Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Always a good day
And to a Plastic Franchise too lol
There's a couple of posters on their board who are literally freaks who will no doubt need sedating tonight
Kind of curious for me to read that term here.

Again, I'm not trolling but asking a genuine question.

Do you consider your team a Plastic Franchise?

I'm not generally one to use such terms and language about other teams or players, but that is a label I have read a few times on the Lions board used by some posters, when referring to Gold Coast.

I'm not generally one to use such terms and language about other teams or players, but that is a label I have read a few times on the Lions board used by some posters, when referring to Gold Coast.
The board here like to talk opposite of the actual meaning , sarcasm .

Just the name we’ve had to come to terms with
We represent the Gold Coast

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We sure as sugar don't, However for the past let's call it almost 10 years we've had to endure it from the VFL tragics to as you mentioned a few staunch Brisbane loyalists.

While it's a tag we've had to kind of get used to no matter how incorrect we deem it, We just kind of laugh it off sarcastically and in certain cases when we do have the good fortune of winning games it's a nice little jab to rub it in that little bit more* "wow wee, imagine losing to a plastic franchise like the Gold Coast, Man you lot must suck"

*Not that I condone rubbing in wins, no sir.

At what point are we not plastic in people's eyes? It's been nearly 10 years. In 30 years time will people still say the Giants and Suns are plastic franchises?

He’s a handy player though, the last 3 goals the pies kicked were because of him bringing the ball to ground from the marking contest and the crumbers were there waiting for the goal.
Last night was one of the most frustrating games I've been to in a while. That first quarter was very bizarre. We got sucked into playing into the dogs gameplan. Until the last quarter when got it back on our terms. But boy the dogs are good with the centre clearance. Think only thing the pies won, apart from the game, is Grundy's tapouts.

Can't say I'm that confident against the lions on thursday. But I am flying up to Brisbane for the game. A shame suns are playing in Adelaide, otherwise I could have done two games in the weekend that I will be up there.

As it has been said previously, its the best chance we have ever had to beat them and if we do it will be a massive boost of confidence for the boys and huge middle finger to the critics. In saying that their average winning margin is 55 points i would want that to be heavily reduced at a minimum on Sunday.

Last night was one of the most frustrating games I've been to in a while. That first quarter was very bizarre. We got sucked into playing into the dogs gameplan. Until the last quarter when got it back on our terms. But boy the dogs are good with the centre clearance. Think only thing the pies won, apart from the game, is Grundy's tapouts.

Can't say I'm that confident against the lions on thursday. But I am flying up to Brisbane for the game. A shame suns are playing in Adelaide, otherwise I could have done two games in the weekend that I will be up there.

Good Luck tonight Jen
Number of lovable Pie supporters in the world = 1
Number of lovable Dodge City supporters in the world = 0
Therefore Go Collingwood.

Send home all the fickle Supporters who have come out of the woodwork after 15 years feeling salty.

Good Luck tonight Jen
Number of lovable Pie supporters in the world = 1
Number of lovable Dodge City supporters in the world = 0
Therefore Go Collingwood.

Send home all the fickle Supporters who have come out of the woodwork after 15 years feeling salty.
They are all bandwagon supporters in Brisbane Bods look at the Broncos crowds nose dive when they lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically prefer Collingwood because of Draft pick and next week , emotionally Brisbane because of Eddie .

Very....at this point we are just building in both codes. There isn’t a sample size to call either fan bases fickle given they basically haven’t been successful in a sustainable way yet.

Now can we return to bagging the Drongoes and Dodge Lions fans again.
We r GC.

Years of existence does not change the fact that excluding season 1 our SUNS have had our biggest average crowds in the years of moderate success. Queensland in general are really fickle with wins and losses. But to a lesser extent I think kreglze is right, most organisations world wide would have a significant drop in numbers when performance is down.

No. If you want to do that, try Bay 13

Years of existence does not change the fact that excluding season 1 our SUNS have had our biggest average crowds in the years of moderate success. Queensland in general are really fickle with wins and losses. But to a lesser extent I think kreglze is right, most organisations world wide would have a significant drop in numbers when performance is down.

No. If you want to do that, try Bay 13

You can’t label our cities historically and geographically biggest rivals “fickle” in the opposition watch thread. That’s all that has happened here and it’s been supported by data.

You can’t label our cities historically and geographically biggest rivals “fickle” in the opposition watch thread. That’s all that has happened here and it’s been supported by data.

Are you telling me I can't or questioning whether we can? Had the victory scotch 72 hours early this weekend mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back