Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale out 8 weeks ankle injury
You never cheer for injuries but this is obviously good news for us given we have a home QClash coming up in three weeks from now.

They will be without Neale and Rayner for the match against us. Both of those guys have performed well against us in the past so our midfielders will have a much easier time getting their hands on the ball this time around. The main guy we have to worry about in the midfield is McCluggage because he's in career best form, and to a lesser degree Lyons/Zorko. Far less daunting task than it has been in the past!

I would have thought Port Adelaide will beat Brisbane pretty comfortably without Neale this weekend and then the Lions have a long trip to Perth the following to face what now looks like a tough Dockers outfit. So their form could be very questionable going into the QClash off a 6 day break following a long away trip, whereas we've got the struggling Pies at the MCG and Saints at home in our next two fixtures as well as a full 7 day break between the Saints and Lions games. Only having to travel once to Melbourne between now and the QClash is obviously advantageous as well. It's a good time to get back-to-back home fixtures.

Seems like a few things are starting to fall in our favour to go on a run and get some wins on the board!

You never cheer for injuries but this is obviously good news for us given we have a home QClash coming up in three weeks from now.

They will be without Neale and Rayner for the match against us. Both of those guys have performed well against us in the past so our midfielders will have a much easier time getting their hands on the ball this time around. The main guy we have to worry about in the midfield is McCluggage because he's in career best form, and to a lesser degree Lyons/Zorko. Far less daunting task than it has been in the past!

I would have thought Port Adelaide will beat Brisbane pretty comfortably without Neale this weekend and then the Lions have a long trip to Perth the following to face what now looks like a tough Dockers outfit. So their form could be very questionable going into the QClash off a 6 day break following a long away trip, whereas we've got the struggling Pies at the MCG and Saints at home in our next two fixtures as well as a full 7 day break between the Saints and Lions games. Only having to travel once to Melbourne between now and the QClash is obviously advantageous as well. It's a good time to get back-to-back home fixtures.

Seems like a few things are starting to fall in our favour to go on a run and get some wins on the board!
I like your optimism but I don't really share it. I would worry first about Collingwood. It does look like Smith will play one more game in VFL. Grundy is not Sinclair and will have 70+ hit outs and run all over the ground. If we can somehow square in midfield and bring the same intensity and contest (not sure if we can keep up the same level), yes we got a chance. But it's a big if for me. Collingwood is still a very good team and have their backs against the wall. De Goey is most probably back and he torched us the last time we played them. We don't win many games on the road if any. sportsbet - Collingwood $1.42, SUNS $2.89

I like your optimism but I don't really share it. I would worry first about Collingwood. It does look like Smith will play one more game in VFL. Grundy is not Sinclair and will have 70+ hit outs and run all over the ground. If we can somehow square in midfield and bring the same intensity and contest (not sure if we can keep up the same level), yes we got a chance. But it's a big if for me. Collingwood is still a very good team and have their backs against the wall. De Goey is most probably back and he torched us the last time we played them. We don't win many games on the road if any. sportsbet - Collingwood $1.42, SUNS $2.89
No time like the present, my friend. Why can't this be the start of something great for our club? We just showed over the weekend that we can dominate a team that's been performing very well this year (they belted Richmond at the MCG three weeks ago without Buddy!). I feel there's no need to assume the worst until it actually happens and we're currently in a position to enter the top 8 if we beat the Pies.

I'd like Smith to play but don't forget Grundy had 50+ hitouts against the Lions a few weeks ago and still lost so it can be done without a competitive player in the ruck. Collingwood made a lot of mistakes yesterday and most of that had to do with Essendon's pressure so I feel if we can stick to our game of high pressure/tackling then the Pies will crack and turn the ball over. Even polished performers like Sidebottom were making mistakes yesterday.

Bods would be loving the latest Richmond nightclub debarcle.
It's pathetic that people subject players to unsociable treatment when out.

In saying that, these boys were stupid to get involved in a fight (and to lose it by the sounds)

Obviously, the entire incident is a black eye on the face of the RFC and the AFL.

But I pose one pretty basic question.

Why in the blue hell are you going clubbing during the season?
Apparently Bolton's GF birthday and Rioli GF is the DJ at the club

Apparently Bolton's GF birthday and Rioli GF is the DJ at the club
I mean that's all fine and well but argh I donno, Maybe it's me being a grumpy old man in a youngish man's body but I feel as though you just don't put yourself in that situation. You're supposed to be professional athletes.

Happy for people not to agree but yeah, Just my $0.02

I mean that's all fine and well but argh I donno, Maybe it's me being a grumpy old man in a youngish man's body but I feel as though you just don't put yourself in that situation. You're supposed to be professional athletes.

Happy for people not to agree but yeah, Just my $0.02
Yeah, there's levels to 'clubbing'
If they were out having a few drinks having a dance with their partners, don't have any problem with it.

Not sure that's how it was all going down though..

Hope the SUNS players are watching the giants right now. They’ve got 10 fans at Marvel stadium and are putting on a clinic against the reining premiers, that is how you attack a game of footy! Turn it up suns we are ready and waiting!

Work rate and pressure is through the roof

Ball smarts, ground positioning and 1%ers is so much better than ours and they don’t stop fighting for the ball until it’s dead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints at 73% with way more senior players than us. Hopefully we can escape the blowtorch this week

That was basically a training drill.

With all their recruits, you would expect better from the likes Hill, Ryder and Crouch. And then the rest.
Yet Mick Warner says. Ben King is $1.01 to go back to St Kilda at the end of next year

Yet Mick Warner says. Ben King is $1.01 to go back to St Kilda at the end of next year
He probably is. Regardless of how good or bad they are, the chance to both play for the club he supports with his twin brother, he will leave.

I will be more happy if he is going to another club that is struggling.

We need to find replacements for King this trade period.

He probably is. Regardless of how good or bad they are, the chance to both play for the club he supports with his twin brother, he will leave.

I will be more happy if he is going to another club that is struggling.

We need to find replacements for King this trade period.
I reckon he'll stay

I reckon he'll stay
Yeah, of course just my read and opinion on it. I have no knowledge on it all and I really want him to stay, just my feeling on it. Understand not everyone feels the same.

Though, I think we can all agree, it is nice seeing the Saints getting trounced :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back