Opposition trolls' obsession with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
When I am not on these boards, I have a look at the Bay, and there is a hell of a lot of Richmond, Hawthorn and WCE fans, in particular, along with others, who talk about us negatively all the time.

It might not even have anything to do with Geelong, but the moment a Richmond or Hawthorn fan posts, it has to include a little backhander to us.

What is it with them? I mean, Richmond won the flag, You think they would be obsessed with themselves, yet they can't stop talking negatively about us.

I have a theory. I think these supporters are jealous of us, and are insecure of us. Look we have done to their teams in the past.

Take Richmond fans. They finally have success, yet they put us down at every opportunity. Maybe the scars of us constantly thrashing them in the 80's and 90's, kicking cricket scores against them at the 'G, and Gary Ablett tearing them apart, has forever played with their heads.

Hawthorn fans are the same. They keep running us down. Maybe they couldn't handle us beating them 11 times in a row.

This week, I was talking about the events of the decade, and some WCE flog brought up about us supposedly using drugs and Dank being at our club. WTF? West Coast flags are the last to criticise anyone else for drug-taking.

Have you noticed this too? Don't believe me. Go on The Bay, look at a topic posted by a Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn or WCE fan, and it will contain a disparaging Geelong reference.,even though we have nothing to do with the topic?

Why do you think that they are obsessed with us?

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
When I am not on these boards, I have a look at the Bay, and there is a hell of a lot of Richmond, Hawthorn and WCE fans, in particular, along with others, who talk about us negatively all the time.

It might not even have anything to do with Geelong, but the moment a Richmond or Hawthorn fan posts, it has to include a little backhander to us.

What is it with them? I mean, Richmond won the flag, You think they would be obsessed with themselves, yet they can't stop talking negatively about us.

I have a theory. I think these supporters are jealous of us, and are insecure of us. Look we have done to their teams in the past.

Take Richmond fans. They finally have success, yet they put us down at every opportunity. Maybe the scars of us constantly thrashing them in the 80's and 90's, kicking cricket scores against them at the 'G, and Gary Ablett tearing them apart, has forever played with their heads.

Hawthorn fans are the same. They keep running us down. Maybe they couldn't handle us beating them 11 times in a row.

This week, I was talking about the events of the decade, and some WCE flog brought up about us supposedly using drugs and Dank being at our club. WTF? West Coast flags are the last to criticise anyone else for drug-taking.

Have you noticed this too? Don't believe me. Go on The Bay, look at a topic posted by a Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn or WCE fan, and it will contain a disparaging Geelong reference.,even though we have nothing to do with the topic?

Ha ha. Take it as a compliment.
Or do as I do.
I never venture outside this board.

This has a very very short leash.
What happens on other boards has no need to brought here in general.
If it gets stupid it wiill be closed.

GO Catters

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s beyond toxic. I can’t even bring myself to venture onto the bay. It’s just a constant string of geelong hate by a whole group of obsessive dimwits damaged by our recent success.

And we haven’t even won a flag in 8 years. Imagine if we won it this year. They would go into meltdown.

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong

Any club that ends up top of the ladder or near, and then fails to fire in the finals - on a repeated basis - is going to cop it.

May 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s beyond toxic. I can’t even bring myself to venture onto the bay. It’s just a constant string of geelong hate by a whole group of obsessive dimwits damaged by our recent success.

And we haven’t even won a flag in 8 years. Imagine if we won it this year. They would go into meltdown.

what recent success???

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Any club that ends up top of the ladder or near, and then fails to fire in the finals - on a repeated basis - is going to cop it.

What difference would it make to you? You would still dismiss Chris Scott even if he coached us to a flag, since you are one of the ones who denies the existence of the 2011 flag.

Go follow Richmond if you want to get onto the current trend, but don't come crawling back when we finally do crack it.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

If we win it, I would be banned for months for all the trolling I would do of Richmond, Hawthorn and West Coast boards, mocking and laughing at them.

Took less than a day.

And its closed because of one of our posters having a crack at our own.

Shocked not shocked

GO Catters

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
We won three flags in the last 15 years.

Oh, I forgot. You want a flag every year. You are one of these unrealistic nitwits who doesn't see reality, see our team list, and realise that you can't win the flag every year.

You would have been a real whiny bitch during our 44 year drought, if you can't even handle 9 years without a flag. But that's what spoilt brat entitlement leads to.

There is the problem with Big footy right there. Instead of just leaving it at 1 sentence and making your point, you revert to personal attacks in an attempt for the high moral ground.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

If they are they're stretching the definition of "recent" and "success" a fair bit. 8 years since our last Grand final appearance (never mind premiership) is not successful. It's not recent either.

The truth to me is far simpler. Opposition supporters - especially but not only Richmond fans - are now dishing it out in bucketloads and enjoying it. They were on the receiving end for a long time and they're relishing being on the other end. A fair few Geelong supporters can't seem to appreciate that this happens all the time (it happened with us post 2007), and also can't seem to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back