Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane currently beating the reigning premiers by 29 points. Looking incredibly good. Hope we can follow their footsteps tomorrow with a win over the saints
Eagles completely cooked in Brisbane weather (27 degrees, stinky humid). Also Big O and Martin destroyed Vardy and Hickey in the ruck. One day we will have a win like this :)

Guys, I sat on one wing, second row, middle tier. Perfect view of the field.

Had a real good view of the centre square at bounces, and had Lyons down my wing a few times.

Couple of notes.

Lyons is not slow. He’s not fast, but he matched it with most of our other midfielders.

He also worked really hard defensively. Couple of times he busted his gut to get in to a defensive position on a HBF, before the play swung over to the HBF, and helped clear the ball.

He was a very good pick up for us from this performance.

Had a real good view of the centre square at bounces, and had Lyons down my wing a few times.

Couple of notes.

Lyons is not slow. He’s not fast, but he matched it with most of our other midfielders.

He also worked really hard defensively. Couple of times he busted his gut to get in to a defensive position on a HBF, before the play swung over to the HBF, and helped clear the ball.

I don't mind him going to Brisbane a year earlier , I think GC just can't afford to keep him beyond this year .

Couple of notes.

Just looked at the stats 26 touches, 8 contested, 53% DE. 7 tackles were nice.

Would have been a slippery night I assume but rest of the midfielders - apart from robbo obviously - all were 70+ so can’t use conditions as an excuse.

Glad you were happy with his game, still some flaws though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are in line to receive Brisbane’s 2019 first round draft pick.

I had them positioned around 10th on my pre season ladder.

Must have played very well last night to comfortably deal with west coast. Have kicked the highest score of the round in slippery conditions and are currently first on the ladder.

Looks like their young midfielders had outstanding games with 20 plus possessions at 80+ disposal efficiency + 300m gained for berry & mccluggage - they actually did something positive with their touches.

Effective new recruits Cameron and McCarthy kicked 7 between them and lachie Neale had Jarryd Lyons had 55 touches combined.

I’m hoping they come a cropper by the end of the year so we can get a top 10 pick out of them, but I’m happy for our other Qld team.

I thought we could use this thread to monitor where our pick will fall. Currently it’s 18!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't mind him going to Brisbane a year earlier , I think GC just can't afford to keep him beyond this year .
Based on words straight from the CEO we really couldn't afford to keep him. When he wanted out it allowed us to drop our total salary Bill, leaving effectively his salary (which was more than had been reported) now sitting there to top up a free agents salary next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of notes.

Dew today on Lyons
"As a footy club we did need to make decisions on working out what have we got? And how good can they be? We know Jarryd is going to go on and play good footy but we had a couple parked there that we really wanted to find out about from a list demographic point of view.
I think it will be win-win. We got Anthony Miles to come in. I thought he was really hard today and he gives good protection for those younger players.

Not sure who I’d want to win when Brisbane play the Pies.
That’s much harder for me Toon.
For that vast majority of Brisbane supporters, the answer is easy. You always cheer for the other team playing against the Pies. Unless it's Port, in which case you hope the ground opens up and swallows both teams, ala The dark Knight Rises.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 6.45.48 pm.png

Just listening to 3aw online to hear a grandmother just report a 17 year old Richmond supporter spat on her at Fulltime because she was singing the Pies song

That’s who The Germball and Captain Bedwetter left us to play for. Just disgraceful.
Glad they are gone and gladder they both have gone backwards down there. Back to enjoying the beautiful GC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back