Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Not worried about where our 1st rounder will be.

Reserving all my worry about that Eagles pick! They are the 'Opposition Watch' for 2018.

Go Freo....(for the 1st of only 2 times I will say that this year).

Not worried about where our 1st rounder will be.

Reserving all my worry about that Eagles pick! They are the 'Opposition Watch' for 2018.

Go Freo....(for the 1st of only 2 times I will say that this year).

Can I go back to weekly reports on WCE, Essendon and Geelong yet? ;)

Can I go back to weekly reports on WCE, Essendon and Geelong yet? ;)

Not yet.
We need to focus all our effort on hoping they lose every match.
If we all concentrate super hard while they are playing....

Suggest about week 14 to start the draft pick roundup. Or when the gap between the Eagles 1st and the Suns 2nd is more than 10. That would be fine.

Tim Kelly and Lachie Fogarty great pick ups for Geelong. Straight into the seniors and look ready made. Picks 22 & 24.
We go with Will Powell at pick 19 who needs 2 years in the gym. Thank **** Clayton is gone.

As much as I like Powell I would definitely trade him in for Kelly - he is an absolute jet

Still prefer Powell over Fogarty

Eagles will start losing when the injuries pile up they said.
Eagles have no depth they said.

NicNat, Shuey, McGovern out this week
nekminnit 7 on the trot.

Last edited:
Eagles will start losing when the injuries pile up they said.
Eagles have no depth they said.
nekminnit 7 on the trot.
All I know now is their first round pick going to be outside top 10 and Gc second Rd pick going to be below pick 25.

Port Adelaide will be taking 9 big boys to China and even their midfielders are bigger than ours. Westhoff always gives us grief because he's such a freak, while Dixon and Ryder will be key matchups for Thompson and Witts. Watts could be a good one for Leslie, leaving May free to pick up Westhoff. Their backline is tall too, with Howard, Homsch and Clurey ready to take on Day, Crossley and Ballard, but also Jonas and Bonner. Wines is the freak of nature that we really don't have a player to match up on, but maybe this is the week to say to Brodie here is your chance, limit this freak and give us some clearances. I'm very, very big on unleashing Peter Wright this week.

Port Adelaide will be taking 9 big boys to China and even their midfielders are bigger than ours. Westhoff always gives us grief because he's such a freak, while Dixon and Ryder will be key matchups for Thompson and Witts. Watts could be a good one for Leslie, leaving May free to pick up Westhoff. Their backline is tall too, with Howard, Homsch and Clurey ready to take on Day, Crossley and Ballard, but also Jonas and Bonner. Wines is the freak of nature that we really don't have a player to match up on, but maybe this is the week to say to Brodie here is your chance, limit this freak and give us some clearances. I'm very, very big on unleashing Peter Wright this week.
Dew said Wright will need more time in the NEAFL and i think May will get a week unfortunately. We never seem to match up well with Port but the inclusion of Brodie seems like a no-brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon in turmoil and going backwards. With Bluey a development coach there last year what could've gone wrong?
Bluey McKenna wore number 17 as a player, had a team full of 17 year olds in his first year at the Suns and coached the AFL Suns to 17th twice. Legend! Dew also wore 17.

In an alternative universe, he'd have continued under Malthouse and been part of a succession plan that didn't involve Buckley, or perhaps gone to WC after Whoosha lost his Mojo. Now he's likely doomed to never coach again.

What was the deal?

The Eagles gave up their 2018 first-round draft pick and this year’s third-round pick (50) in return for picks 21, 26 and 37 this year, as well as Gold Coast’s 2018 second-round selection.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-tr...-to-clear-way-for-lachie-weller-ng-b88633595z

Read the article, stay for Lachie Weller's trade radio interview extract that destroyed our negotiating position

Based on my calculations per AFL draft index points those picks are equal to between picks 1-2 in the draft

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what the gold coast suns thinks of the deal now:

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2017-10-19/trade-pick-swap-with-eagles.mobileapp

The fact Scott Clayton now works for the Eagles is as sus as all * and the media should be on to this to ask what was the basis for this deal and how Evans let this happen under his watch (plus the Lachie Weller trade shambles) - WTF happened and whose head needs to be put on a spike out front of Metricon?

The Eagles gave up their 2018 first-round draft pick and this year’s third-round pick (50) in return for picks 21, 26 and 37 this year, as well as Gold Coast’s 2018 second-round selection.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-tr...-to-clear-way-for-lachie-weller-ng-b88633595z

Read the article, stay for Lachie Weller's trade radio interview extract that destroyed our negotiating position

Based on my calculations per AFL draft index points those picks are equal to between picks 1-2 in the draft

This is what the gold coast suns thinks of the deal now:

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2017-10-19/trade-pick-swap-with-eagles.mobileapp

The fact Scott Clayton now works for the Eagles is as sus as all **** and the media should be on to this to ask what was the basis for this deal and how Evans let this happen under his watch (plus the Lachie Weller trade shambles) - WTF happened and whose head needs to be put on a spike out front of Metricon?

+1
Mark Evans has been the Scarlet Pimpernel this year since we started losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back