Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else getting the feeling that the Crows might get their first win of the year against the Pies at Adelaide Oval tomorrow night? Sorry Jen but it's been such a weird season and their form has been really questionable as of late, plus losing Treloar is a big blow to the midfield. Obviously I could be a guilty of pulling for a result here because it's better for us if Collingwood lose but I think a lot of warranted questions are being asked of the Pies right now given the way they have been playing lately.

Two games to go in round 11 and if both go our way (we win and the Crows win) then we'll be just two points outside the top 8.
Nope. Sure, it could happen. And yeah we have some stars out. Treloar probably isn't as bad as an out as some may think. He turns it over a lot, even though he gets the ball (which I know, can happen when you play that kind of role, always under pressure)
Sure, the pies haven't been playing great as of yet. I did see good signs in that second half of the swans game. Also, if they were more accurate, it would have been 14 goals, 6, not the other way around.

I'd like to think even the pies poorest team should be able to win. Some big achievements in this game. Two blokes who haven't played in 2 years. Dunn, who did two ACL's, and then Tim Broomhead, who.. I'm not sure if anyone here remembers, but he broke his leg in round 2, 2018. It was v GWS at the G. I was at the other side of the ground, the ponsford, but I remember seeing someone go down, but didn't know who or what happened. And nobody needs to see that vision ever again. The replay was just too much. So he has come a long way himself. I hope it gives them some energy to find some form.

But I think also last week's win should give them some confidence. Moore is a big out, but Dunn will be taking that place. Varcoe and Mayne back in, even just for experience. And Darcy Cameron replacing Reid (who is being rested, due to his injury history and the short turnaround)

I'm sure the crows will do everything to win, but I would hope pies will do the same. It would be a pies thing to lose against them though lol But I have faith it shouldn't happen.

If i'm honest, the way they are playing they prob aren't worthy to play finals. But things can change very easily, we went through a bad form patch last year, but got back into form from some lower teams. reached a prelim. No reason it can't happen (unlikely). But just taking it one game at a time. Whatever happens, happens I guess.

they should have beaten Essendon and I reckon they've got a great shot tomorrow night. Looking forward to a great game of footy!
Should have. Should have beaten GWS and Freo too. GWS was more about bloody accuracy, isn't it always? lol You can kick yourself out of a game.
We seem to play this defensive style. Like we blow teams away in the first half, then nothing. But defend. I've no idea why, and no idea why they aren't scoring. It happened on occasion last year. I remember the port game, we kicked like 50 points in the first half, then even when they tried to come back, it didn't matter.
There was times last year that things were good. We played a fast ball movement game. But my fav time had to be 2018, we played such an exciting, fast and pressure game. I just wonder what happened to it.

Eta: as to the richmond/gabba issue. I think its very simple. If it were at Metricon, it would feel like a suns home game. It isn't. So its in Brisbane. So it feels "Away" even though its still in QLD. It's not really that hard to work out. I don't think it matters too much where it is.

I’ll be interested to see what other board members think of this post
tumblr_ncqxbnoKyg1qlvyt0o3_250.gif

When future Mrs BRM wants to have the kids discussion, I'm just going to make her read you two going back and forth for an hour.

Come on lads, Same side. Save that virol for invading flogs (Well, actually you should just report them but that undermines my point)

Nope. Sure, it could happen. And yeah we have some stars out. Treloar probably isn't as bad as an out as some may think. He turns it over a lot, even though he gets the ball (which I know, can happen when you play that kind of role, always under pressure)
Sure, the pies haven't been playing great as of yet. I did see good signs in that second half of the swans game. Also, if they were more accurate, it would have been 14 goals, 6, not the other way around.

I'd like to think even the pies poorest team should be able to win. Some big achievements in this game. Two blokes who haven't played in 2 years. Dunn, who did two ACL's, and then Tim Broomhead, who.. I'm not sure if anyone here remembers, but he broke his leg in round 2, 2018. It was v GWS at the G. I was at the other side of the ground, the ponsford, but I remember seeing someone go down, but didn't know who or what happened. And nobody needs to see that vision ever again. The replay was just too much. So he has come a long way himself. I hope it gives them some energy to find some form.

But I think also last week's win should give them some confidence. Moore is a big out, but Dunn will be taking that place. Varcoe and Mayne back in, even just for experience. And Darcy Cameron replacing Reid (who is being rested, due to his injury history and the short turnaround)

I'm sure the crows will do everything to win, but I would hope pies will do the same. It would be a pies thing to lose against them though lol But I have faith it shouldn't happen.

If i'm honest, the way they are playing they prob aren't worthy to play finals. But things can change very easily, we went through a bad form patch last year, but got back into form from some lower teams. reached a prelim. No reason it can't happen (unlikely). But just taking it one game at a time. Whatever happens, happens I guess.
I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to write a proper response to my theory. I was not aware of the other storylines at play going into this game so I say thank you for providing me with more context.

I'll concede there is definitely a part of me that would prefer the result to go a certain for selfish reasons but Collingwood's performance against the lowly Swans wasn't very convincing. We all know things can change very quickly in the AFL though and the Pies are probably just as likely to win by 6+ goals as they are to lose. Maybe it goes the other way though and the Crows finally get it together? I just wonder where the goals will come from for Adelaide. Tex Walker is playing like he's games away from retirement and they don't really have any other major threats in front of goal.

I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to write a proper response to my theory. I was not aware of the other storylines at play going into this game so I say thank you for providing me with more context.

I'll concede there is definitely a part of me that would prefer the result to go a certain for selfish reasons but Collingwood's performance against the lowly Swans wasn't very convincing. We all know things can change very quickly in the AFL though and the Pies are probably just as likely to win by 6+ goals as they are to lose. Maybe it goes the other way though and the Crows finally get it together? I just wonder where the goals will come from for Adelaide. Tex Walker is playing like he's games away from retirement and they don't really have any other major threats in front of goal.
yeah, Crows, their forwards kick as many goals as the pies haha. They clearly are rebuilding, Tex clearly isn't the same. Fogarty has yet to fire this year. But again with forwards, its all about your midfield and how the ball comes in, and how often it comes in. I feel like if the pies can control the midfield, they'll control the game. Our defence is pretty strong. One of the strongest.
While the pies have struggled to score after half time for most of the season, I'd like to think in a game like this they will find a way. And yeah, I agree the win against sydney wasn't as convincing. But Swans arent as bad as some people think. Bit like Freo.
With it being wet, it should be low scoring, so our experience and bigger bodies, I'd like to think the pies can get over the line.

With the Sydney game, I thought Trey Ruscoe had a fair game. Probably should have had 3 goals on his debut. But composure will come in time and experience. I thought the focus after half time was much better. They stopped bombing it in, but looked for shorter options.
And how good was Daicos? I think I have watched that moment over a dozen times. But between Cameron, we can kick goals as a ruck forward, Daicos, Thomas (if he is gonna start kicking goals, this is the game to do it lol), Stevo. Our mids can kick goals too. Its a different line up this week, no doubt about that. A little unpredictability. But I'm hoping that will be a good thing.

I know a loss would help the suns, but I have to think of myself on this time lol We'll know one way or another in less than 24 hrs.

I'm off to bed.

yeah, Crows, their forwards kick as many goals as the pies haha. They clearly are rebuilding, Tex clearly isn't the same. Fogarty has yet to fire this year. But again with forwards, its all about your midfield and how the ball comes in, and how often it comes in. I feel like if the pies can control the midfield, they'll control the game. Our defence is pretty strong. One of the strongest.
While the pies have struggled to score after half time for most of the season, I'd like to think in a game like this they will find a way. And yeah, I agree the win against sydney wasn't as convincing. But Swans arent as bad as some people think. Bit like Freo.
With it being wet, it should be low scoring, so our experience and bigger bodies, I'd like to think the pies can get over the line.

With the Sydney game, I thought Trey Ruscoe had a fair game. Probably should have had 3 goals on his debut. But composure will come in time and experience. I thought the focus after half time was much better. They stopped bombing it in, but looked for shorter options.
And how good was Daicos? I think I have watched that moment over a dozen times. But between Cameron, we can kick goals as a ruck forward, Daicos, Thomas (if he is gonna start kicking goals, this is the game to do it lol), Stevo. Our mids can kick goals too. Its a different line up this week, no doubt about that. A little unpredictability. But I'm hoping that will be a good thing.

I know a loss would help the suns, but I have to think of myself on this time lol We'll know one way or another in less than 24 hrs.

I'm off to bed.
Relax jen, pies win this all day long. As you said your worst team will still win

To say I'm relieved is an understatement.

I really thought at half time, it was over. I was really disgusted how the pies were playing. But again, just like last week, they came out like a different team. I saw good signs, better forward entries. better ball movement. Just need to put it together for a whole game.

Ruscoe is so fun and exciting. His energy you just can't help but love. Move over Cox, I think Darcy Cameron is now taken your place.

Its funny how St Kilda chose to rest players against Geelong but made sure they had all their guns in for our game! Paddy Ryder, Zac Jones didnt play against Geelong. Greshan now has an injury...

Its funny how St Kilda chose to rest players against Geelong but made sure they had all their guns in for our game! Paddy Ryder, Zac Jones didnt play against Geelong. Greshan now has an injury...
They rested Jones, Rowan Marshall plays much better without Ryder there and the cats don't have a real ruckman. Reckon Ryder was omitted but put under the guise of rested. Wouldn't of made a difference if either one played though. Cats destroyed them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine needing a phantom downfield free to beat Freo

Disgraceful
Deliberate on Taberner was a good call.
The downfield free kick for Brayshaws smother? One of the worst, game-ruining free kicks I’ve ever seen. Not only that, they let newnes kick it despite gibbons being significantly closer to the ball which is how the free is meant to be officiated.
Horrible finish to the game.

I am bloody disgusted with that umpiring decision. Games should NOT be resulted as to umpires calls.

Fremantle have every right to be angry!- I would be furious if it happened to us.

We play Carlton on Friday and I hope we flog them and they get on the bad end of decisions ending in goals to us just to give them a taste of their own damn medicine...

I suggest pies only win 1 more game this season if we keep playing this way. Maybe Norf, if we're lucky.

High draft pick here we come. I'm just absolutely disgusted.

And to top off my night, carlton win. Pretty sure the footy gods are laughing at me..
Footy gods have been laughing at us for 10 odd years :(

Hope we clart Carlton next week after that
They didn't look great did they? And they got the win so hopefully no media revving 🤞

Deliberate on Taberner was a good call.
The downfield free kick for Brayshaws smother? One of the worst, game-ruining free kicks I’ve ever seen. Not only that, they let newnes kick it despite gibbons being significantly closer to the ball which is how the free is meant to be officiated.
Horrible finish to the game.
Not only that, From my understanding of the rules. A downfield freekick on an OOBOTF is supposed to be taken back where the original kick is from.

I suggest pies only win 1 more game this season if we keep playing this way. Maybe Norf, if we're lucky.

High draft pick here we come. I'm just absolutely disgusted.

And to top off my night, carlton win. Pretty sure the footy gods are laughing at me..
you'll be getting the last laugh when we beat Richmond on Monday.

They didn't look great did they? And they got the win so hopefully no media revving 🤞

Not only that, From my understanding of the rules. A downfield freekick on an OOBOTF is supposed to be taken back where the original kick is from.

you'll be getting the last laugh when we beat Richmond on Monday.

That would make my whole week. I really hope so!

It happens to us regularly- it is like teams make sure they get everything ready for us. Why do we always play teams after a media belt up or before they get a whole heap of injures!

Maybe clubs now have respect for us and they want to make sure they beat us?

If you were reading the form guide like when looking at horse racing then you would conclude we must be very close to being on the end of an absolute hammering.
That’s why I’d play the Beautiful Bods 22 of blokes fighting for their careers Tomorrow and send out a rejuvenated best 22 to beat Carlton and to enthuse our good friends in Darwin.

Let these blokes have a chance to defend their livelihoods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back