Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
If you could tap into what got Petracca selected at 2, there would be a bargain there. Has a magic moment, then turns the pill over just as quickly.

Getting out of the bubble may do him some good.

Bailey Scott will be a player, but just looks tired.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
If you could tap into what got Petracca selected at 2, there would be a bargain there. Has a magic moment, then turns the pill over just as quickly.

Getting out of the bubble may do him some good.

Bailey Scott will be a player, but just looks tired.
If Petracca went to Hawthorn, odds on, the Hawks would look to slim him down somewhat and work on his endurance running. Pretty much what they did with Worpel when they drafted him. Worpel was a unit at 17, and dominated the U18's with his physicality, but had the turning circle of freighter. The Hawks slimmed him down and worked on his kicking for half a season before debuting him in the AFL.

The kid was an absolute star at U18 level, but looks to be badly lacking in confidence at the moment.

He does have fair bit of the FIGJAM about him though.

One thing Saad does have, is his running ability. fast player, chasing down Thomas twice.

In some ways I felt like we got out if jail yesterday. But in others, if we were more accurate at goal, would have won by more. We had like so many behinds. Essendon played well. You can blame the umpires all you like, but they don't win you games. Playing better does. Pies were in front the whole day and fought it out til the very end without giving up, I say we still deserved to win for that alone. But we sure can be our own worst enemy at times.

I'm just thankful to get the win and the points. These games are always so intense. I was nervous all day sitting in the ponsford with mum. Especially after half time. Its why I hate close games, it gives me heart attack more than I'd like lol

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
One thing Saad does have, is his running ability. fast player, chasing down Thomas twice.

In some ways I felt like we got out if jail yesterday. But in others, if we were more accurate at goal, would have won by more. We had like so many behinds. Essendon played well. You can blame the umpires all you like, but they don't win you games. Playing better does. Pies were in front the whole day and fought it out til the very end without giving up, I say we still deserved to win for that alone. But we sure can be our own worst enemy at times.

I'm just thankful to get the win and the points. These games are always so intense. I was nervous all day sitting in the ponsford with mum. Especially after half time. Its why I hate close games, it gives me heart attack more than I'd like lol
Having the umpires on your side every game doesn't hurt though.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
`Rankine is going to have to be nek level to outdo Rozee
Rozee is great and does all the basics so well but Rankine is an absolute freak show.

Rankine is the only player in living memory who had to swap sides at half time in an u17 all star game of the best junior players in the country because he was destroying the game.

Unless your Patty Cripps it's hard for a kid to stand out given our highly contested game style and shall I say lack of quality delivery going forward

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rozee is great and does all the basics so well but Rankine is an absolute freak show.

Rankine is the only player in living memory who had to swap sides at half time in an u17 all star game of the best junior players in the country because he was destroying the game.

Unless your Patty Cripps it's hard for a kid to stand out given our highly contested game style and shall I say lack of quality delivery going forward

No one doubts Rankine's potential
But Rozee has already played 6 fine games of senior AFL football
We won't see anything of Rankine until at least round 12 I'd reckon
He's starting a fair way behind
Hopefully his start to AFL will just be a blip on the road to stardom
But after 10 years there's some serious deja vu I can call on regarding our top draft picks

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
No one doubts Rankine's potential
But Rozee has already played 6 fine games of senior AFL football
We won't see anything of Rankine until at least round 12 I'd reckon
He's starting a fair way behind
Hopefully his start to AFL will just be a blip on the road to stardom
But after 10 years there's some serious deja vu I can call on regarding our top draft picks
If only we ended up with that Freo pick as part of the May trade then I would be pretty confident Rozee and not Ben King would be a Sun

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Eagles got killed by Geelong! This could be a good time to possibly get a win over them. Their confidence would be down. Two losses in two weeks.
Or it's the recipe for an absolute shellacking. Wounded pride on their home deck which is a size and shape that doesn't suit us. Not to mention the surface is harder then Mitch Robinson's head and capable of causing the same amount of injuries...
I'm not looking forward to watching this one.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or it's the recipe for an absolute shellacking. Wounded pride on their home deck which is a size and shape that doesn't suit us. Not to mention the surface is harder then Mitch Robinson's head and capable of causing the same amount of injuries...
I'm not looking forward to watching this one.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yup.. that's the other thing. They could bounce back with a vengence. It may not be pretty.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Viney is injured for 2 weeks and will miss the Melbourne game against us. Need a few more injuries to give us a decent shot against them.

We might need a few more injuries to ourselves to even the game up a bit :p

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 9.35.43 PM.png

We've beaten Freo a top 4 team, ran St Kilda very close and lost to Lions and Adelaide - top 8 teams.
West Coast and Melbourne are both bottom 6 teams - easy wins right ;)

Back