Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be turning up next week
Watching Peaheart Uncle Tom and Unimprestia go around would burn my guts
And Gil says we can't boo now

I’ll be there but yeah it’s going to be sickening. Between Captain Bedwetter, The Germball, Pea Heart Caddy and worst of all the Campaigner RICHmond fans that reside here, take up oxygen and add sewerage to our community but go to one match a year in numbers to hate on their community and want it to fail all hyped up and carrying on adds up to an afternoon of pure misery.

I’ll be there but yeah it’s going to be sickening. Between Captain Bedwetter, The Germball, Pea Heart Caddy and worst of all the Campaigner RICHmond fans that reside here, take up oxygen and add sewerage to our community but go to one match a year in numbers to hate on their community and want it to fail all hyped up and carrying on adds up to an afternoon of pure misery.
supervent Bods
Love it

Next Fri game vs Hawks will be telling. I watched only 3-4 Pies games but I had you as a flag favourite. It's hard to believe that the contender would have such a big form slump. By all accounts North were harder at it.
Yeah, ive never seen them in this kind of slump before. It's like they are playing like its 2016-2017, which we were really bad. North come hard, but you'd think they would expect it. North's intent wasn't my issues. The boys were pretty effortless.

I agree, the Hawks game will be telling. If this loss doesn't wake them up. We shouldn't be playing finals. The ladder position is actually flattering to the form we have. Probably haven't played a good game since Port. But a full 4 effort not til the Brisbane game in round 5. It's pretty alarming, TBH. But I will give them this loss to sort themselves out. If nothing changes come Friday, then very concerning.

Last edited:
As much as I don’t want us to get the spoon, it was good to see the Blues get over the line against Freo. Thought we’d hold onto 17th for a few more weeks but here we now are, stone motherless last.

I pictured this rant in an angry Dunstall voice. Haha

Won't be turning up next week
Watching Peaheart Uncle Tom and Unimprestia go around would burn my guts
And Gil says we can't boo now
I'd still boo 'em.

Sh!t I boo'd the umpires the whole first half in our match versus the Pies. And most of the stadium boo'd Beams as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely going to watch GC VS hawthorn if Rankine in best 22. At the G.

Want the Demons to win another game, then we can go out and win 2 games and still stay in the bottom 2.
Would take either of the top 2 mids since we need most of all good mids, however they play.

Inside, outside, contested bull, explosive runner, whatever. Most important is being really really good.

So there I was sitting around with my wife (who has been a long and loyal suffering Lions supporter) and were discussing current team lists - best 22 etc for both the Suns and Lions. She came up with the statement that line for line there wouldn't be a Suns player that would force out one Lions player from their team. I was initially surprised but then started going over our players against theirs. Witts for Stefan Martin? No definite but given age of Martin, it's one possibility). Day for McInerney is also only a maybe and then I struggled. Would love to hear if there are any I've missed and please look at this from a non biased supporter. I believe it shows just how weak we are across the field when compared player for player with other teams. Bowes, Weller and Fiorini for example would be good fringe/outside players in other teams adding supporting to their more dominant ones, but with us, they are expected to be match winners. Highlights the desperate need for experienced and bigger bodies. Looking forward to some constructive comment and please show my wife she's wrong - it's getting one sided around the house!
I can find room for some Suns players.

I'd put Harbrow in for Hodge. It's not a like for like replacement. Witherden is our eventual replacement for Hodge. Unfortunately there isn't a place for Answerth in the best 22.

Depending on how Marcus Adams fits in to the defence, there is a place for Collins to.

Bowes starts opposite McCluggage on a wing. We've rotated a number of players on the wing opposite McCluggage. Fagan wants inside outside players on the wing, mids who can go inside and win it, but are also classy by foot on the outside.

Weller comes in for Mitch Robinson, but it's not a like for like replacement.

Swallow comes in for Mathieson, but starts and Lyons goes to the bench.

Peter Wright is an obvious inclusion ahead of McStay. And Wright doesn't have to ruck, because Fagan wants two rucks in the team, with one able to rest forward. And Ainsworth replaces Rayner, who is horribly out of form.

My team would be.

Witherden Adams* (Collins) Gardiner
Harbrow Andrews Rich

Bowes Neale McCluggage
Martin Swallow Berry

Cameron Hipwood Zorko
McCarthy Wright Ainsworth

Int: McInnerney, Bailey, Weller, Lyons

So if Adams doesn't pan out, or Collins comes in and Andrews and Collins switch roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back