rowe (or cRowe) as a way of bagging Us.

Every page, there would be 8 or 9 posts simply bagging us or Rowe. The similarities between the 2 boards are not even comparable. Anyone who pits sone negative about port is either banned, has it deleted or discredited to the point where it's a waste of time posting anything.

You are one if the better posters but you have some real jerks who take this game of being a troll or keyboard warrior way too far. Don't see any point in posting on your board.

Yeah yeah. Try search.
And there are many other names for Port players one could search for. :p

Are you calling me a lire?

70% of the time! I post Port Adelaide and it's only when some numbskull pisses me off do I post port power.

What names are used?

Are you calling me a lire?

70% of the time! I post Port Adelaide and it's only when some numbskull pisses me off do I post port power.

What names are used?
I apologise, I've run a search and you haven't used Justine Westhoff in the past.
[URL]http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/...xv-banter.1022138/page-14#post-29406307[/URL][URL='http://[URL='http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/balfours-showdown-xxxv-banter.1022138/page-14#post-29406307']Justine WestFlogg [/URL] is totally different. :p

I actually agree. A sticky on both boards with zero% tolerance would be good. :thumbsu:
Nothing worse than logging on and having to read 4-10 pages to see if anything happened. :D
But IMO there should also be another thread open to all because some of the stuff posted in those 4-10 pages may not be trade related but good value. :p

I agree, keep the polec thread open to all:thumbsu:, but since it's next to impossible to prevent the squabbling then perhaps an alternative like I suggested above will help the rest of us to keep track of new developments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back